RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

whole headlight removal plus front bumper removal help? ANGELEYES INSTALL....

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-08, 04:27 PM
archangels
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whole headlight removal plus front bumper removal help? ANGELEYES INSTALL....

I bought an angel eye's whole assmbly headlamp with angel eyes like the bmw's on ebay, it requires to remove front bumper to remove whole headlight assembly does anyone know how many screws to take whole head light assembly and how many bolts to take off front bumper assembly? sizes of bolts tools needed thanks and god bless thanks for your help
Old 04-05-08, 09:16 PM
archangels
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by archangels
I bought an angel eye's whole assmbly headlamp with angel eyes like the bmw's on ebay, it requires to remove front bumper to remove whole headlight assembly does anyone know how many screws to take whole head light assembly and how many bolts to take off front bumper assembly? sizes of bolts tools needed thanks and god bless thanks for your help
COMPLETED angel eys will show pics soon, very nice!
Old 10-09-08, 08:31 PM
dejafa
Driver School Candidate

Hi, do you have pics? also can you give me directions on how you removed the front headlights? Did you really have to take off the front bumper? If so how, what size screws and how many?

My headlights are very dirty and I'm looking to replace my headlights as well. I'd like to see your angel eyes. THANKS!
Old 10-09-08, 08:58 PM
cduluk
Pole Position

You do NOT need to remove the front bumper to get the headlights out.

You need to remove the black liner in the wheel well enough to access the rear of the headlights.

There is a screw at the top of the headlight as you open the hood, one holding it to that little grill that goes between the bumper and the hood, and two bolts you need to remove on the side of the headlight you can access by removing the liner.
Old 10-30-08, 02:12 AM
dejafa
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the reply, so there's only 3 screws to remove? and the headlights should come off?
Old 06-05-09, 09:50 AM
chenxingha
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I am having trouble to remove the driver-side headlight assembly in order to replace the small light bulb (the one on the top corner). Are there pictures illustrating the removing process?

I removed midddle grid (removed 7 screws) and one 10mm bolt on top of the assembly. I don't see any other screws/bolts. The post says there are two screws on the side that can only be accessed by removing the liner in the wheel well. I am not sure how to remove the liner. Pictures can be great help.

Mine is a 2000 RX300.

Thanks,
Old 06-05-09, 12:18 PM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by cduluk
You do NOT need to remove the front bumper to get the headlights out.

You need to remove the black liner in the wheel well enough to access the rear of the headlights.

There is a screw at the top of the headlight as you open the hood, one holding it to that little grill that goes between the bumper and the hood, and two bolts you need to remove on the side of the headlight you can access by removing the liner.
Dude,your back!!
Old 06-05-09, 08:05 PM
blueridge
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexus114
Dude,your back!!
Yeah, back on 10-09-08 at 11:58 PM to be exact....
Old 06-06-09, 08:02 AM
zombie
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i removed my headlight when i removed to yellow fog that started to build up. cduluk is right when you dont have to remove the bumper. since i did it awhile ago i remember you have to remove the little grill in the middle (pop it off after all screws are removed), remove all other screws holding the actual headlight to the car. when your sure all the screws are removed then carefully yank that sucker off. i wish i remembered the actually screw location and what not. hope this helps!
Old 06-06-09, 08:05 AM
zombie
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

on a side note: angel eyes? really? i know its no ones concern but in my opinion bmws suck and their drivers are ******.
Old 06-06-09, 10:23 AM
sgv_bum
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zombie
i removed my headlight when i removed to yellow fog that started to build up. cduluk is right when you dont have to remove the bumper. since i did it awhile ago i remember you have to remove the little grill in the middle (pop it off after all screws are removed), remove all other screws holding the actual headlight to the car. when your sure all the screws are removed then carefully yank that sucker off. i wish i remembered the actually screw location and what not. hope this helps!
if i remember go inside from the fender right by the little parking light bulb .. there should be a screw right there and i think another one where the fog light bulb is at
Old 06-07-09, 12:38 PM
chenxingha
Pit Crew

Thanks for the replies. I can only count for 2 screws (including the one to the middle grid) holding the headlight assembly. How to access the other screws that you all have mentioned? From the wheel well by removing the liner?

I can barely see anything of the back of the assembly from the top.

I guess I am not doing right: searching for "headlight removal" on this thread did not lead me to where the said pictures were posted on 10-09-08. Can anyone help with a link?
Old 06-08-09, 09:51 AM
chenxingha
Pit Crew

I found the link in the top DIY post in this thread.

Thanks,