RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Well, it was nice for a day ... :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-02, 01:30 PM
whjones
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, it was nice for a day ... :(

Aloha everyone,

Following the theft and torching of my last car, a 1998 Acura Integra, I had to make a choice on another vehicle. Last Friday, I purchased a new RX-300, and went to the extent of posting the pictures I took of it at the dealer's place. Well, the rear door on the passenger side had a slight problem - it didn't respond to the key remote. I thought that was no big deal, and that Servco Lexus would simply replace the defective part. Well, I took it in last Saturday, and they dragged their feet until today, when they told me that the part in question would have to be back-ordered.

Imagine that. I pick up the new vehicle on a Friday and have to take it back the next day for unexpected service. Two days later I'm informed that I'll have to wait as much as 2-3 weeks to even drive the vehicle again !!!

I told them, on the phone, that I am demanding a replacement vehicle with exactly the same specs. My salesman said that that's outside his pervue, but I have an appointment to speak with his boss this afternoon. I'm just venting a huge amount of pent-up anger at this whole messy situation.

Has anyone else had this kind of problem with Lexus? I really like the vehicle, but doubts about my choice are starting to creep in. My wife, being Vietnamese-American, is superstitious to a degree, and wanted a replacement vehicle anyway. I guess this way we'll finally get a brand new vehicle which is 100% operational. This really just makes me want to throttle some people down at Servco Lexus.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. I just can't wait until I FINALLY get a vehicle I can drive.

Bud Jones
hawaiibuc@hawaii.rr.com
wjones@campus.hpu.edu
Old 05-20-02, 04:50 PM
whjones
Driver School Candidate

Aloha everyone,

Well, the planets are back in alignment I found out that a part could be swapped, but that the only manager in this morning nexed the deal. I almost blew my top, but was very calm, cool, and collected when I spoke with my salesman's manager. He contacted the General Manager, who OK'd the swap, and now I'm driving my very own RX-300 FINALLY !!!!! Life is sweet

Bud Jones
hawaiibuc@hawaii.rr.com
wjones@hpu.edu
Old 05-20-02, 05:18 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Glad to hear that things worked out for you and you didn't get completely soured on the deal this early in the game. At any rate, you should have been able to get a Lexus loaner vehicle while your was out of commission. Even if it wasn't an RX, at least an ES or IS. It's not required, but all Lexus dealers I know of do that, and should.