RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Debadging?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-02, 07:47 PM
PlanetAudioRX
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 1999 RX, and I did not have the option of the SS. Therefor, I have the chrome emblems. I took off the "RX300" emblem. But kept on the "lexus" emblem. I will eventually take that one off.

INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO "DEBADGE"

1. Take dental floss and get a string of it about 2 feet long.

2.Wrap it around your hands put it where its inbetween the sticky foam and the actual emblem

3. start moving it back and forth to get the floss through the sticky foam.

4.After you get it all the way off, use like Meguiars or Armorall to get off the sticky foam padding off. Sounds confusing, it took me less than 5 minutes to get the emblems off.
Old 03-03-02, 07:56 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by LexRX
Good job with the pic spinteews, made it much easier on me. That silver looks great! One thing I've noticed about my burnished gold color, yours does the same, is how great it looks in direct sunlight. Also, I'm going to have to get those full chrome headlights.
Nick, Full chrome headlights??? Am I missing something here??
Old 03-03-02, 08:32 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Originally posted by mrsypher

Nick, Full chrome headlights??? Am I missing something here??
I'm referring to the '01+ headlights. The same at the '99-'00 but with the mirror reflector (or as I call it, chrome style) throughout the housing.

You're starting to sound like me with the mods. I haven't been in a big hurry, and I like it that way. If I can't decide, I'll just take longer.
Attached Images  
Old 03-03-02, 08:49 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

The newer style is much nicer.......
Old 03-03-02, 09:22 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

The newer style is much nicer.......
Yeah, but I make it look dahm good
Attached Thumbnails Debadging?-rx.jpg  
Old 03-03-02, 09:29 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Wink

Hey what is that on your rack??? A snowboard???
Old 03-03-02, 10:28 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

you the man Nick, nice mock up!!!

ya, those chrome headlamps are sweet and with the rx in direct sunlight (was a perfect day today) it makes the rx looks much more sweeter!!!

alrite, if i cant go for RMM, then i'm gonna go for Jaos all over again haha, i got 2 people... not that realiable who works at car shops... hope they can somehow hook me up LoL

u want to try dumping on silver jaos mud guards on my car and rear skid bar with the manik side tubes? hahha wonder how all that would look

but ya, excellent work with the front, it was sweet
Old 03-03-02, 10:29 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

good lord, i really want to remove that yellow shell in the headlamp now, with that mock up, it looks so good!!!
Old 03-04-02, 01:25 AM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

ay, i just thought of something!!!

I wonder is it possible to dip my silversport grill in chrome... how much would it cost?

nick would u be able to photoshop it to chrome, wonder how it woudl look
Old 03-04-02, 04:10 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

mrsypher, that's a the Toyota Bike rack I bought from the Lexus dealer. It was made for the RX and fits and works great I like to bike ride and I can just thrown the whole bike up top without having to take off the front wheel. Then all I need to do is find somewhere to ride! Usually I end up doing street riding on a mountian bike

spinteews, let me see about the grill. I knew you'd like the blinkers. Just one more mod to add to the list
Old 03-04-02, 06:51 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

spinteews, isn't the SS grill already chrome. Or at least it looks that way...maybe painted silver. I guess it would be silver. I'd leave it as it is, looks good. The RX kinda has a non-chrome theme.

-Nick
Old 03-04-02, 08:31 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by LexRX
I like to bike ride and I can just thrown the whole bike up top without having to take off the front wheel. Then all I need to do is find somewhere to ride! Usually I end up doing street riding on a mountian bike
Nick, What's wrong with this pic??? You can't find any mountains in Atlanta???
Old 03-04-02, 09:57 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Nick, What's wrong with this pic??? You can't find any mountains in Atlanta???
I'm funny like that. I love mountain bikes, but not using them offroad. I like to street ride. So, I end up working twice as hard biking on the road with a mountain bike :eek: Next bike I buy I'm going to seriously consider a speed bike, I just hate those flimsy tires. This kind of parallels with my RX. Offroad looks, street performer

I actually have gone offroading with my mountian bike, let me tell you, it's a lotta work! I'm too lazy for that mess. I don't find it as satisfying as speeding down the road.

There are a few trails around Atlanta, specifically for bicycles, that I have meant to check out. I'll put that off until summer.
Old 03-04-02, 03:34 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah, I have some nice trails up here.. I haven't been on them for about 2 yrs.. My next bike is going to proboly be a CBR929...
Old 03-04-02, 04:44 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Yeah, I have some nice trails up here.. I haven't been on them for about 2 yrs.. My next bike is going to proboly be a CBR929...
oooooh yeah, now you're talking bikes I'm still hooked on jetski's - I want to buy a Polaris or Yamaha, they are so much fun. However, RX mods will keep me from saving up for that I rented a Polaris last summer and went all over the lake a hundred times. Boy, I was a lobster after that day. 55+ mph, sometimes with 2 people; it's hard to hold on with my sister driving :eek:

Quick Reply: Debadging?