RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models
View Poll Results: LED tail lamp assemblies for RX300
YES, they look great!
60.87%
NO, they look ugly
6.52%
MAYBE, depending on vehicle color
32.61%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Opinions on these LED tail lamp assmeblies for RX300? (photo enclosed)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-07, 08:13 PM
sgv_bum
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Mine ran fine for about a month, then the "blown light" indicator comes on every time the headlights kick in. None of the lights are blown, I checked, but it just shows a light is out. The indicator goes out once the headlight is off. Just something weird, but works great thus far.

i want to get the tail lamps but at the same time i dont want to see the blown light indicator go on and its gonna bug the living crap of me if it cant be fix.
Old 10-08-07, 08:34 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by sgv_bum
i want to get the tail lamps but at the same time i dont want to see the blown light indicator go on and its gonna bug the living crap of me if it cant be fix.
Me and the other GS guys running LED tails just pull the bulb from the dash. Problem solved.
Old 10-08-07, 10:52 PM
zombie
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

mine is still working fine...so far
Old 10-09-07, 01:34 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Blown light

The blown indicator is not a problem, if the unit is working fine. There are built-in regulators that prevent the "blown light" indicator from going on and it worked for about a month for me, but some wire must have come loose inside now.

I highly recommend them, don't get me wrong. They make the car look so much newer and fresher, it's incredible. Like a previous poster wrote, remove the blown light indicator. Or, in my case, don't drive at night...
Old 10-09-07, 01:45 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been running mine for awhile now, no problems whatsoever...don't hesitate, get these for your car, it would put it over the top!
Old 10-09-07, 02:28 PM
sgv_bum
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
I've been running mine for awhile now, no problems whatsoever...don't hesitate, get these for your car, it would put it over the top!
which seller did u get it from on ebay? if you dont mind me asking
Old 01-24-08, 01:40 PM
boxbrownie
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must be missing something here.....I thought the whole point of the Lexus tail lights was THE design, isn't that why everybody with a BMW goes out and buys after market "Lexus" style rear light clusters?

Best regards David
Old 01-24-08, 04:15 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 163 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by boxbrownie
I must be missing something here.....I thought the whole point of the Lexus tail lights was THE design, isn't that why everybody with a BMW goes out and buys after market "Lexus" style rear light clusters?

Best regards David
In Mexico, I get a lot of comments at the track on why I supposedly put non-Lexus taillights on my RX300 (they are actually the stock red background known for the 1999-2000 models), as they say Lexus lights are the ones that we would know more for the 2001-2003 RX300 (with the silver backgrounds).

In fact, such lights similar to those found on the 2001-2003 models and other Lexus models are simply called "Lexus lights" here and can denote any type of taillamp that has a silver background to them, this is espcially true of the Dodge Neon crowd here. I am actually proud of this, as it already helps Lexus get some name recognition ahead of their now announced 2008 arrival in Mexico.
Old 01-25-08, 07:42 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

This is what I was talking about, note Faros Lexus or Lexus Lights and all the references, http://www.google.com.mx/search?hl=e...lexus%22&meta=
Old 01-25-08, 08:29 AM
boxbrownie
Rookie

Aha...I see....didn't realise the early 300 had "conventional" lights. Here to any lamp that looks similar is dubbed "Lexus Style"....in fact got 'em installed on my wifes KA will have to get a piccy side by side

Best regards David
Old 01-25-08, 09:25 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Far out, I love the Ford Ka. I got a friend of mine who races against me, Alan, who is on page 8 of my car domain page. Really neat vehicles and they have a large club down here.
Old 01-25-08, 09:44 AM
boxbrownie
Rookie

I see that....looks like it has radically different rear end styling from the euro version.....bumper completely different and the rear hatch seems to be concave almost rather than the "bubble" convex styling of ours!

Never thought I'd see a KA on a strip though!

Best regards David
Old 01-25-08, 02:05 PM
Fern
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Found this which may cure the "burned out" light on the dash problem.

http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-33226.cfm

Make sure they are installed properly!
Old 01-25-08, 02:47 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by boxbrownie
I see that....looks like it has radically different rear end styling from the euro version.....bumper completely different and the rear hatch seems to be concave almost rather than the "bubble" convex styling of ours!

Never thought I'd see a KA on a strip though!

Best regards David
They can do in the 17s in the 1/4 mile here with some extreme modifications.

I don't have a video of it, but we do have a Ka turbo around here that hits 15 seconds, that might be 13s or 14s at sea level. If he shows up again, I'll be sure to pick up the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T5HPkUTb-w (that Ecosport beats me if it wants to, very lightweight)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaTzX3LFDCg (my friend Alan, though he has gone much faster)
Old 01-25-08, 06:01 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Built in

Originally Posted by Fern
Found this which may cure the "burned out" light on the dash problem.

http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-33226.cfm

Make sure they are installed properly!

The newer lights have the resistors build in, so you don't get the "blown light" issue. I however am experiencing something with mine that I can't explain or seem to resolve.

My headlights are set to "auto." When the headlight is on and I step on the brakes, the "blown light" indicator will come on. When the headlights are off, the indicator goes off, immediately. Then at night when headlight kicks in, and first time I step on brakes, the indicator comes on again.

If this indicator is measuring the resistance across the line, then shouldn't the load be the same in both instances? I must have crossed wires...

Quick Reply: Opinions on these LED tail lamp assmeblies for RX300? (photo enclosed)