RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Saw this OBD2 reader on sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-10, 04:03 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts
Default Saw this OBD2 reader on sale

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ss_T15_product

$24.99 and free shipping available.

Just picked one up myself.
Old 01-24-10, 04:16 PM
salimshah

Received 1,045 Likes on 943 Posts

Looks very much like the one they sell at HarborFreight.

Salim
Old 01-24-10, 04:17 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by salimshah
Looks very much like the one they sell at HarborFreight.

Salim
Cheapest one I saw there was this one, http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=98568
Old 01-24-10, 08:37 PM
salimshah

Received 1,045 Likes on 943 Posts

The current is slightly different. The one I bought almost a year ago matched the one in your thread starter.

Salim
Old 01-25-10, 06:23 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by salimshah
The current is slightly different. The one I bought almost a year ago matched the one in your thread starter.

Salim
Noticed priced dropped to $23.99 since last night on the one I mentioned.

Many years ago, maybe 5 or so, I got one at Harbor Freight that looked like this one http://www.digimoto.com/shop/Product...de-reader.aspx that I ended up giving to one of my friends in Mexico and I kept using my now defunct Actron PocketScan. But back then I paid about $30 something for that one.

Thing I like about this one I mentioned at the top of the thread by Autel is that it supports the CAN protocol for newer vehicles and also can check the readiness status of certain sensors. That's invaluable for places in the country that have OBD2 emissions tests.

One I had previously, http://www.amazon.com/C100-Check-Eng...4429208&sr=1-9 at now $28.47 only read the codes and did nothing else and didn't support CAN, but got the job done as far as my RX300. I truly need a scanner full time 24/7 in the vehicle, and use the laptop and Elmscan5 compact to check things such as freeze frame data on errors among other things (am using Digimoto software since I got it on sale a short time ago).
Old 01-25-10, 09:07 AM
krazie604
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering if this one erases codes... Anyone know?
Old 01-25-10, 11:24 AM
trips1
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please can someone suggest me what would be the cheapest reader and software i can buy to read my AF sensor readings??
I have looked at the other useful thread by Lexmex and want to confirm if (Elmscan5 compact + Digimoto software) is the best option for me.
Old 01-25-10, 01:01 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Sweet! Just picked one up!
Old 01-25-10, 01:39 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by krazie604
Just wondering if this one erases codes... Anyone know?
Yes. Even in the description it says reads and clears. I don't know of a single reader out there that doesn't at least read and clear.
Old 01-25-10, 01:44 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by trips1
Please can someone suggest me what would be the cheapest reader and software i can buy to read my AF sensor readings??
I have looked at the other useful thread by Lexmex and want to confirm if (Elmscan5 compact + Digimoto software) is the best option for me.
That's about the same conclusion I came to. However, the free software that does come with the Elmscan5 will allow you to read the A/F sensor readings.
Old 01-27-10, 06:05 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

These are some of the screen captures I took from the digimoto software I hooked up. It shows a freezeframe on one of them when I got an A/F sensor issue (common when gas is below 1/4 tank and given my modifications, though sometimes it results in a P0171). One drawback (but appears true to other scanning programs, not just digimoto) is that a lot of items aren't supported. Notice the check boxes on one of the items and some things just don't come up. I'll have to ask friends that I can find with other programs to see what does and doesn't come up for the RX. Still, this is a pretty neat program and I still need to try the dyno and 1/4 mile program they have there (though I'll have to go out to the boonies to go do this).
Attached Thumbnails Saw this OBD2 reader on sale-1.gif   Saw this OBD2 reader on sale-2.gif   Saw this OBD2 reader on sale-3.gif   Saw this OBD2 reader on sale-4.jpg   Saw this OBD2 reader on sale-5.gif  

Old 01-27-10, 06:10 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Here's the last few items.

Again, this particular error came up because my gas tank was under 1/4 tank and with the amount of air going in given my air modifications, sometimes the pump/pressure/fuel,etc. just can't keep up, though in this particular case given the low rpm it was probably a case where I was coasting (air coming in, but not enough fuel to me meet it).
Attached Thumbnails Saw this OBD2 reader on sale-7.gif   Saw this OBD2 reader on sale-8.gif  
Old 01-27-10, 11:32 AM
trips1
Pit Crew

Thanks Lexmex for posting the pix. If possible can you also post a pix for AF/O2 sensor graph.
Additionally can someone tell me what voltage range the AF sensor should fluctuate to say that it is working fine. I was told that if the AF sensor is stuck up at a single voltage then that means it needs to be replaced. In my case i was told that it my AF sensor is stuck up at 0.7V.

Thanks again.
Trips.
Old 01-27-10, 12:44 PM
code58
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Lexmex for posting the pix. If possible can you also post a pix for AF/O2 sensor graph.
Additionally can someone tell me what voltage range the AF sensor should fluctuate to say that it is working fine. I was told that if the AF sensor is stuck up at a single voltage then that means it needs to be replaced. In my case i was told that it my AF sensor is stuck up at 0.7V.

Thanks again.
Trips.
I believe that is true- an A/F sensor is constantly moving up and down. If it's stuck, it probably has bit the big one.
Old 01-28-10, 06:58 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Thanks again.
Trips.
I'll see if I can get that to run today, I've had trouble with that graphing system.

It generally will stay in a range of about .560 to .760 or so, but does fluctuate.

Have you gotten a code?

Quick Reply: Saw this OBD2 reader on sale