RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Lexus RX300 LED Tails *installed*

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-07, 06:51 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Side by side

here are two pictures of side by side, with half half, and then all new.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus RX300 LED Tails *installed*-sidebyside.jpg  
Old 08-29-07, 06:55 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Default Fit and finish

The fit and finish was pretty good. I didn't have any plastic flash issues and quality of lense was nice. Very hard plastic and joints were good. The outer housing is more a "shiny" plasticy plastic, than the original "soft" dull plastic. I personally prefer the original dull look, but you can't see the black parts of the tail light with the gate down anyway, so doesn't really matter. Everything lined up perfectly. The only "issue" I had was that inner taillight, outer retaining nut had to be "penetrated" because the new stem was longer than the original. So, with the old one, the nut was more a cap, now it has the stem sticking through it.

I enjoy it very much, let's see how long they last and their durability.

EXCELLENT SO FAR !!!!

Attached Thumbnails Lexus RX300 LED Tails *installed*-close_up.jpg  
Old 08-29-07, 08:14 PM
pinoyballa
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good! you really got me looking to gettin them now!
Old 08-29-07, 08:21 PM
pinoyballa
Rookie

im kinda confused....are all the original bulbs being used on newer tailight? do you have do mess with the connections (solder,etc)?
The following users liked this post:
Is200tieu (06-06-20)
Old 08-29-07, 10:09 PM
zombie
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

they come with amber bulbs for turn signals and its all plug and play.
Old 08-30-07, 04:45 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Default Plug and Go... zoom zoom zoom

Originally Posted by pinoyballa
im kinda confused....are all the original bulbs being used on newer tailight? do you have do mess with the connections (solder,etc)?
Actually, only the reverse bulb is used the other original bulbs are not used. The brake light portion is the LED, so it connects right to the interface. The turn signal bulbs are 7440 white, so you need 7440 amber (included) because the lense is clear and you'd end up having white blinkers if you used the original.

No soldering at all. It really is like removing your old housing and just replacing the "bulbs." Once you're done, just reinstall and you're set. I mean for $230 (incl. shipping) it's golden... makes a '99 and '00 look newer for sure. I personally did not like the later model lights with the red on clear, but I love these.

There are other LED varieties, not just the red lense that I like. They have completely clear lenses with red LED, so the whole taillight looks white, but when brakes pressed, the red LED kick in.

Lata.
Old 08-30-07, 08:16 AM
pinoyballa
Rookie

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Actually, only the reverse bulb is used the other original bulbs are not used. The brake light portion is the LED, so it connects right to the interface. The turn signal bulbs are 7440 white, so you need 7440 amber (included) because the lense is clear and you'd end up having white blinkers if you used the original.

No soldering at all. It really is like removing your old housing and just replacing the "bulbs." Once you're done, just reinstall and you're set. I mean for $230 (incl. shipping) it's golden... makes a '99 and '00 look newer for sure. I personally did not like the later model lights with the red on clear, but I love these.

There are other LED varieties, not just the red lense that I like. They have completely clear lenses with red LED, so the whole taillight looks white, but when brakes pressed, the red LED kick in.

Lata.
cool..thanks for clearing that up!
Old 08-30-07, 08:51 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
The person I bought from has the eBay handle: zomkspeed

Prices seem reasonable and shipping is about average. Seller is very slow at responding to your emails, takes at least 1-2 days to respond. And although the seller is only about an hour from me, it took almost 2 weeks for me to receive the item.

But, overall, pricing & quality is great if you can deal with those conditions.

Tony
well it's been at least a week and still no email back from zomkspeed... can someone recommend another reliable ebay seller please?

AlexusAnja: who did you buy from?

Last edited by Benjamin T; 08-30-07 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-30-07, 09:25 AM
pinoyballa
Rookie

im pretty sure AlexusAja got it from the same seller.
Old 08-30-07, 07:02 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Default LED lights

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
well it's been at least a week and still no email back from zomkspeed... can someone recommend another reliable ebay seller please?

AlexusAnja: who did you buy from?
Actually, I got mine from sprinter91801. She's got more listed and they should be $199 with $29 shipping. There are more expensive sellers out there, but mine was great for me.

She doesn't respond to e-mail too fast, if you have questions, but if you know what you want, she shipped for me in two days and since it came from CA to NJ, it took 5 days ground time, so total 7 days from pay-to-door.

Good luck.
Old 08-30-07, 07:31 PM
zombie
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

zomkspeed is the type of seller that doesnt answer emails but ships the product on time. when i buy something on ebay i just look at how many positive selling feedbacks they have and then read all the negatives(if any). i only got scammed once ,but i got paypal to give me my money back.
Old 08-30-07, 09:12 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Default Smart buying

Originally Posted by zombie
zomkspeed is the type of seller that doesnt answer emails but ships the product on time. when i buy something on ebay i just look at how many positive selling feedbacks they have and then read all the negatives(if any). i only got scammed once ,but i got paypal to give me my money back.

Exactly, gotta shop smart. I don't buy from anyone lower than 97% positive. Also, someone 100% with only 50 sells I think is risker than someone 97% with 2000 sells. Just the odds... Most of these big sellers have online stores, so they're not going to be able to answer back immediately (unfortunately, if at all), so it's really up to your "instincts" and using sites like these to get user reviews.

Zombie got a good seller it seems, and so did I.
Old 08-31-07, 10:27 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

i've been scammed once too many times before, and i have no faith in paypal. had i not used my credit card chargeback option, payal would have left me high and dry.

i'm going to order from sprinter91801. if zomkpeed dosen't bother with emails, i guess i would be getting the same response should something go wrong with my order.
Old 08-31-07, 10:55 AM
pinoyballa
Rookie

just a quick question..i wanna know your guys opinions...what color would you think will look best on the twilight blue pearl. the red/clear or red/smoke? im thinkin red/smoked.

Last edited by pinoyballa; 08-31-07 at 11:11 AM.
Old 08-31-07, 11:00 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pinoyballa
just a quick question..i wanna know your guys opinions...what color would you think will look best on the twilight blue pearl. the red/smoke or red/smoke? im thinkin red/smoked.

hm... of the choices you listed above above? red/smoke

Quick Reply: Lexus RX300 LED Tails *installed*