RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

EXHaust and GRILL... foglights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-02 | 02:11 AM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

Default EXHaust and GRILL... foglights?

Ok, took about 2hrs today to install my exhaust, put back on my Intake, and put on the RMM grill.

The intake was quick and simple

The RMM exhaust took a while... The damn bolts was HARD to take off but after a while, managed to take the whole damn thing apart and put on the new one. SOUNDS NICE!!! pretty sweet man, i'm loving it... nice deep throaty sound, not TOO loud also.

The RMM style grill i got stuck... took the bolt off but was left with not being able to put the bolt back on. Tried forever but still didn't work. Luckily HarrierRX300 lives in the bay area and had the same grill on... MANY THANKS TO HIM, considering i did not read the instructions that i had to jack up my car so he came by and helped me out. so finally it worked and now the grill is on also.

Got car back also same day form dealer for helping me tint my front windows to the factory mirror tint... Pretty nice.

Now i'm looking around for the Manik side steps... and waiting for my HID kit to arrive.

I got my PIAAs and installed them into my high's hoping the DRLS would be brighter... did not work out well... DRLS are just a bit brighter, but not really, so i think it is useless... might just put those bulbs into my sisters car. As for my other PIAA set, i tried to put them into the Fog light, but i could not reach into it...
Thats the part i need help, i cant take out the bulbs for the FOG LIGHTS... its too damn hard.... anyhelp??

and finally PICTURES... none right now ehhe sorry, its late at night and i gotta sleep soon, tomorrow i'mma wash my car and hopefully get a chance to take multiple pictures and will post ASAP....

AND THANKS AGAIN HarrierRX300 (Hilton) Very helpful dude... haha
Old 03-16-02 | 08:30 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Mike, I told you you would really need sone elbow grease to get those bolts loose.. As for the Fog's, On the passenger side, unscrew the bolt on the windsheild washer resevoir and twist it, it should twist and just pull it out. That will give you enough room to get your hand in there and switch the bulbs. As for the driver side take out the battery, you should be able to get to it.. Hope this helps you out Mike......
Old 03-16-02 | 11:54 AM
HarrierRX300
Lead Lap

Smile

It's all good. I'm glad I could of helped with the brush guard. Looking at your car, I want to get the RMM exhaust too, but I have to save money.
Hope to see all RX 300's at the Marina meet at the end of the month. It's in San Francisco, and for all bay area RX's, it'll give a chance to park side by side like a car show. We got to represent our model because GS430's, IS 300's, etc. gonna represent.
Again, glad I could help.
Old 03-16-02 | 07:35 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

cool thanks Mike and thanks agian Hilton...

hey Mike, on the driver side of the fog light, i tried it with moveing the batt.... but i wasn' tsure how to take it off...
what i was able to do was take off the bolt that holds down the entire batt then i just moved it a bit to the side while i had good amout of room....
i was able to twist the bulb but was not able to pull it out... it seem like there was some black plastic in the way, wont budge...
any thoughts to this?
Old 03-16-02 | 08:04 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Well first off you need that battery out. It will make it HELLA easier for ya... ... Ok ckeck it out.. You need to take off the Tie-Down, There is a rubber piece that is on top of the long thin rod that holds the Tie-Down in place. Take it off and then unscrew the bolt(no need to take it off completely), then unhook it from the back of where the battery rests. Then take the battery out... Make sure you disconect the battery first... Don't be scared of getting shocked (I was the first time I took a battery out)... Easy as hell.... You will have no problem doing it.....
Old 03-17-02 | 02:08 AM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

cool, i'll try it tomorrow if i have time... btw i got some pics... not the greatest tho since i took it at night... but here are some... i'll try to get more in the daytime instead
Attached Thumbnails EXHaust and GRILL... foglights?-dark-front-grill.jpg  
Old 03-17-02 | 02:09 AM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

cant really see it...
Attached Thumbnails EXHaust and GRILL... foglights?-side-grill.jpg  
Old 03-17-02 | 02:10 AM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

heres the bazooka...
Attached Thumbnails EXHaust and GRILL... foglights?-exhaust.jpg  
Old 03-17-02 | 02:11 AM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

car at night..
Attached Thumbnails EXHaust and GRILL... foglights?-car.jpg  
Old 03-17-02 | 07:20 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Mike, Looking good.. I really like that scuff on thr rear corner on the bumper...
Old 03-17-02 | 08:56 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Mike, the RMM bar looks really good, so does the bazooka It is a big tip isn't it, but I'll bet it sounds good.

Oh, No Doubt has a song out called "Hella Good" I think it's not so good though

-Nick
Old 03-17-02 | 03:19 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

hahh HELLA... quit making fun of me...

but i got more pics =) and now its not in the dark
Attached Thumbnails EXHaust and GRILL... foglights?-grill.jpg  
Old 03-17-02 | 03:21 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

another
Attached Thumbnails EXHaust and GRILL... foglights?-grill-2.jpg  
Old 03-17-02 | 03:23 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

bazooka not in the dark
Attached Thumbnails EXHaust and GRILL... foglights?-exhaust.jpg  
Old 03-17-02 | 05:02 PM
hleo1
Pole Position

Mike (Spinteews), I just installed my Manik side steps for less than 1 month, and I think I want to sell it -- are you interested?

I'm planning to just go for bodykit (front lip, sides, and rear lips), besides my wife hates the Manik side bars.

So let me know if you are interested or anyone else...

-Hendry

Quick Reply: EXHaust and GRILL... foglights?