RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-02, 07:21 AM
stankdoodoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions

How do you guys like the leather front masks? I think they're pretty cool but they remind me of the 80's. Also anybody know of any good seat covers?
Old 03-12-02, 02:32 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

IMO Bra's Suck..... All bra's................
Plus they don't look good........
Old 03-13-02, 02:27 PM
Beaker
Driver School Candidate

Default Are we talking about a sports bra here???

I live in the land of too damn many rocks on the roads and hwys.
So I went for the ultimate rock protector......the Lexus Rock guard, yes it's a smoked plastic guard that covers the whole front of the hood/grill area, and it was a little ugly at first, but it sure beats buying the touch-up paint in bulk... sort of like wearing a hat over a perfectly fine head of hair......but I'm bald(ing) so maybe I'm a little bitter......

from the desk of Beaker
Old 03-13-02, 07:56 PM
RX300TC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Are we talking about a sports bra here???

Originally posted by Beaker
I live in the land of too damn many rocks on the roads and hwys.
So I went for the ultimate rock protector......the Lexus Rock guard, yes it's a smoked plastic guard that covers the whole front of the hood/grill area, and it was a little ugly at first, but it sure beats buying the touch-up paint in bulk... sort of like wearing a hat over a perfectly fine head of hair......but I'm bald(ing) so maybe I'm a little bitter......

from the desk of Beaker
Beaker, I've never seen an official Lexus stone/bug guard for the RX300. Where did you get yours? Thanks.
Old 03-14-02, 06:32 AM
malhokc
Pole Position

This is my preference:

3M's 8 mil clear-coated urethane plastic film. It is specifically designed to preserve the beauty and integrity of exterior automotive finishes without compromising or altering the appearance of the vehicle. The material itself is guaranteed by 3M for 5 years against manufacturers defects and not to yellow, crack or craze. All kits come with detailed written and video instruction guide. You can also have someone install if for you. I had mine done for $400 (parts & labor). It front bumper, hood, mirrors, rear bumper top, and rear bumper. Clearmask.com is the cheapest one I found on the web. It can be removed without damage to paint. The plastic is barely visible from 3 feet away and hardly visible on dark or silver color models. I'm very satisfied, especially knowing it will be protected from the damage

High pressure washes will not affect the kit as long as you avoid spraying the high pressure wand directly into one of the edges from an inch away. It can be removed easily and will not damage the paint. To remove the film, you must heat the surface to approximately 150°F while working a corner of the film with your fingernail. Once you have enough of the material free from the surface to hold on to, slowly pull the film from the paint. Think of it like a adhesive laminating paper or a window tint film.

I recently found a different place where you can order this for cheaper price, call Alan at 407-927-1900. (approx $190) or 1-407-833-0505 or invinca-shield.com
Old 03-14-02, 02:30 PM
Beaker
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up THe Rock/Bug Guard I spoke of....

Hey there RX300TC:

I bought it from my dealer last summer after fixing up some stone chips.....again....
It even has the Lexus name in the bottom drivers side corner, simple to apply, 4 plastic clamps along the bottom of the plastic/hood edge, and 4 adheisive backed bumpers stuck to the hood at 4 places along the rear edge of the guard.
Like I said it took some getting used to, but it does a damn nice job of protecting....I've tried the peel and stick approach before but if the rocks are really mean they're still gonna get ya!!

Sorry about the mess on the picture, but it's getting on to late winter here, and you can't keep a car clean for long.......

oh yeah the price was about 100 Canadian, I guess about 65 USD???
Hope the picture makes it.......
Old 03-14-02, 02:34 PM
Beaker
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy Guess the picture didn't make it.....

Anybody want to give a 2 minute lesson in attaching pictures????