RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Debadging?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-02, 01:59 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had it picked out... It was a 01 demo... GS4 for 30grand.. But that MuthaF@CKER sold that **** this morning.... I called and was going to put a $8,000. deposit this morning and the guy told me that he just sold it.... I started screaming yelling, saying that I told him I'll be back for it in a couple of days.. He told me it was here and it wasn't going anywhere... @sshole..... I called him every name in the book then told him to F....Off and hung up on him... @sshole..... I am pissed..... PISSED!!!!!! Now I have to find another one.. Maybe I'll lease one... Who knows.. But I want one within 2 weeks.....

Oh and Nik, I am already looking for parts for the GS.. I started last night.. I will have the Intake, Exhaust, and maybe that upper lip spoiler from L-sportsline....
Old 03-15-02, 09:23 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Ouch, I hate to hear that. The salesman was looking out for himself, selfish! I think you told the salesman what everyone wants to when they get screwed. Good luck finding another one, maybe you'll find a sweeter deal

You're ready to have the souped up GS huh? That's okay, I don't mind more pics of a GS

-Nick
Old 03-15-02, 09:56 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

I don't think I will find a better deal than that one.. But when you sleep things happen... F@ck that C sucker....
Old 03-16-02, 01:53 AM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to hear that Mike... hope for the better! look around at a different dealer... mabbie you'll find something sweet

haha, which exhaust and intake you getting for your GS man??

Your going all out dude... no car yet but got the stuff ready hehe Like your approach =P
Old 03-16-02, 08:07 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Cool

Thanks, I'm not really sure yet so to what are good Exhausts for the GS yet, I have been reading and looking around. I saw these Borla's on Ebay I was thinking about going with those and if I don't like them, sell them. As for the Intake it is a toss up between our Weapon-R or SRT... But not sure yet....
Old 03-16-02, 10:38 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

mrsypher, have you looked into the L-Tuned exhaust? I've seen and heard them and they sound good without being too loud. Look good too.

-Nick
Old 03-16-02, 11:05 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Cool... , right now I'm looking to buy that upper lip spoiler... The only company that I can find that makes them are L-Sportline.. I'm going to look around for about an hour or two then I think I'm going to buy it today. Same goes with the Exhaust... For some reason I have this itch and I have to scratch, Scratch, SCRATCH. When they deliver the car to my house and before I take it out of my neighborhood and anyone has seen it I want it to be already on it's way to be Mod'd out.....
Old 03-16-02, 07:31 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

cool, Mike, if you go with the weapon r intake, talk to Leo.... hopefully he give you a hook up since you got one for the rx300 arleady?? they gotta hook u up...
Old 03-16-02, 08:08 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

I hope Leo would hook me up.... I had to do some extra ***** to my Intake to make it work... Someone over there messed up my order..... But Leo helped me and I got through it....
Old 10-05-02, 02:31 PM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Default A new DEBADGER!

Well, even though this thread deviated drastically from the topic in the later posts, I'm gonna revitalize it rather than create a new thread...

I just debadge the "Lexus" and "RX 300" on my RX last night... actually got the idea fromt the GS forum, and then did a search to find the topic here on the RX forum as well...

Man, it looks SOOOO killa, I'll never go back to badges... Went out for some eats last night after getting my project done, and just happened to pull in at the restaurant next to an '00 millenium silver RX that still had the badging - PERFECT timing for comparisions sake. I had my girl and one of her friends with me, and all three of us simultaneously said "WOW." (literally said it in unison believe it or not). My RX w/ the badges removed looked so killa clean next to the unmodded one...

I HIGHLY recommend this mod if you've not yet done it!
Old 10-06-02, 11:26 PM
disco_y2k
Pole Position

i would love to take the badges off, i just want to be sure thier is no holes behind the badges. can someone verify that all i have to do is remove the badges and wipe clean? thanks
Old 10-07-02, 01:25 AM
Shonuff
Pole Position

the badges just go on with adhesive tape..............there is no holes behind them. except for the "L". there is holes behind that one.

Last edited by Shonuff; 10-07-02 at 01:43 AM.
Old 10-07-02, 02:44 AM
disco_y2k
Pole Position

kool, thanks Shonuff!
Old 10-07-02, 11:15 AM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Shonuff
the badges just go on with adhesive tape..............there is no holes behind them. except for the "L". there is holes behind that one.
Yup, that's right - just strip 'em off with floss an scrub that adhesive off... The adhesive behind mine was VERY stubborn though - might be because I had the trunk like repainted at one point by a body shop, and the adhesive they used might have been tougher than OEM... Took me about an hour and a half to scrub that ***** off (using all sorts of products from dish soap to armor all to vaseline)... as it turns out my bare fingers or a dry rag worked best to rub that stuff off - make sure to do it when the temperatures a bit warmer.... I did it at night and as it started getting colder out (Wisconsin fall = 45 degrees), it got harder and harder to rub that ***** off...
But when I got it all off, the paint was PERFECT underneath, and the rear-end o my ride has never looked cleaner!
Good luck
Old 10-07-02, 10:36 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

It took me forever to get mine off too... I still have some on if you look really closely... Really close.... But yeah Disco, get some dental floss, double it up and just saw through it....

Last edited by MrSypher; 10-07-02 at 10:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Debadging?