RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

OEM Nav Installation w/ Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-08, 04:28 PM
windrift
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice pic, what you did with previous dvd. I like to purchase it if not expensive. Let me know?
Old 01-06-08, 05:38 PM
YoshRX300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by windrift
Very nice pic, what you did with previous dvd. I like to purchase it if not expensive. Let me know?
I will be sending the previous DVD back to lexusaudio, since I don't need it anymore. Msg him he can probably sell it to you.
Old 01-11-08, 09:37 PM
YoshRX300
Lead Lap

Whitels, glad you found this thread helpful.
I believe these are the correct part numbers for the computer.
Gen2 part#86841-50010
Gen3 part#86841-33060
Gen4 part#86841-50090 - I know this is correct, after confirming w/ mine. Gen4 built on March 2005.
Old 01-15-08, 04:56 PM
boykster
Driver School Candidate

Hmmm....now that my '00 RX300 is soon to be back from the dead(transmission), this is pretty tempting. I agree with the OP, the one thing I would change is that blue info screen.

I love the nav on my '06 IS250....

too bad this doesn't add bluetooth as well....
Old 01-31-08, 06:36 PM
flash14
Rookie

No tire monitors....... bummer!!!!
Old 02-03-08, 04:45 AM
flash14
Rookie

As YoshRX300 has said, there are alot of things that the navigation system will do, I really like the info and maintenance screen, for instance, oil changes, a reminder will come up when it is due on the screen, there are all kinds of maintenance items that can be programmed. Another nice feature is the touchscreen, audio settings are displayed and adjustable from the screen...
Old 02-06-08, 03:04 PM
YoshRX300
Lead Lap

You will love the GEN4 drive. It looks so much better as well, you can see the pictures I've posted here.
Old 02-06-08, 03:47 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by YoshRX300
You will love the GEN4 drive. It looks so much better as well, you can see the pictures I've posted here.
Wow, great job with the installation
Old 03-15-08, 01:44 AM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

that looks pretty good! good job
Old 03-17-08, 10:37 PM
micnn
Driver School Candidate

I have read the whole thread three times since this morning and I still can't believe what I am reading... so it's possible to upgrade nav ecu by simply switching the dvd unit in the trunk?

Thanks so much for posting this! My car is 2003 gs430 with gen 3. Now I long for the goodies in gen 4. I understand I won't be getting BT or voice command, this is still a totally worthawhile mod.
Old 03-18-08, 03:19 AM
YoshRX300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by micnn
I have read the whole thread three times since this morning and I still can't believe what I am reading... so it's possible to upgrade nav ecu by simply switching the dvd unit in the trunk?

Thanks so much for posting this! My car is 2003 gs430 with gen 3. Now I long for the goodies in gen 4. I understand I won't be getting BT or voice command, this is still a totally worthawhile mod.
O its totally worth the upgrade if you ask me. Big improvements in the GEN4. Also an easy MOD.
Old 03-18-08, 02:36 PM
micnn
Driver School Candidate

yeah, seeing where your coming from, from nothing to gen3 to gen4, it's like mars exploration. No one has ever done it before. It turns out to be an easy mod, but it actually takes more than that, it takes courage and $$ too. I highly recommend this thread to be put on sticky. Let everyone report their success with respect to their car model, nav gen, and so on. Right now this thread is so buried deep under RX300 forum. Like other have suggested, it should be on TOP of CL sticky.

Who knows, one day we might be able to figure out BT and voice command mods that are easy to install. But we just need to get the ball rolling.
Old 03-18-08, 10:19 PM
jtstitzer
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I actually just bought one and awaiting delivery! I believe that one of his upgrades is blue tooth. He would probably chime in but he's too busy working on my unit.

BTW I am a 31 year old mom that will attempt to do the install myself. I'll report back and let you all know if it is as simple as I think it is.
Old 04-02-08, 08:24 PM
jtstitzer
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Factory nav install issues....

So I finally got the factory nav and the install is still in process. Everything is actually already hooked up but I have run into a few issues. I have put an email into Lexusaudio, but maybe you guys have some input while I wait for his response.

Two quick connectors were missing (not sure if they fell off in transport) so I tried to find them at Radio Shack, but was not an exact match to the male disconnect. I made them fit.

1. The navigation thinks I am in MA. I am in CO and I set the map to US3 for the CO region and it still thinks I am in MA. What do you think is the issue?

2. The trip screen does not show any info (MPG, outside temp, etc). Do you think this has to do with the incorrect wire connectors for the speed sensor?

4. A/C and heat buttons are not lighting up. The buttons do work when I power on the air, but the lights does not come on. Also, I can not figure out how to get the A/C and heat functions on the screen to control the temperature.

Thanks for any help.
Old 04-02-08, 10:03 PM
YoshRX300
Lead Lap

Hi Jtstitzer,

I'll try to answer your questions while you wait for Lexusaudio's response.

When you say 2quick connectors are missing... What are the wires color? Are those 2 wires labeled? "Navigation Park Brake"? If its labeled that, you do not need to do anything with them, leave them alone.

-Make sure you have your speed sensor wire tapped in. It is plug E-6 wire 22, the violet/white one. **SEEN IN POST 8**

1. Make sure your antenna is properly connected to the computer drive. You should be able to see a "GPS" box on the top left side of the screen under the RED/WHITE ARROWS. That will mean that you are receiving a signal. Once you drive for a bit it will automatically pick up your location.
2. Like i said make sure you have properly connected the speed sensor wire and also make sure your diagnostic wire is hooked up. The diagnostic wire is under the steering wheel by your knees. Refer to my post 10, it will be connector wire PINK with BLACK stripes Wire #13.
3. Just trying to clarify your question... Everything lights up, but the A/C buttons? Are you referring to the "AUTO ****:OFF:FRONT:MIRROR, REAR DEFROST...etc"? I would make sure that all the connectors behind the unit are secured on well. To turn the A/C on you would hit the A/C button. When you do so, you will see it being displayed on the screen. To turn the fan on, on the mode **** turn it to your desired fan speed. This will get your fan running. To change the temp, you will then turn the AUTO **** to your desired temp.
Hope this helps. Gus should chime on this shortly, he should provide more help.
-Yosh

Quick Reply: OEM Nav Installation w/ Pics