RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Any of you go off-road?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-02, 02:22 PM
habibnazir
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Any of you go off-road?

So ... Do any of you actually take your AWD Camery on a lift kit off road or are you all scared and think the "The RX 300 is not meant to go off road?" Haha! I dunno man ... A buddy of mine has an RX 300 and him and I go off roading all the time. The car handles great and is very very responsive even in thick dirt and 2 to 3 feet deep puddles, which happed to be about 20 ft. long as well. Of course this is the same buddy of mine, who flooded his engine, but than again, the same thing would of happened in an X5 or ML, but def. not in his Land Rover Defender or Land Rover Discovery. Granted a SNORKLE KIT(which aren't too hard to construct yourself if you are really getting into off-roading.) for the RX 300 would of prevented that problem. Anyways the whole point of this post isn't to make enemies just to hear some stories of you and going off roading. I am not talking severe rock climbing, more like trail blazing, or running down fire trails or even maken your own paths. Here in NJ we got the Pine Barrens right about 5 miles from my house so they have lots and lots of fire trails, which granted are illegal, but if you're not stupid you won't get into trouble. There are many legal paths also like the Land Rover company hosts an annual off roading event up here in NJ in the Pine Barrons aswell about 40 miles from my house, which is tons of fun aswell, but that's where they get hardcore with rock climbing and submerging the truck into lakes and streams and stuff. Either way, I def. think sometime this summer we should get a meet up and I'll show you a lil fun in the woods ... I know that sounds something like a child rapist would say but you know what I mean. If you're into a lil camping maybe, or even a day trip to do some fishing, and a picnic and what not. Either way ... let's hear what you've done with your trucks ... Unless they all are turned into rice rockets by now!

OFF ROADING ... ISN'T JUST A JEEP THING! Have a lil fun! Be Safe!
Habib

Last edited by habibnazir; 05-22-02 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-22-02, 07:09 PM
Knicksfan
Pole Position

Default How about sand

I'm on the beach on East End of Long Island all the time. Does that count?
Old 05-22-02, 07:49 PM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

Smile Re: Any of you go off-road?

Does climbing over curbs and driving on sidewalks count?? Because i do that every single day.

Originally posted by habibnazir
So ... Do any of you actually take your AWD Camery on a lift kit off road or are you all scared and think the "The RX 300 is not meant to go off road?" ...
Old 05-22-02, 07:54 PM
habibnazir
Rookie

Haha!!!! Yes!!!

Cruzen on the sand at the beach def. def. counts ... although not many beaches around where you can brink your trucks out on the beach ... cept if its to let your jet ski in the water which is still very uncommon! CURB HOPPEN ROCKS!!!! SPECIALLY @ Fast Food Places where the signs say, "Pull up to the Curb Please!" You just HOP THAT!!! Haha! Cool Cool! What do you think about getting a lil ralley/expidition meet going? All LEXUSes WELCOME, but I know I would never take my IS off the road! ?? Idea's suggestions?
Habib
Old 05-24-02, 01:21 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

haha no storys here except like with johnsrx the curbs hahha
but i do get lots of racing ones lol

not much trails here or anything... i wish there was, but i'm scared to bring the rx out on one of them... but i'm very tempted

i alwasy wanted to just drive by a construction yard thats full of dirt and just run in do couple of laps and leave hahahah but no lol
Old 05-24-02, 01:57 PM
habibnazir
Rookie

Talking COOL COOL!

haha! cool man!
yeah lemme tell you. believe it or not the RX handles very very well even with the stock tires. You just need to know like when to accelerate and how to dig the tires to get traction and stuff. if an of you are considereing upgrading to a more rugged tire the All Teraine Wrangler by Goodyear is a great tired. It gives a much more aggressive look to the car even on the current rims!
i know there more of you gutsy peeps out there! lets hear your story!!!!
Habib
Old 05-25-02, 10:02 PM
PlanetAudioRX
Rookie

Ive never gone offroading in my RX. Never thought about it
Old 05-26-02, 01:55 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

I used to go offroad when I had my '93 Explorer 4x4. Those were some fun times. That sucker could trek though some crap even with Michelin LTX M/S. I've got some pics, but I'll have to digitize them.
Old 05-26-02, 02:06 PM
habibnazir
Rookie

yeah ... we're off roading junkies here going in everything...1997 honda passports 1997 ford expiditions 1999 range rovers 1997 land rover defenders 1999 - 2001 land rover discoveries, wrx's ... anything!hahah
Old 05-26-02, 02:22 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

My former explorer is still onthis website. I really miss offroading in that thing, but don't miss cleaning it off. Being picky as I am about my being clean and to enjoy offroading - that is NOT a good combination.

Here is a pic, you can check out the link if you want to see a few more.

the link
Attached Thumbnails Any of you go off-road?-explorer-5.jpg  

Last edited by LexRX; 05-26-02 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-26-02, 02:45 PM
habibnazir
Rookie

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET man... yeah i know what you mean about keeping it clean! i have that same problem. and my rents hated it when i got mud all over the cars!
Habib
Old 05-27-02, 12:17 AM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

oOoOoOoO go rallying in a wrx... would be so much fun
Old 05-27-02, 09:25 AM
habibnazir
Rookie

haha ... racing in anything is fun!