RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

RX300 Husky vs Weathertech Cargo Liners

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-06, 09:51 AM
Andrax
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX300 Husky vs Weathertech Cargo Liners

Any opinions?

I realize that this may be an accessory post, but I'm only interested in their application in a 2000 RX 300, so I thought I would seek out the opinions of the rest of the RX community.

I have the light mineral green body with beige leather interior. I just ordered the black all weather floor mats for this rig for winter driving so that the carpet lexus mats don't get destroyed with wet grimey feet. I'm looking at a beige or black cargo mat for the back.

The Husky mats indiciate a lifetime warranty and seem to be about 40% less expensive then the Weathertech. However, if they are horrid, the savings are pointless since I'd have to replace them.

I'm just trying to avoid spending too much, and want to get it right the first time.

Your input is very much appreciated.
Old 09-13-06, 10:17 AM
Andrax
Driver School Candidate

As an aside...

I did search for all weather mats and husky vs weathertech. Seems like the jury is/was out with a pretty even split with fans of both. At least it sounds like either will get the job done.

Now my biggest question is should I go with BLACK cargo liner to match my Lexus All Weather mats in the front, or beige to match the interior.

heh.
Old 09-13-06, 10:51 AM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Since its in the back it really doesnt matter. The front ones would be nice if it matched the interior though
Old 09-13-06, 11:09 AM
weinkaufjr
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

I have the Husky in grey to match interior for front floor and back storage area. My RX 300 is used as my ski vehicle in winter and they do a good job of keeping lots of mud and snow confined. They are 3 years old and look new when I clean them and have had no problems.
Old 09-13-06, 11:13 AM
Andrax
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the feedback.

I can get the Husky cargo mat for about $75 w/ free shipping from a number of online retailers. The Weatherteck (in black) is about $130 + shipping. Hard to justify that much difference for a rear cargo mat.

I went with the black lexus all weather mats for the front and rear seats because brown (from the picture) was a bit of a crapshoot. Hard to see if it would be a good fit color wise, and black goes with everything. So black (for me) was a no brainer.

Anyone ever use accessoriesgiant.com, ************** or *************** ?
Old 09-13-06, 11:47 AM
Andrax
Driver School Candidate

read some frightening reviews about ************** and their parent company so that eliminated them pretty quick. Looks like i'm ordering from ************.com
Old 09-13-06, 05:39 PM
miltonlin
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Andrax:

I purchased the Weathertech for both the RX's and ES's that are in the family. I like it very much, though I think it's expensive. The material is quality product and fits well, but I found that it occasionally moved

On the RX, I chose Husky for the molded floor mats and also pleased with them. At that time, Weathertech didn't have floor liners that were custom to the RX, so it was my only choice.

Comparing the material (which may not be representive for a cargo to floor mats), I believe the Weathertech material is softer and thicker and classier looking, while the Husky is more harder, fits and grips better.

Either color is ok. I noticed that the black shows the dirt much easier, not that the dirt isn't there on the tan liner.
Old 09-28-06, 07:26 PM
carguy07
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 66 Posts

Weatherrech Floorliners sucked in the front.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=carguy07

Let us know what you end up with and how you like them for the cargo area.
Old 09-28-06, 08:27 PM
Fern
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Andrax,

ultimately its your coin and your choice.
I have a relative who purchased the Husky floor liners and after installing them said he did not like the "plasticy feel" and that shoes tended to slide along the bottom when they were wet.

weather tech may not make a product which is quite as "custom fitting as you would expect."

Here's another option, although I have no personal experience with the product,

http://www.autoanything.com/cargo-li...2569A0A0A.aspx
Old 09-29-06, 08:16 AM
Andrax
Driver School Candidate

Actually, I pulled the trigger on the Husky Cargo Liner. I can deffinitely see the "plastic" feel, but it was half the price of the weathertech and I got it purchased and shipped for about $74. It has high sides and should do a great job keeping loose debris, sand, dirt etc off the carpet in the back.

For the passenger area I went with the LEXUS all weather's which appear to be made for the 2003+ as there is no cut out for my gas door release which is on the floor. Aside from this issue, they are great. Fit well and have already performed well with wet feet from our recent rains with the beginning of fall.