RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

driverside window wont roll up.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-09 | 07:38 AM
zombie
Lead Lap

Unhappy driverside window wont roll up.

my rx was in the garage with all the windows rolled down. i was about to leave, so i rolled them back up. however the driverside front didnt go up. i turned the engine off and just allowed the power to flow. i couldnt even hear the window's motor running when i was using the switch. did the motor gone bad? i hope not.
Old 07-15-09 | 07:58 AM
thomas1
Pole Position

Check fuses?
Old 07-15-09 | 09:28 AM
zombie
Lead Lap

i looked at the fuses in the inside and the engine. but i couldnt find a window fuse. does anyone know which fuse is for the windows.
Old 07-15-09 | 12:09 PM
thomas1
Pole Position

the fuse in the in engine junction box. 20A.... However it feeds all windows, if the other ones work than your driver door ecu is acting up or the power window motor is bad. Maybe the link is bad and you cant really hear the motor. The Driver ecu is under the switch assembly. Maybe unplug the battery for a couple of minutes and retry.
Old 07-16-09 | 09:21 AM
zombie
Lead Lap

all the other windows work, but i dropped it off this morning to a family mechanic.
Old 07-16-09 | 08:03 PM
Blu J
Driver School Candidate

It happened to my 2001 RX at the beginning of this year and I had to pay $860CAN for part to replace the power window module in the driver side.
Old 07-16-09 | 08:22 PM
sirCharles
Lead Lap

first gen is jus too old now
Old 07-21-09 | 06:32 PM
zombie
Lead Lap

yah! i got it back yesturday. we only could find a new window motor at the lexus dealership for around $400. so our mechanic found one in a salvage yard for $120. still good!
Old 01-04-10 | 04:39 AM
shawnst
Driver School Candidate

I am having similar problem on front driver side window. All other windows work from the master switch. But when I try to open the driver side window, the window does not move. I can only hear a click every time I push/pull the switch. I don't seem to hear the motor running. Does this sound like a dead power window motor?
Thanks.
Old 01-04-10 | 08:23 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by shawnst
I am having similar problem on front driver side window. All other windows work from the master switch. But when I try to open the driver side window, the window does not move. I can only hear a click every time I push/pull the switch. I don't seem to hear the motor running. Does this sound like a dead power window motor?
Thanks.
You're probably going to have to get in side there to see what is going on,

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...moval-diy.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...r-removal.html
Old 01-05-10 | 04:36 AM
shawnst
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Lexmex. I will try that.
Old 01-05-10 | 10:06 AM
ivan1
Driver

my front windows go down but half way down then slow down and struggle to go down and then go back to normal speeds. is that a sign of my motors dying? should i lubricate the scissors or something along those lines?

thanks guys
Old 01-05-10 | 01:37 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ivan1
my front windows go down but half way down then slow down and struggle to go down and then go back to normal speeds. is that a sign of my motors dying? should i lubricate the scissors or something along those lines?

thanks guys
The only real way you're going to find out is if you open up the panel and take a look to see what is going on. I also believe the issue can be related to a battery on its way out (mine is 5 years old), but I am not going to do anything more with my window or door until I change out the battery which might be in a few months (it's $$$ for now).
Old 01-05-10 | 06:24 PM
RX300Gary
Driver School Candidate

Default Easy fix

Originally Posted by zombie
my rx was in the garage with all the windows rolled down. i was about to leave, so i rolled them back up. however the driverside front didnt go up. i turned the engine off and just allowed the power to flow. i couldnt even hear the window's motor running when i was using the switch. did the motor gone bad? i hope not.
I had the same problem and fixed it easily. See my post:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...dow-fixed.html

Gary
Old 01-06-10 | 04:54 AM
shawnst
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Gary. I've tried that and it did not seem to help. I could hear a click when I push the switch. So that leads me to think the switch/contact is fine. Maybe the motor is dead, or simply something got stuck behind the panel. who knows?

Quick Reply: driverside window wont roll up.