RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

help! don't know what to do. wheels or air suspension??

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-07, 11:14 PM
sgv_bum
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default help! don't know what to do. wheels or air suspension??

hey guys i been sitting on this for past couple months ... what should i do first my 22" mesh wheels or my air suspension? cause these are gonna cost me the same price... the price of the wheels are around 2200 with tires and 2500 for air suspension plus install.... i need your guys opinion...
Old 04-26-07, 01:57 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally would do the air suspension. It seems air suspension prices are always about the same year after year. Rim prices; however, change often as new styles come out. Maybe later you might find a nother rim style you want or even get the one you want now at a better price.
Old 04-30-07, 03:23 PM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice, but I'd go with the rims. I've had my mind on gettin bags but I know so many people that have had multiple problems with them. In fact just about everybody I know with bags has had problems. If I had to I'd go with the AirRunners. They are probably the most reliable and made from OEM Lexus/Bridgestone bags. But unless you have a really good hook-up, you'll be paying $4000 for them. Not including labor, plus you're going to want to get a good air management system and an extra/bigger tank. IMHO shelling out $5000+ is not worth it to lower your car an inch to 1.5 inches more than the Tein S-techs.
Old 04-30-07, 11:11 PM
sgv_bum
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LiqrSicc
Nice, but I'd go with the rims. I've had my mind on gettin bags but I know so many people that have had multiple problems with them. In fact just about everybody I know with bags has had problems. If I had to I'd go with the AirRunners. They are probably the most reliable and made from OEM Lexus/Bridgestone bags. But unless you have a really good hook-up, you'll be paying $4000 for them. Not including labor, plus you're going to want to get a good air management system and an extra/bigger tank. IMHO shelling out $5000+ is not worth it to lower your car an inch to 1.5 inches more than the Tein S-techs.
thanks for the info liqrsicc .. haven't seen you around the forums for awhile.... i think i will be going with Universal Air Suspension .. haven't heard bad things about that company... yea if i do Air Suspension my kit will be touching the ground..thats something i want .. if i do go with Universal Air Suspension I'm getting hella good price on it. AIR RUNNER COST way to much .... so anything new with your car?
Old 05-01-07, 11:26 AM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Nothing new lately but a cracked windshield I'll tell you this though... I'm not going into full detail but I'm workin on a sponsorship with an aftermarket Japanese company specializing in VIP kits on high-end luxury vehicles. I dont wanna say anything else because we're still trying to figure out to what extent my sponsorship will be. I'tll be a suprise though in a couple months Let me know how that air system goes! If it goes right, I might need a hook up!
Old 05-02-07, 11:48 AM
sgv_bum
Lexus Test Driver

good luck with the sponsorship ... hope it turn out good...i'm trying to get the air by end of this month .. stuff just keep pushing it back for me all the time.
Old 05-02-07, 07:17 PM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

I feel ya man. I was supposed to have my RX in the shop by the end of Feb to have a custom kit done. Well all that money for that went toward new tires and a bunch of maintenance stuff. Havent even fixed my cracked windshield. Bills just keep coming at me outta nowhere. Lol. Hopefully the modding will start again sometime this summer