RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

112 mph fuel cut off

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-06, 12:10 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 164 Likes on 140 Posts
Default 112 mph fuel cut off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnb_ilGDAU8

Coming off a turn and going into a dive on that toll highway I mentioned earlier. I continued to press down upon reaching 112 mph and notice the hesitation of the motor at that point and then the deceleration.

Again, don't try this in the U.S., especially while trying to juggle the camera at the same time.
Old 10-29-06, 01:32 AM
zombie
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

just wondering but is there anyway to stop that fuel cut off?
Old 10-29-06, 05:27 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by zombie
just wondering but is there anyway to stop that fuel cut off?
Yes, but I don't think I will be trying it anytime soon. Even though I have the space, I don't have the tires for the moment. The fastest vehicles at our drag strip hit roughly 120 mph. I would literally have to put warp drive on my RX300 to get the use out of it.

TTE made a device one for our RX300s a few years ago known as a VMAX kit. I believe it is not available separately anymore and only if you purchase the TTE Compressor for the RX300.

HKS makes one that is similar, http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=781 (type 2 Speed Limit Defencer)

Finally Greddy has the Speed Cut Controller, http://www.greddy.com/products/displ...SubCategory=52
Old 10-29-06, 06:32 AM
salimshah
Forum Moderator

Received 1,110 Likes on 997 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexmex
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnb_ilGDAU8

Coming off a turn and going into a dive on that toll highway I mentioned earlier. I continued to press down upon reaching 112 mph and notice the hesitation of the motor at that point and then the deceleration.

Again, don't try this in the U.S., especially while trying to juggle the camera at the same time.
The good thing about being on the track is that you don't endanger other ppl on the road, but as a well wisher, I hope no harm befalls you (primary) or to your vehicle (secondary). If the itch for speed and record has been accomplished, back off. Dealing with authorities on being caught either in US or Mexico is a tertiary issue.

Stay safe guys.

Salim
[sounding like a grand dad ]
Old 10-29-06, 06:45 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by salimshah
The good thing about being on the track is that you don't endanger other ppl on the road, but as a well wisher, I hope no harm befalls you (primary) or to your vehicle (secondary). If the itch for speed and record has been accomplished, back off. Dealing with authorities on being caught either in US or Mexico is a tertiary issue.

Stay safe guys.

Salim
[sounding like a grand dad ]
It is a good point and it reminds me of something I mentioned earlier when going up to that speed. Unless you have some special speed rated tires, our tires are speed rate to 112 mph.

Once you do it, you don't need to do it again.
Old 10-30-06, 05:56 AM
AudioMan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hit 110 last week and my vehicle was still pulling very hard on a remote backroad with no traffic. Oh, I was driving the M3 at the time. Our RX is a dog anything over 90 MPH, congrats on the 112. Stay safe.
Old 10-30-06, 05:59 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by AudioMan
I hit 110 last week and my vehicle was still pulling very hard on a remote backroad with no traffic. Oh, I was driving the M3 at the time. Our RX is a dog anything over 90 MPH, congrats on the 112. Stay safe.
M3s are great cars. When I first brought my RX down here, getting it up to 112 was exactly as you stated like a dog...no...make that more like a cow.
Old 10-30-06, 06:15 AM
AudioMan
Rookie

I saw a nice silver M3 in one of your pictures while you were getting your exhaust worked on. See if he will take you for a ride, it is just a different world above 60 than the RX. The car just loves to rev and it just keeps on pulling.

Old 10-30-06, 07:14 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

I saw a nice silver M3 in one of your pictures while you were getting your exhaust worked on. See if he will take you for a ride, it is just a different world above 60 than the RX. The car just loves to rev and it just keeps on pulling.

Ah yes, the one in this photo. It is nice. They are doing some exhaust and air intake work on it. My father and I were looking at it the previous week. Apparently, the owner was so delighted at the work from the previous week he dropped it off again this week to do more work. I mentioned to my friend at Hangar 1, www.hangar1.com.mx to have him stop by the track to race it.
Attached Thumbnails 112 mph fuel cut off-hangar1a.jpg  

Last edited by Lexmex; 02-16-07 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-30-06, 04:12 PM
anulex
Pole Position

its funny how people pick up on items in a pick that they can associate with. I would have noticed that M3. i actually thought of buying one. but i am afraid of the reliablity.
Old 10-30-06, 05:41 PM
AudioMan
Rookie

Yes, it can be a lot of work to maintain, but if you are a DIY type of guy, then it is very rewarding and actually not that expensive.

Oh, and a hell of a lot of fun on backroads.
Old 10-31-06, 04:17 AM
anulex
Pole Position

Yes, it can be a lot of work to maintain, but if you are a DIY type of guy, then it is very rewarding and actually not that expensive.

Oh, and a hell of a lot of fun on backroads.
I picked up a motorcyle then i was begining to behave like an idiot in traffic. then everyone kept telling me to be carefull. I have never fallen but i have almost tons of times. so i got rid of it and picked up a highly tuneable Integra GSR
Old 10-31-06, 05:36 AM
AudioMan
Rookie

Originally Posted by anulex
I picked up a motorcyle then i was begining to behave like an idiot in traffic. then everyone kept telling me to be carefull. I have never fallen but i have almost tons of times. so i got rid of it and picked up a highly tuneable Integra GSR
Another very nice performer. One of the best handling FWD cars around (with some mods).

Slap a turbo and some coilovers on that bad boy.
Old 10-31-06, 07:07 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

But you know if bikes are your thing, a Hayabusa turbo would not be too bad of an idea.
Old 10-31-06, 07:46 AM
miniround
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hahahahahahahaha

This topic has gone from talking about a fuel cutoff when you reach 112 to a Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo.

I guess they're related

Quick Reply: 112 mph fuel cut off