RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Blitz Realize TT Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-06, 05:58 PM
tcheung87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Blitz Realize TT Exhaust

Steve from L-TunedParts offered me a good deal on the Blitz Realize TT exhaust for the RX300, polished and supposedly sounds really good. I know they made this exhaust for the RX300 but I've never seen it in any pics, he said he'd take some pics on his RX when he got it back. I did a search on CL and no one has any experience with it either. Does anyone know what it looks like on an RX300 or have any input? I trust Blitz quality and everything though.

-Tc
Old 07-18-06, 06:37 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 163 Likes on 139 Posts

http://www.blitz.co.jp/products/ex.s.../realizeTT.htm

Though it shows it with an RX330.
Old 07-18-06, 06:46 PM
tcheung87
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks Lexmex, I saw that webpage and liked what I saw. I'm hoping that it will look something similar, nice and polished sport muffler look.
Old 07-18-06, 10:33 PM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tcheung87
Steve from L-TunedParts offered me a good deal on the Blitz Realize TT exhaust for the RX300, polished and supposedly sounds really good. I know they made this exhaust for the RX300 but I've never seen it in any pics, he said he'd take some pics on his RX when he got it back. I did a search on CL and no one has any experience with it either. Does anyone know what it looks like on an RX300 or have any input? I trust Blitz quality and everything though.

-Tc
^^^Tchueng whats the price on those? Is it capable of giving the RX a deep growl or a ricer sound? HP gains?
Old 07-19-06, 11:15 AM
tcheung87
Lexus Test Driver

Steve said he sells for -$389 which IMO is a steal for a quality exhaust. He did give me a small description, nice mellow tone and polished muffler. But I'm waiting to hear back from him soon, I'll update when I do.

-tc
Old 07-25-06, 01:19 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Someone mentioned to me today that this exhaust would add about 8 to 10 hp.
Old 07-25-06, 01:24 PM
tcheung87
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexmex
Someone mentioned to me today that this exhaust would add about 8 to 10 hp.
The Realize TT might be a catback, I'm not sure because it says it's completely bolt-on and one website listed it under catback exhaust systems. Let me ask Steve. If it is a catback that would justify the reasonable gains.

-tc
Old 07-25-06, 01:32 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tcheung87
The Realize TT might be a catback, I'm not sure because it says it's completely bolt-on and one website listed it under catback exhaust systems. Let me ask Steve. If it is a catback that would justify the reasonable gains.

-tc
Good point, as I wasn´t sure if you were getting the muffler or the complete system. The guy I talked to (out of Japan) told me exhaust system, so make sure you know what you´re getting. That Blitz link showed the differences in the photos.
Old 07-25-06, 06:11 PM
yoon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any possible way i could pick one up?
Old 07-25-06, 07:01 PM
zombie
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

that actually sounds like a good deal! ask him if he can give the same price to others. im interested in getting a catback exhaust.
Old 08-08-06, 10:42 PM
evilxlexso
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whats up guys.. i found this on ebay .. i was looking for exhaust and i came cross this and some of the cl members ask where they can get it at ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLITZ...spagenameZWD1V
Old 08-09-06, 07:28 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

I am quite curious to see how much this exhaust weighs. When I did my custom design, I paid very close attention to this. You can use your OEM Muffler and Resonator as exercise weights...no joke, they were very heavy. One good thing about these exhausts like this one from Blitz is you get do not get these slightly crumpled sections of pipe. When I had Hangar 1 my exhaust shop, implement my design they could not bend any 3 inch pipe only anything less.

One other thing, I highly recommend these exhaust mods. It is one of the best things for bumping up hps short of forced induction.
Old 08-09-06, 07:19 PM
evilxlexso
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea i might get this exhaust my buddy gave me a good price....
Old 08-09-06, 07:56 PM
Rx 68
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where can io buy the blitz exhaust from?
Old 08-09-06, 08:28 PM
Fern
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If I may add $.02

I've done a lot of research on aftermarket exhausts for my other vehicle and found that despite a nice sound, nothing comes close to the great balance of low range torque and highend free flow effect as the stock exhaust.

In my opinion exhaust does not GIVE you more hp... Look at the engine as a pump, you only get out what you put in.

That said,
the exhaust may however free more available hp along with reduce weight and overall 1/4 mile time, which I know LEXMEX lives for

What we have to keep in mind is, all this is done at what expense? Increased noise and reduced backpressure in low end acceleration and obviously COST, some of which are rediculous for what I consider a very expense large pop can.

Don't get me wrong,
reducing backpressure is a good thing if you increasing the induction, ie: supercharging or turbocharging or even cold air intake. But for the majority of us who do not live for light to light dragstrips, its unecessary.

BTW, no I'm not 83 years old

Cheers,

Quick Reply: Blitz Realize TT Exhaust