RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Hello from Austria

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-09, 09:41 AM
Boergy
Advanced

Received 129 Likes on 68 Posts

Hy!

We have in Europe this box not!

Today, i have become the original Toyota MAF Sensor and th e new Original Cas Cap.

I installed boths, but the failure comes back. bevor i startet the test round, i resetet the ECU.

mh...its only when i drive slow with low throttle position. maybe a injector have problems? (bucking when the problem comes)? Or the A/F Sensor gives wrong values? i will test tomorrow to change the A/ Sensors from Bank 1 and 2, but the sensor an bank 2 is fixed

I teste for 15minutes, the gas tank makes zisch, if i open the gas cap
Old 05-30-09, 09:01 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 163 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Boergy
Hy!

We have in Europe this box not!

Today, i have become the original Toyota MAF Sensor and th e new Original Cas Cap.

I installed boths, but the failure comes back. bevor i startet the test round, i resetet the ECU.

mh...its only when i drive slow with low throttle position. maybe a injector have problems? (bucking when the problem comes)? Or the A/F Sensor gives wrong values? i will test tomorrow to change the A/ Sensors from Bank 1 and 2, but the sensor an bank 2 is fixed

I teste for 15minutes, the gas tank makes zisch, if i open the gas cap
What is bucking on the vehicle? What do you feel?
Old 05-30-09, 02:39 PM
Boergy
Advanced

HY!

i feel, the engine runs not normal, as one zylinder not runs, after kickdown runs the engine normal.

Today, i checkt again the hoses. On the valve the hoses was very easy to demount. i changed the hoses, checked all electric valves and hoses. there all ok But i found a failure from me the clamp after the maf to fix the big hose to the airfilterbox was not fixed! maybe this the failure with the new sensor? i will test tomorrow.

Here some pictures from today:

The original maf:

the C&C maf:

old gas cap:

new gas cap, i feel the gasket if i closed the cap and he makes "zisch" :

the new hoses on the valve (the 2 hoses was have 180° bow)

Boergy @ work remove stone chips

greets

Boergsn
Old 05-31-09, 11:23 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Where did you get that C&C Maf from?
Old 05-31-09, 12:54 PM
Boergy
Advanced

HY!

i bought the C&C from ebay.com. i can send the part return and become my money back
Old 05-31-09, 12:59 PM
gazi001
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Tom, in your picture on page #5 there was a small box like canister in the chasis. Does your muffler touch the box or do you put any insulation or heat cover to protect the canister? Thanks.
Old 06-01-09, 12:11 AM
Boergy
Advanced

Hy Gazi,

My RX in Europe have not this canister under the car. In Europe is only the carbon box for the gas tank ventilation and a valve installed, not more.

here picture from the underside of my car:

greets

Tom
Old 06-01-09, 04:50 AM
gazi001
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks Tom for let me know. Now it's a big problem for me to install left exhaust for the canister.
Old 06-01-09, 10:02 AM
Boergy
Advanced

it is possible to move the canister to a other position under the car? i can not help you, i have this system not here to look for a solution to midify the canister on your car
Old 06-01-09, 10:08 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

it is possible to move the canister to a other position under the car? i can not help you, i have this system not here to look for a solution to midify the canister on your car
I'm curious, if you don't have that canister, do you have emissions testing in Austria?
Old 06-01-09, 12:36 PM
Boergy
Advanced

Yes, we have tests in Austria, i have 2 pre catalysators and 1 main catalysator. I think you have also this 3 parts.

Here the diagramm, you in the USA have the charcoal Canister with 2 valves and 1 sensor.
i have normal VSV for EVAP with a chacoal Canister in small version under the airfilterbox, is the simple solution without sensor.

this is why i have not this one hose on my airfilterbox in my Euro-RX300

This is the diagramm for the US-RX

here my canister in the euro-version:

and here in the US-Version:

greets

Boergsn

Last edited by Boergy; 06-01-09 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-01-09, 10:45 PM
gazi001
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks Tom for your inspiration to buy dual exhaust from Germany and installed today. I replaced the canister otherway. Here is the link:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...led-today.html
Old 06-04-09, 12:24 PM
Boergy
Advanced

Hy!

Maybe i found the cause of my problem. Today, i checked again all hoses, cleaned again the IACV Valve and fixed all intake manifold screws. After this, i startet the engine and testet the intake manifold and the mounted parts on this with brake cleaner of holes.

No holes, all ok. But when i give short accelarate, i hear on the backside if the engine a noise, maybe a leaky exhaust manifold gasket or the manifold himself. But, i drive tomorrow 700km to a Lexus Meeting in Austria i think, i control the manifold early in the morning in my Garage

greets

Boergy
Old 06-04-09, 04:33 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Hy!

Maybe i found the cause of my problem. Today, i checked again all hoses, cleaned again the IACV Valve and fixed all intake manifold screws. After this, i startet the engine and testet the intake manifold and the mounted parts on this with brake cleaner of holes.

No holes, all ok. But when i give short accelarate, i hear on the backside if the engine a noise, maybe a leaky exhaust manifold gasket or the manifold himself. But, i drive tomorrow 700km to a Lexus Meeting in Austria i think, i control the manifold early in the morning in my Garage

greets

Boergy
Tom,

In the first picture, I had to weld up a leak on the exhaust manifold in the engine bay, then we also had to weld up in the second picture an exhaust leak on the piping underneath. In the third picture, this exhaust gasket in front of the main catalytic converter gave me frequent trouble and eventually I just replaced it with pipe. It is held in by 14 mm bolts. You could try tightening them.

Best thing I found was to have someone outside the vehicle take a look while you put your foot on the accelerator in Park or in Neutral and you can usually find the source of the problem. God knows I had them back in Mexico with all the exhaust modifications I did.
Attached Thumbnails Hello from Austria-img_1594.jpg   Hello from Austria-weldedpipejoint.jpg   Hello from Austria-img_3107.jpg  
Old 06-18-09, 05:03 AM
Boergy
Advanced

Hello!

little upgrade. After 1500km was the consumtion 12-13L / 100km. Highways and Mountains

I called my car dealer for the problem with my car. he is not good to motivate to repair my car i have 12 months warranty of this car. he bought a new original MAF Sensor for me, the car runs better, but the failure comes back. He is not a lexus/toyota Dealer. it is for me too stupid to have long discussions with him band give him my car for repair.

Today, i bought on www.mylexparts.com a new oxygen sensor and a new gasket for the exhaust manifold. The sensor was fixed in the manifold. i demount the exhaust system and change correct the sensor. i hope after this action, the RX runs normal

greets

Tom

Quick Reply: Hello from Austria