RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

My RX Got Egged!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-02, 04:40 PM
maxlex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My RX Got Egged!

So my neighbor(apartments) knocks on my door last night around 9 p.m. and says that our cars got hit with eggs.

He's got a brand new Maxima 6spd with everything(a really sweet car) and our two cars are the newest in the complex. We always park right next to each other at an angle so we usually take up 3+ spaces(but its in a totally empty area with tons of free spaces always).

I'm thinking, no big deal, I'll wipe it off and you'll never tell. As I'm washing it off though I notice an impact crack in the paint right behind the driver's side passenger door. Its almost as if the paint shattered a little bit when the egg hit. Its a little indentation but goes right through to the steel. *$(*&$)(%*@#

Anyways, to all you haters of people who work hard for their money and can afford nice things: *UCK YOU

I'd have taken pictures but it was at night and I just wanted to get the junk off right away.

Bastards... sorry... just had to vent...

I feel better now.
Old 05-18-02, 07:55 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Crap, I'd be pissed too! Some people can't handle others having money. It makes me so mad everytime I hear about this type of thing happening.

I understand why you guys take up more parking spaces - so idiots who don't give a ****** won't ram your car door with thiers.

keep an eye out, maybe the haters will come back around to see what they did to damage your rides. If they are jealous of your cars and angry that you take up more than 2 parking spots, chances are they live in the complex. But, thats pure speculation. Keep an eye out for fishy peeps.
Old 05-18-02, 08:43 PM
zexen
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry to hear bout that. hope you get those F`KERS for what they did. trying to reign on your hard work. all they can afford is eggs. they don't have the hard working capability to earn their own way, and get a nicer car. then they can join your little group. but i guess first they have to be able to afford more than just eggs.
Old 05-18-02, 08:47 PM
hleo1
Pole Position

Maxlex,

Sorry to hear that, I'd be so damn pissed too! In my opinion, it's not that those jerks are jealous of your cars. They just do not like the idea that you take up more space. They might think just because you have newer and nicer cars, you can take up more spaces and show off.

These people are obviously cowards, and I am convinced they are either living in your complex, your neighbors' friends or your neighbor paid some ppl to commit the vandalism. So one way or another, it must be related to ppl living in your complex, not random target at all.

I think it's only wise to "avoid" future possible targets by parking appropriately. Not to say you are afraid or backing out. But the point is at this time, your car has already been targeted. These jerks are cowards, and it can only make you even more mad if they do more damage to your car.

You can certainly file a police report, surrender the pictures you took to the police. Who knows your car is not their first target, and your local police may patrol more often to your neighborhood.

Remember...

"What goes around... comes around..."

-Hendry
Old 05-18-02, 11:15 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

Talking

wow sorry man that does suck, but taking up two spots is messed up. even if there are empty ones. well dont feel bad, ive had my rx egged too, then had the rims and tires spray painted bright yellow, and a couple other things bad done to it that i cant remember, well guess thats what u get being an 18yr old (at the time) now almost 21 kid rockin a 40k plus lex, F*#k all those player haters and even ricers too.
Old 05-19-02, 06:18 AM
maxlex
Driver School Candidate

I'm going to defend my use of two spaces. I could understand if parking was at a premium, but I intentionally park well away, and far from anyone else with 'clumsy doors' I don't park like this anywhere else usually. I'm not one of those people who takes up two spaces at the mall or something.

The thing is, parking like this may very well open me up for attack just because people think its arrogant. There are a LOT of expensive cars in my complex, 6+ BMWS, Merc's and none of them were attacked. So yes... it is likely that we were targeted.

The funny thing is, the angle of attack on our cars suggests that it was done from a moving vehicle coming into our complex and heading towards a dead-end.

If it happens again, I'll file a police report. I don't have pictures from this incident though.

After waxing the crack out, it doesn't look as bad, but its still permanent damage that I'll probably have to fill in with paint to keep from rusting.
Old 05-19-02, 07:28 AM
ShowGSLuVv
Lexus Test Driver

just buy a car cover, anyone who is planning on egging the car isn't gonna stop, get outta the car, take the cover off then start egging it because more likely someone will see them and get there license plate, if they do though then u know it has somthing directly towards u guys, idunno what else to say but if u find out who it is u should whoop his *** bad... good luck

ShOwGS
Old 05-19-02, 08:42 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

A car cover is a good idea, I didn't think about that. That will help, but will be a hassle to do every time you park
Old 05-19-02, 06:14 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

ouch, sorry to hear that, get em FU(kers, damn morons!!

stupid people... i'd ... arg, damn if i'd find out who it was i'd egg them in the face and *****