RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

anyone have tein coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-06, 11:48 AM
yoon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have tein coilovers?

whats up guys did some searching but couldnt find any answers to my questions. i noticed that some people had tein coilovers and others had the springs. anyone know the exact amount of drop i can get with either one of the products? i looked on http://www.tein.com/ti/l72.html and the difference in drop between the coilover and the spring is so small that i dont think i can justify spending the extra money for the coilovers. can anyone please let me know. thanks
Old 03-24-06, 01:48 PM
TunedRX300
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by yoon
whats up guys did some searching but couldnt find any answers to my questions. i noticed that some people had tein coilovers and others had the springs. anyone know the exact amount of drop i can get with either one of the products? i looked on http://www.tein.com/ti/l72.html and the difference in drop between the coilover and the spring is so small that i dont think i can justify spending the extra money for the coilovers. can anyone please let me know. thanks
You are comparing apples with oranges. Coilover includes struts by definition. Spring does not. If you search a little more, you will find 1) there is no sport struts to match with stiffer springs for RX300 in the U.S. 2) even there is, spring rate and shock dampering rate are not matched if designed by different vendors.
Old 06-24-09, 08:28 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just bringing this back from the dead... why is it there is no coilover application for the AWD version? what is the difference?