RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Antenna goes up - when vehicle was off

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-08, 09:35 PM
BBLexus
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Antenna goes up - when vehicle was off

I was washing my RX300 this evening and as I made my way around to the right hand side I noticed the antenna was up. Then antenna retracted when I turned the vehicle off prior to washing and I know this for certain as I washed the right side first. After drying the vehicle and working toward the right rear I saw the antenna was up. The vehicle was parked for about 30 minutes before the antenna was up. I have never experience this before. Anyone have any ideas on why this may have happened?
Old 07-05-08, 08:06 AM
Pocket Tre
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BBLexus
I was washing my RX300 this evening and as I made my way around to the right hand side I noticed the antenna was up. Then antenna retracted when I turned the vehicle off prior to washing and I know this for certain as I washed the right side first. After drying the vehicle and working toward the right rear I saw the antenna was up. The vehicle was parked for about 30 minutes before the antenna was up. I have never experience this before. Anyone have any ideas on why this may have happened?
Maybe you should try that again.

See if it duplicates. This time ensure the radio is ON before you shut OFF the car. Then document all the happenings and report back.
Old 07-05-08, 09:21 AM
BBLexus
Driver

it must have been an anomaly. I tried several times to duplicate, with variations, but haven't been successful. Odd, one time occcurrence - the vehicle had been sitting for about 30 minutes and then the antenna went up. I should also add that after I started the car, the antenna would not go down. I figured at that point something must have broken. But after cycling the ingition and power button a few times, it retracted and it worked fine since.
Old 07-05-08, 10:34 AM
Pocket Tre
Rookie

That is why I asked you to try to duplicate the error. Sometimes electronics loose connection or have a little too much humidity and react in wierd ways. Although I have to say that I found it very odd that it will go up after shut off.

In any case I would expect it to not go down at power down and later on doing so. That would be a more logical flaw in the system.

I am glad you could not duplicate.
Old 07-08-08, 07:21 AM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by BBLexus
it must have been an anomaly. I tried several times to duplicate, with variations, but haven't been successful. Odd, one time occcurrence - the vehicle had been sitting for about 30 minutes and then the antenna went up. I should also add that after I started the car, the antenna would not go down. I figured at that point something must have broken. But after cycling the ingition and power button a few times, it retracted and it worked fine since.
She was just happy you were giving her a bath....
Old 07-08-08, 07:35 AM
salimshah
Forum Moderator

Received 1,106 Likes on 995 Posts

There is a 2button antenna eject combination to replace the antenna.

Salim
Old 07-08-08, 01:13 PM
BBLexus
Driver

Originally Posted by lexus114
She was just happy you were giving her a bath....
Probably so - I did the clay and Nxt wax - she shines beautifully - so it must have been anticipation!
Old 07-09-08, 01:08 PM
lastplace
Rookie

maybe she is really a he.
Old 07-09-08, 01:26 PM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

The possibilities are endless!!