RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

anyone heard or tried auto rx product?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-08, 02:18 AM
archangels
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone heard or tried auto rx product?

same as title:
http://www.auto-rx.com/
Old 07-02-08, 06:35 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

There's been a number of threads on this fine product over the years. A search for it in the forum will yield you a lot of results.

My uncle used it in Mexico very successfully on vehicles with seal issues, where basically the owners didn't have the money to shell out to fix certain seal issues. We have had a number of other owners in this forum also use it for a variety of reasons.

However, the question I'd be asking here is do you think you need to use this product, and if so, what for?
Old 07-02-08, 10:21 AM
archangels
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lexmex
There's been a number of threads on this fine product over the years. A search for it in the forum will yield you a lot of results.

My uncle used it in Mexico very successfully on vehicles with seal issues, where basically the owners didn't have the money to shell out to fix certain seal issues. We have had a number of other owners in this forum also use it for a variety of reasons.

However, the question I'd be asking here is do you think you need to use this product, and if so, what for?
i was on a mustang site and some guy mentioned this product instead of duralube alternative but this product seems to have different characteristics... then duralube...
Old 07-02-08, 11:33 AM
rx300s415
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct me if I'm wrong anywhere but what I've gathered about AutoRX (I'm actually on the 'rinsing phase' right now) is that the first time you pour it in, which is considered the 'cleaning phase,' the stuff binds/bonds to the sludge/carbon/debris in your engine. As you drive during this cleaning phase some/most of the stuff AutoRX binded too will blend in with the motor oil...and then get filtered out by the oil filter. When you are in the rinsing phase, the goal here I assume is to have all the AutoRX that binded to the gunk be "rinsed out" by having it fall back into the oil flow then getting filtered out by the oil filter again. This sounds like a bunch of other stuff on the market and shelves at automotive stores, but I've read a lot of stuff on this and it seems like the guy who made the stuff is a chemist who knows and loves his work. I think the big difference with this product is that it is more gentle-working than other products that "clean your engine insides."

I haven't noticed anything on any of the phases. But just to get an unbiased opinion I got my father to drive the car during the end of the clean phase and he said it was smoother, and when he drove it during the rinse phase he said the car is much smoother. Not much help, but he said there is a notable difference.

A little history on the car:
1) It's been running dino/mineral oil up until 8x,xxx miles which is where I switched it over to full synthetic oil from then on.
2) All maintenance items are usually serviced right on time or before they are due.
3) I use Mobil1 5w-30 Full Synthetic everytime I change my oil.
4) Have tried out various oil filters but now I'm just using K&N oil filters.
Old 07-02-08, 12:08 PM
archangels
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rx300s415
Correct me if I'm wrong anywhere but what I've gathered about AutoRX (I'm actually on the 'rinsing phase' right now) is that the first time you pour it in, which is considered the 'cleaning phase,' the stuff binds/bonds to the sludge/carbon/debris in your engine. As you drive during this cleaning phase some/most of the stuff AutoRX binded too will blend in with the motor oil...and then get filtered out by the oil filter. When you are in the rinsing phase, the goal here I assume is to have all the AutoRX that binded to the gunk be "rinsed out" by having it fall back into the oil flow then getting filtered out by the oil filter again. This sounds like a bunch of other stuff on the market and shelves at automotive stores, but I've read a lot of stuff on this and it seems like the guy who made the stuff is a chemist who knows and loves his work. I think the big difference with this product is that it is more gentle-working than other products that "clean your engine insides."

I haven't noticed anything on any of the phases. But just to get an unbiased opinion I got my father to drive the car during the end of the clean phase and he said it was smoother, and when he drove it during the rinse phase he said the car is much smoother. Not much help, but he said there is a notable difference.

A little history on the car:
1) It's been running dino/mineral oil up until 8x,xxx miles which is where I switched it over to full synthetic oil from then on.
2) All maintenance items are usually serviced right on time or before they are due.
3) I use Mobil1 5w-30 Full Synthetic everytime I change my oil.
4) Have tried out various oil filters but now I'm just using K&N oil filters.
there are some folks in forum who say they don't use additives in motor and use synthetic, and some use additives, and then i heard somewhere else saying additives is the cause of engine problems down the future, but then some additives say prevent future problems so now i m confused again...
Old 07-02-08, 12:56 PM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Most mechanics/technicians will tell you not to use oil additives.Their is enough additives already in the oil.Unless it is for a true purpose such as the auto rx.Use good quality oil,do the changes @ 3,000 miles on dino,up to 5,000 miles on synthetic.And you should be fine.
Old 07-03-08, 10:24 AM
archangels
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexus114
Most mechanics/technicians will tell you not to use oil additives.Their is enough additives already in the oil.Unless it is for a true purpose such as the auto rx.Use good quality oil,do the changes @ 3,000 miles on dino,up to 5,000 miles on synthetic.And you should be fine.
so synthetic oils have there own creation of cleaning agents in there oil that cleans better and lubricates better then oem oil? thanks should i stop using duralube? i use mobil 1 synthetic... i want to go amsoil but as the convience as mobil 1 is sold closer... hopefully some of the local auto stores and etc will start carrying amsoil and royal purple oil they would see a boost of sales, as popular demand of majority oil is mobil1 , royale purple, and amsoil...
Old 07-03-08, 11:05 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by archangels
so synthetic oils have there own creation of cleaning agents in there oil that cleans better and lubricates better then oem oil? thanks should i stop using duralube? i use mobil 1 synthetic... i want to go amsoil but as the convience as mobil 1 is sold closer... hopefully some of the local auto stores and etc will start carrying amsoil and royal purple oil they would see a boost of sales, as popular demand of majority oil is mobil1 , royale purple, and amsoil...
There's a lot of people out there who continue to debate synthetic vs. conventional oil. With the RX300, I don't see any need for a debate on this subject.

If there's nothing wrong with the vehicle, then you don't need additives. I have used additives because I had this nagging tendency to run between two white lines stretched 1/4 mile apart as fast as I could...and well run as fast as I could virtually everywhere else...something I don't find myself doing much these days in Florida.

I'd take a look at Castrol 0W30, check out an Autozone or even a Pep Boys to see if they have it stocked.