RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Jaos

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-01, 09:35 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaos

Sup, i know someone here in CL has JAOS on their RX300, i was wondering how is it?? you like it?? how much did you pay?? did you purchase it online or at a local shop?? yea sorry for all the questions but i am really looking into JAOS as my grill guards... expensive tho, but i think i will go with those... The front piece alone cost about 600... while the back piece cost 580 i think... Then the metal mud guards cost 580 also i think... sigh cost so much, but i am looking around to find it for cheaper if i can...

Also does anyone know about side steps? i want silver looking ones, JAOS doesn't make side steps, but wagg does and the ones i saw were black...

Another thing, does anyone know if i can make the extra rear view mirrior like the japanese harrier mirror on the hood... I think that would look sweet and also i want to know if i can use the japanese atenna setup on the right roof of my rx... well if anyone have infomation for me thanks... would be helpful, all my local shops here dont know nothing about the rx... sigh o well thanks
Old 09-26-01, 06:01 PM
salimshah

Received 1,059 Likes on 955 Posts

Here is my 2.5 yr old after bath.

I love the Jaos stuff. Polished chrome and stainless steel. Both form and function are exellent.

Off road lights are controvertional. Wife hates em and I like them.

Salim

Old 09-26-01, 07:23 PM
salimshah

Are mud guards (behind wheels) available for RX? I did not like the JOAS mud guards and roof carrier as they looked too bright/flashy.

I bought my stuff through a Seattle site (authorized JAOS outlet) and the things were shipped from Jaos USA in CA.

I installed the stuff myself. The front bumper has to be removed. All holes lined up perfectly and the design is sturdy. No vibrations or shakes and I have had no need to re-tighten anything.

The attached pictures are taken from a low angle (2ft from ground). Lights are not on and what you see is reflection from camera flash.

Salim

btw: to view the pictures, right click on the angelfire thing that shows, click on properties, and copy and paste the url into your browser
Old 09-26-01, 08:59 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

the copy and pasted link doesn't work, is it just me?
Old 09-26-01, 09:03 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

Ya, same here, the link is dead also for me... would be really nice to be able to see pictures of it...

Yea, the mud guards would be the ones that go behind the wheel... its really nice, and its all metal also...

Was it hard to install the stuff yourself??? i dunno, i kinda dont trust myself... but maybe
Old 09-27-01, 01:25 PM
salimshah

Sorry folks. I checked the link lastnight and it worked, but not today.

It was my first attempt to post a picture and it failed.

I will try to resize to be under 102Kb limit or something else.

Salim
Old 09-27-01, 03:39 PM
salimshah

Side view
Attached Thumbnails Jaos-rxside.jpg  

Trending Topics

Old 09-27-01, 03:40 PM
salimshah

front
Attached Images  
Old 09-27-01, 05:49 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

wow - those are some monster lights! Nice looking Jaos bar Thanks for the pictures salimshah.

-Nick
Old 09-27-01, 06:32 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Hey, salimshah, you can get some HID fog lights and slap them onto the JAOS bar - that would be nice. Insta daylight!
Old 09-27-01, 06:41 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

SWEEET!!!

That looks nice... i'm in process of looking around my local shops about JAOS and came to one thats selling the front for 600 and rear for 580... The JAOS lights, he is selling for 400 which i think is a rip off, how much did you get yours for?? Also i see you have the Skid plates, how much were those? and how was that easy to install?? do you have the back end?

Btw how do you like your JAOS setup??? enjoying it? also how do you like the JAOS light? i was either thinking of those JAOS lights or PIAAS...

Nice pics =)
Old 09-27-01, 07:32 PM
salimshah

Lights are a sore topic in our home. Wife hates them ... and calls them hunting lights.

The photos exaggerate the size of the guard and the lights.

In defence of Joas lights, they are operated by a wireless remote. Produce golden hue 100Watts each. The alternator whines under load .

The instructions with the kit did not describe how to dis-assemble the bumper. The procedure to dis-assemble is easy once you know which screws to open. The only hidden screws are behind the wheel well, close to the turn signal lights.

In retrospect, I would still reccomend the Jaos center guard. Lights are controvertial. Wiring ie easy, with the bumper off.

Salim
Old 09-27-01, 07:58 PM
salimshah

Looked a little harder and this is waht I found

Items purchased: Jaos [center guard, front skid plate, off-road lights]
Date: 4/19/00
Price + ship: $1223.85 sorry no itemized record

Off road lights were replaced by two new models which costed more than the one I paid for. JAOS USA was very helpful in giving me the new [single beam] lights, at no additional cost. Thanks to Juan Delgado. [The new models are controled by wireless transmitter in the cab ... no need to run wires to the cab. The more expensive lights have low and high beam settings]

Install is easy as the holes lign up perfectly.

Salim
Old 09-27-01, 08:58 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

Hrm, nice nice nice, i was checking out the website down at auto seattle... i see you didn't get the rear skid bar, hrm maybe i dont need the rear skid bar either... and i like the setup that you went for... Also how were you able to talk to JAOS USA? i mean you ordered from auto seattle but JAOS USA shipped you the item? Ya i like that setup... very tempting, Do you have detailed instructions on how to intstall it? as in espically for the bumper removal... thanks salim, so far you been MAJOR help =)
Old 09-27-01, 10:00 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Check out this RX spinteews.
Attached Thumbnails Jaos-bigrex.jpg  

Quick Reply: Jaos