RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Looking for RX300 for performance parts test

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-01, 02:20 PM
Area 51 Dave
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

All:

I wanted to see if there are any RX300 owners in Southern California that would be interested in some free preformance products! Area 51 Fabrications has designed a suite of products for Lexus Cars, and now we want to start on the RX300.

We have designed an intake with piggy back ECU for the other 300 lines (IS/GS/SC) and think it will be easy to apply it to the RX......BUT.....we need an RX to test it out on. If anyone is interested, and willing to let us test a product on their car for a day or so.....we will give you a free copy of the finished product. Right now, our intake sells for $425 and the ECU for $250.....so its worth almost $700 for a little time with your RX.

If you are interested........please let me know on the thread......also, if anyone has a burning desire for a particular performance product missing for the RX...let me know and we will consider manufacturing it.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Dave
Old 09-18-01, 05:35 PM
Swing913
Pole Position

I am very interested in ur products, the Intake i have from Weapon R already, do u guys have a webpage which I can check ur products out. The main thing here is I am really interested in the ECU and i have been looking everywhere for it. I live in Canada, BC though, I don't mind pay the shipping costs to try out the ECU. Or is there any other options I can have?
Old 09-18-01, 05:37 PM
Swing913
Pole Position

Default More

Another product which would be very popular are a cat-back exhaust system for the RX300 which currently there are no companies making that, as well as springs or coilover kits. These would be very popular for the RX as I know. Do u guys have the ventshades for the RX300?
Old 09-18-01, 07:23 PM
Swing913
Pole Position

Default ECU

As I must repeat myself once again, I am interested in the ECU for my RX and 250 is a great price, how can I order the ECU, by phone or online, pls provide me with details.
Old 09-19-01, 03:12 AM
Area 51 Dave
Driver School Candidate

I was hoping to get an RX to test our ECU on.......we have one developed that we are using on the IS300 and GS300, but we don't want to release it as an RX product until we can test it at our facility.

We have the dyno in shop and if the settings are the same....it should take only a matter of minutes. If we need to make small changes....it could take a couple of hours.

We also have a Supercharger Kit for the IS300 and GS300 we would love to test on the RX.....if it looked like there was enough interest.

To answer everyones questions...

RXKen....it will not throw off a dealers diagnostic test.

Swing....we don't want to sell the product (no orders currently being taken) until we can test the application and our webpage is under construction.

rraool....there is no drilling for the ECU piggyback, but we need to cut and/or splice 3 wires on the ECU.
Old 09-19-01, 05:45 AM
RXKen
Driver

Do you physically need the RX in your shop for testing or if you were to come visit could you install the parts and run your tests at another location? In other words do you need to hook the car up to any diagnostic equipment while you are testing or do you have handheld diagnostic equipment?

I'm not in L.A. but would be willing to let you experiment on our RX, especially since I have a nice digital camera and a web server where I could post pictures of the tests and results for others to see.

BTW, if the car went into the dealer for routine maintenence is the piggyback ECU something they would spot or would it throw their own readings off?

If you want to use our car, let me know, you can reach me at:
ksmiley@idir.net
Old 09-19-01, 04:12 PM
RXKen
Driver

Well you've got the offer of our RX-300, the only problem is that we are in KC and you are in LA. If we can work something out great, if not I guess someone else closer to you will be the lucky recipient of your upgrades. That's the problem with car stuff, everything comes out of Cali or Florida...
Old 09-19-01, 10:13 PM
Swing913
Pole Position

Default Keep me posted

Well, Area 51 Dave, pls keep me posted of when ur ECU will be finish cuz I will definitely get one off u guys.
Old 09-20-01, 03:26 PM
Area 51 Dave
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the replies guys.....and RXKen, if you are going to be in Southern California any time soon.....let me know!
Old 09-20-01, 09:06 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

heheh that sounds pretty cool... i woudln't mind doning it... but is there a chance that it would mess up the car in any way since its first time being tested for the rx? =)
Old 09-21-01, 11:06 AM
Area 51 Dave
Driver School Candidate

Spin:

there is really no chance anything could happen......we would first check the stock settings on everything (in particular we would be evaluating the Air/Fuel mix throughout the powerband) then use a tool to adjust the settings to better optimize them. We are VERY familair with the tolerances within the engine and don't come anywhere close to adjusting outside of a safe zone.

If you have a little time.....we would love to give it a try on your RX!
Old 09-21-01, 10:52 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

damn... its so tempting... i want to... but my car is like 1 month new... right now i have a weapon R intake... do you guys have the thing to test the dyno or something? mines a awd SS so yea... also where are you guys located... i'm interested in it... just a bit skeptical but still very interested... =) hahah sorry for all those questions.. but yea i just wanted to know first =)
Old 09-22-01, 07:23 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

hey Area 51 Dave, contact me at spinteews@hotmail.com or private message me... i'm down...