RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Upgrades....

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-07, 08:43 AM
Rx300Mat
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrades....

I am interested in upgrading some interior and exterior on my 00' Rx AWD anybody have any ideas?! Please post! I already have Aftermarket Wheels,Tires,HID Bulbs,Tinted Windows,Amp and Sub.
Old 09-19-07, 08:53 AM
miniround
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

interior LED's. advance auto parts has the following:

8pack led's for under the dash and glove. run the wire up to the fuse box to the tails so that they go on with the auto head lights

15" LED tube. the one that comes with the remote (10 settings! the second setting makes the lights bounce to sound. its insane!)

and also...disable your running lights haha!
Old 09-19-07, 09:20 AM
TunedRX300
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Two tone perforated leather seats. I have a 00 as well and the driver side seat has a crack due to exposure to the lovely ultra violet radiation from the sun.
Old 09-19-07, 12:51 PM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by miniround
and also...disable your running lights haha!
how do you disable the DRL? I took out the high beam fuses, but if there is a way of disabling the DRL and still have high beam available i would rather do that.
Old 09-19-07, 01:09 PM
zombie
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bloo1987
how do you disable the DRL? I took out the high beam fuses, but if there is a way of disabling the DRL and still have high beam available i would rather do that.
theres a plug under the batter tray. just disconnect it and then tape up both the male and female plug, so it doesn't get dirty.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...running+lights

Last edited by zombie; 09-19-07 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-19-07, 03:38 PM
miniround
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

yea what they said. there's a plug (as seen in the thread posted above) that isnt really as visible as the pic shows it, but it's underneath the battery you just have to pull really hard and disconnect the m from the f. then you can be cool and put the lights to that first setting and only those little tiny lights go on. it's pretty ballin just to look at other rx's and laugh "haha you have running lights!".
Old 09-19-07, 10:58 PM
zombie
Lead Lap

t's pretty ballin just to look at other rx's and laugh "haha you have running lights!".
hahaha! i actually do that when i see other rx's, but then i think to myself, "that grandma doesn't even care that i have a drL disabled."
Old 10-12-07, 05:50 PM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

yea what they said. there's a plug (as seen in the thread posted above) that isnt really as visible as the pic shows it, but it's underneath the battery you just have to pull really hard and disconnect the m from the f. then you can be cool and put the lights to that first setting and only those little tiny lights go on. it's pretty ballin just to look at other rx's and laugh "haha you have running lights!".
sorry this is a late response. forgot i posted on here. haha just remembered. would the high beams still work if i do this?
Old 10-12-07, 07:05 PM
YoshRX300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Interior green to white LEDs Conversion

I'm bored of my green interior lights, spice things up. I'm currently working on my passenger windows switches.

Follow this link for info: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...383#post714383

Here is a link to what the radio will look like: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...0&pagenumber=1
Here is one LED changed to blue as a test I did today. That's the DOOR LOCK/UNLOCK SWITCH. You can see how low the original green is. I will do all my door switches. Then attack the center console.
Attached Thumbnails Upgrades....-10-12-07_1955.jpg  

Last edited by YoshRX300; 10-12-07 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-21-07, 02:15 PM
flash14
Rookie

What about a factory navigation system, I installed a kit I got off of Ebay, took about 3 hours to install and came with pictures of previous installs and instructions, basically a plug and play install.....
Attached Thumbnails Upgrades....-10d-destination-screen.jpg  
Old 10-21-07, 06:22 PM
zombie
Lead Lap

how much was this kit and how well does it work?
Old 10-21-07, 11:22 PM
YoshRX300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flash14
What about a factory navigation system, I installed a kit I got off of Ebay, took about 3 hours to install and came with pictures of previous installs and instructions, basically a plug and play install.....
Looks great!!! I see that all the cables were labeled for easy connection. I personally do not like the portable GPS that goes on your windshields, how accurate is this Kit?
More pictures of his GPS Kit.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hlight=picture
Old 10-23-07, 03:40 PM
flash14
Rookie

Default Nav Kit

It is the exact stuff that Lexus originally put in, hooks up to the existing wire harness and only required a couple of wire taps, and each step has a photo and a typed out instruction sheet, I have a newer computer than the ones that came with the 2001 RX300, mine is a generation 4. Navigation system is great, voice turn by turn, the display is touchscreen and is interactive with the radio, cd player, sound adjustments, fuel economy/computer, maintenance scheduling and reminders.... it is really a sweet system. I paid a little more for the newer computer, but the system has been on ebay, not sure what the current price is.....
Old 10-23-07, 08:31 PM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flash14
so i want to make sure that before you had the navi installed it was just the regular blue info screen? how much did the whole navi kit cost? and was mods needed to be made? thanks. i have been thinking about doing this for awhile.
Old 10-24-07, 03:31 AM
flash14
Rookie

It had the original blue LCD screen..... this is what was in the kit, entire headunit with radio, touchscreen and ac controls, a computer for the navigation system, a custom wire harness to plug into the original wire harness, I can send you some of the pictures I received for the install process, PM me an email address if you would like the photos.... I know the computers sell for around 800 on ebay, the headunit is about 500, plus an antenna, the custom wire harness...... I think the last kit was listed at 1500.00.... Look up RX300 navigation on ebay and select completed auctions to see what they have sold for.....

Quick Reply: Upgrades....