RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Im brand new

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-06, 02:36 PM
pimpdarx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im brand new

ok well ive had my rx300 for some time now and i am now looking to modify its apearance and performance. i was reading the faq's and i will change the air filter. im just looking to be the baddest rx300 on the road. so if anyone has any ideas or suggestions please feel free to reply and you will be the helping hand that made the baddest rx300 on the road
Old 03-02-06, 04:47 PM
sharpener
Driver

Originally Posted by pimpdarx
ok well ive had my rx300 for some time now and i am now looking to modify its apearance and performance. i was reading the faq's and i will change the air filter. im just looking to be the baddest rx300 on the road. so if anyone has any ideas or suggestions please feel free to reply and you will be the helping hand that made the baddest rx300 on the road
hi, to be the baddest go look for 'lexmex'
i think so far he has the meanest rx300 here
Old 03-04-06, 02:44 PM
Jason61991
Driver School Candidate

Definetly LEXMEX has it down packed when it comes to these rxs
Old 03-04-06, 03:26 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 163 Likes on 139 Posts

I only specialize in certain areas of my RX. There too many RXs out there that are better aesthetically and even in sound than my own. Probably somewhere out there, somebody has an RX much more powerful than my own, but I have yet to see it.

With pimpdarx being in Jersey, there is not a tailpipe test to my knowledge with regard to emissions unless it is a 1995 or earlier model vehicle. My RX passes the Mexico City standards akin to California and also the OBDII test since I don't get check engine lights flashing like a Christmas Tree 24/7.

With modding RXs or any vehicle, one has to go with their instincts and what they want.

When I first got my RX, and many of you remember that all the way back to my postings under Lexmexico staring in 2002, I had some minor aesthetic ideas like monochrome paint, tires, brakes and what fluids were useful at high altitude. Just simple modifications.

Being at high altitude has its negatives, but also advantages in that one can shoot for sea level goals in terms of modification. Indeed, most of my track friends have a small toast and we like to mention a congratulatory note on the loudspeakers at Tlalnepantla when this rare event occurs.

To want to have the best of anything you need to have motivation in what it is you want, something that drives you. As long as I keep seeing goals, having motivation and drive, I know I am not the best yet.