RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Superwhite Rear Signals

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-02, 03:45 AM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superwhite Rear Signals

Recently I have purchased superwhite bulbs for my rear signals. They work GREAT. I love it, espically at night it is really bright when it flashes. Looks excellent and nice, better then the orginal yellow blinkers. Now feeling what Myspher said earlier about swapping the rear side markers too.

I'm interested in that also now, did you figure out a way yet Mike?

and heres some pics now.

this one is when it was stock and blinking yellow
Attached Thumbnails Superwhite Rear Signals-yellow-signal.jpg  
Old 05-12-02, 03:46 AM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

now heres a pic of the entire back of the car with no flash from the camera while the double signals are on. Also if you notice, the signals are superwhite as well as the license plate bulbs...
Attached Thumbnails Superwhite Rear Signals-superwhite-signals-and-license-lights.jpg  
Old 05-12-02, 03:47 AM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

heres the right side of the blinker, very pretty at night
Attached Thumbnails Superwhite Rear Signals-superwhite-signal-right.jpg  
Old 05-12-02, 04:17 AM
maxlex
Driver School Candidate

Those look great!

Wish I could do that, but the cops 'round here are crazy about tickets for white signals.

If you are looking for a compromise, try Phillips Silvervision bulbs. They are a silver bulb that lights up yellow. It eliminates the yellow from the rear lense casings which is nice.

I will however be putting some brighter backup lights in... the factory ones are weak. Are they the same bulb as the turn signals?
Old 05-12-02, 08:20 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

I want to change my backup lights too. They really need to be brighter. What do you have in mind?
Old 05-12-02, 12:50 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

back up light on mine is changed also to superwhites... i would have pictures but if i'd leave it on reverse......... i think i'll have to chase after my car

but yea, my reverse are Raybrig Superwhites. size 7443 i think it was. They are not the same size as the signals. I purchased the wrong size because i thought they were going to be the same but they are different.

But the reverse lights are really easy to swap. Very nice superwhite color when i reverse and theres a window with my car reflection in it... so nice
Old 05-12-02, 02:56 PM
01VaporBlueRX
Pole Position

Originally posted by spinteews
back up light on mine is changed also to superwhites... i would have pictures but if i'd leave it on reverse......... i think i'll have to chase after my car
haha.. yea chasing after your car wouldnt b fun in San franciscio, all those hills...
Old 05-12-02, 04:58 PM
hleo1
Pole Position

I changed my rear signlas to the Philips Silvervision. They are completely silver when off, so there's no yellow at all. When it's on, it's absolutely yellow, perfect for avoiding tickets. At first I thought of the superwhites, but then when it's off, the "blueish" tint would show clearly, wouldn't they? I don't want to see any color at all when not on....

-Hendry
Old 05-12-02, 05:14 PM
01VaporBlueRX
Pole Position

There is a DIY for that. What u do is get some high temperature engine paint in silver or what ever color u want, then lightly spray a thin even coat on the bulb and let it dry overnight. There you go.. home made silver visions.

Last edited by 01VaporBlueRX; 05-12-02 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-13-02, 07:27 AM
lance_888
Driver School Candidate

Default rear signal bulbs

Hey spin,

What is the size of the rear signal bulbs?
Old 05-13-02, 10:21 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

i'll get the size for you asap... i know that its round and a single filament.
Old 05-14-02, 06:59 AM
ObiDon
Driver

After reading these threads about that yellow color showing through on the signals, and looking at my RX, I now find myself compelled to change mine also. I want to go for the Philips Silver vision so the signal will show up during the day. Hleo1 where did you order yours? Also, I know I need to get a manual, but to get at the rear lights do you pop off the square plastic 1 in. taps that you can see with the hatch open? Any Pics of the process? Thanks!
Old 05-14-02, 11:01 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

Obi, i dont have the entire process, cuz i only had 2 hands and coudln't take picture while i was changing it myself, but i do have a couple, i'll post it. bulbs will be posted soon, keep forgetting it in the car.

yea, what you do is just use a flathead and pop off the 2 caps, which will review 2 screws. Just unscrew them and pull the lamp off. once your done with that its very simple. Take out the yellow bulb by pushing first and twist then pull it out. (i didn't know till later on LOL i kept pulling that damn thing...)

Also if you pull out the bulb, you'll notice there are 2 grooves sticking out which are not porportional. if you get superwhites or something... (aftermarket lights like razo, polarg, raybrig, piaas...) then you gonna need a plier to rip one side off so you can lock it backin place...

hope that wasn't too confusing...

heres one pic once you pop off the coverings
Attached Thumbnails Superwhite Rear Signals-screws-holding-the-lamp-in.jpg  
Old 05-14-02, 11:03 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

and here the the Back of the lamp...
the grey thingy is holding the yellow signal...

and yes that is my hand LOL
Attached Thumbnails Superwhite Rear Signals-back-of-lamp.jpg  
Old 05-15-02, 08:37 AM
ObiDon
Driver

Spinteews, Thanks for the pics. I ordered the Philips Silver Vision from http://www.powerbulbs.com I will be replacing the front and back.

Quick Reply: Superwhite Rear Signals