RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Phase 1 of My RX Transformation... BIG PICS

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-06, 09:39 PM
rl9905
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow very nice. I got to admit you did a very good job. I like ur angel eyes. I saw the chrome handles on ebay too but didn't know if they would fit well. After looking at ur picture they fit very well. Very well done on all ur mods. If you do anymore Mods post more pictures. We all like to see em. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-04-06, 09:21 PM
wing0
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn....I want those angel eyes...how much were they?
Old 10-05-06, 09:12 PM
tcheung87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey LiqrSicc, those black tail lamps are sick, where'd you get them or did you paint them yourself?

Last edited by tcheung87; 10-08-06 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-06-06, 12:58 PM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wing0
Damn....I want those angel eyes...how much were they?
They kit was $80 shipped from ebay. do a search, you can find the pre-installed ones with the headlights for around $300+
Old 10-08-06, 09:55 AM
tcheung87
Lexus Test Driver

Hey LiqrSicc, what brand are your 9005 Highs, the blue bulbs that I see, and how do they look when DRL is on? Could you take a pic of the DRLs for me? If you don't have time to take the pic could you just describe the color, I'm thinking if I should get some MTEC Cosmos for my highs but unsure about the DRL outcome. Thanks

-tC
Old 10-08-06, 11:34 AM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tcheung87
Hey LiqrSicc, what brand are your 9005 Highs, the blue bulbs that I see, and how do they look when DRL is on? Could you take a pic of the DRLs for me? If you don't have time to take the pic could you just describe the color, I'm thinking if I should get some MTEC Cosmos for my highs but unsure about the DRL outcome. Thanks

-tC
Hey t, these are the 9005s that I have:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT

If you go to the 1st page of this thread its the 1st picture of my headlights. When HIs are on they are bright white but they look almost stock when on as DRL. I was kinda disappointed because I wanted white DRLs. They are bright though.
Old 10-08-06, 12:01 PM
tcheung87
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks a lot man, I kinda wanted white(r) DRLs too but I guess that's near impossible seeing how they run 50% power.

-tc
Old 10-08-06, 02:30 PM
tcheung87
Lexus Test Driver

Liqr, are you using these, http://www.automotivelightingusa.com...8bc141d0bf6a7e for your foglamps? If so have you had problems because they draw 80W. Also what parking lights do you have?

-tc
Old 10-08-06, 06:19 PM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tcheung87
Liqr, are you using these, http://www.automotivelightingusa.com...8bc141d0bf6a7e for your foglamps? If so have you had problems because they draw 80W. Also what parking lights do you have?

-tc
Yes those are my fogs. So far I havent had a problem with them. Even though they do draw 80w the wires dont seem to overheat at all, and my fogs come on everytime I turn on my headlights. They are definately brighter than my Luminics JDM Yellow fogs, but not as yellow though.
Old 02-13-07, 03:31 PM
JDMND
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In My Dreams

this is everything i wish i could do, and that system is sick. everything is sick, i have a system in mine and i made my box, but i covered mine in maroon vinil to match my car, where did you get the matching carpet? i want to drop mine also, but im having a hard time finding a lowering suspension for my 99 rx300 AWD, HELP! and i have been thinking of getting those crome accents, but on my color i dont know if it will look as nice. you should also look into some nerf bars for under the doors. they would look great. GREAT JOB!!!!
Old 02-14-07, 09:58 AM
Francis
Pole Position

Cool, you rock. Love those angle eyes and everything. Can you show us the angle eyes from far away please?
Old 02-14-07, 10:13 AM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JDMND
this is everything i wish i could do, and that system is sick. everything is sick, i have a system in mine and i made my box, but i covered mine in maroon vinil to match my car, where did you get the matching carpet? i want to drop mine also, but im having a hard time finding a lowering suspension for my 99 rx300 AWD, HELP! and i have been thinking of getting those crome accents, but on my color i dont know if it will look as nice. you should also look into some nerf bars for under the doors. they would look great. GREAT JOB!!!!
Thanks man! I had my audio custom done at a shop. They ordered the carpet themelves, Im actually passing on the nerf bars because I am getting a kit put on in the near future

Originally Posted by Francis
Cool, you rock. Love those angle eyes and everything. Can you show us the angle eyes from far away please?
Thanks, I dont have any pics of them from far away. They are pretty bright and I drive with them and the fogs at night. You can clearly see them coming from maybe 100 feet or so away, but further than that they look just like bright white headlights.
Old 02-14-07, 10:42 AM
bob2200
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice looking mods! I'm wondering:
(1) What was involved in installing the chrome on the door handles?
(2) Are you still using the original audio system (i.e., amp and volume control)? If so, how did they tap in to the system?
(3) What was involved in the front grill modifications? Was it a removal of the chrome pieces and a re-spray?
Old 02-14-07, 10:53 AM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bob2200
Nice looking mods! I'm wondering:
(1) What was involved in installing the chrome on the door handles?
(2) Are you still using the original audio system (i.e., amp and volume control)? If so, how did they tap in to the system?
(3) What was involved in the front grill modifications? Was it a removal of the chrome pieces and a re-spray?
Thanks
(1) I ordered the ABS chrome covers on ebay. they basically just stick with 3m double sided tape that cmes with it. Took 5 minutes to install.
(2) Original audio system isnt hooked up. I use my aftermarket system. The stock system is in working order but the speakers arent connected to it.
(3)The front grill is actually stock. They arent even chrome. I actually bought the chrome inserts off ebay and they didnt work out to great. I definately wouldnt recommend those chrome grill inserts. But if you do a search on ebay they have some nice chrmoe grills going for about $150. I might actually be looking into that
Old 02-14-07, 11:46 AM
willard
Driver School Candidate

The tail/stop lights could look a bit nicer if you removed the red internal lens, repainted the black portions burnished gold and then used RED LED lamps from autolumination.com.

On mine I disabled the tail lights in the door, stop lights still work, so there is a much more pronounced lighting appearance when the brakes are applied.

The lamp diagnostic/failure module and the turn signal flasher can both be easily modified with higher value dropping resistors to accomodate, work with, the lower 0.180 amp current flow of the LEDs.

Quick Reply: Phase 1 of My RX Transformation... BIG PICS