RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Front Side Marker Lamp Socket

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-09, 06:05 PM
jjcobm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Side Marker Lamp Socket

Does anybody know where I can find the socket for the front side marker lamp (left or right, same thing) with the pigtail or have a part number for them with pigtail? I went to the dealership and I was told I can't get the pigtail unless I order a new wiring harness.

My current one got rusted out really bad because of the washer fluid reservoir being next to it dripped into it. It basically broke apart.

Thanks again, i'll also post in classifieds.
Old 02-07-09, 11:41 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 325 Likes on 283 Posts

Call the service department and ask how much it would be to replace the socket - they replaced both of mine, about $30 each, labor included! I don't think this included a harness.
Old 02-07-09, 02:50 PM
code58
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcobm
Does anybody know where I can find the socket for the front side marker lamp (left or right, same thing) with the pigtail or have a part number for them with pigtail? I went to the dealership and I was told I can't get the pigtail unless I order a new wiring harness.

My current one got rusted out really bad because of the washer fluid reservoir being next to it dripped into it. It basically broke apart.

Thanks again, i'll also post in classifieds.
JJ- Does the side marker on a Lexus use the standard "peanut bulb"? If so, it probably also uses the standard socket which are readily obtainable from many sources. Cost probably a couple bucks with the wire pigtails. Let us know if it is the standard side light bulb.
Old 02-07-09, 04:31 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not sure what you're calling a "pig-tail" or exactly what you want, but my front driver's side wore out also to the point where the metal inside actually was gone (probably fell out at some point) and there was oil or some residue in there.

Anyway, I called Irontoad.com and got part 90075-60001 (Socket Plug) whic is the part that holds the bulb and screws into the marker. The other end is the side the wire plugs into this part. It was $8 I believe each.