RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Question about tinting windows

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-02, 05:44 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shonuff, what a crappy piece of...j/k Seriously :eek: WOW :eek: me like! Your RX looks awesome!!! I'm FOR SURE going for the Maniks now, and what about those wheels? What's the story on those, spacers needed? I think I am going to copy you I mean dammit!! I keep deciding to keep my factory wheels b/c I am happy with them and people keep posting kick a** wheels - 18's look great on the RX.

Now, you will have to post more pics
Old 05-24-02, 07:18 PM
Shonuff
Pole Position

check the tail light thread for the back. got a lot more stuff coming lex........mirror covers and tailgate handle cover (chrome from japan =) )

building a cold air box for the intake. aluminum and plexiglass.

going back to the shop for a new alarm with remote start and pager. also hopefully we'll be finishing the 10.4" lcd install in the dash. first one didn't work out like i wanted. hopefully i will be ready for the texas heatwave show this year. fiberglassing the subs in the rear.............i got a serious bug to work on the rx finally.

i wanted to dual out the exhaust so bad....but that damn black box is in the way on the drivers side. i can't tell in that german pick if it was there or not.

the rims are edge logics 18x7.5 spacers on the rear. fronts rub at full turn. 255/55/18 pirelli scorpion zero's.

"and what about those wheels? What's the story on those, spacers needed? I think I am going to copy you I mean dammit!! I keep deciding to keep my factory wheels b/c I am happy with them and people keep posting kick a** wheels - 18's look great on the RX."......................want to buy them nick?? i was looking to get something else. got a good price for you.

Last edited by Shonuff; 05-24-02 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-24-02, 07:34 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Originally posted by Shonuff

i wanted to dual out the exhaust so bad....but that damn black box is in the way on the drivers side. i can't tell in that german pick if it was there or not.
I thought about that when I first saw the pic, and from what I can see I think they did remove the black box. I really can't figure out exactly what it's for
Old 05-24-02, 07:41 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

very nice pic shonuff... sorry Nick beat me to it to help u post pics.. i was at work haha

Love them maniks and very nice mono color paint job.

Your rides off the hook man!!!

so you tinted the rears also darker?? how much did it cost you?

hrm, the duel exhauts is very nice... but what is that black box?
Old 05-24-02, 07:47 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

It should be around there somewhere (arrow)
Attached Images  
Old 05-24-02, 07:51 PM
Shonuff
Pole Position

looks like anti lock brakes or maybe fuel.....not sure....there are a couple of hard lines running to it.

found the maniks at the tint shop i went to 379$ installed......best i could find on the net was 357$ plus shipping and then i would have had to install them..........too much work hahaha

149$ great deal.......they did all 10 windows (strip on windshield). top of the line llumar tint. and they even had to remove the old tint off of the front windows. but i brought them my car, wifes car, moms car, nd a friend. i did a group buy by myself hahahahaha
Old 05-24-02, 07:54 PM
Shonuff
Pole Position

looks like it would be a lot of work to move the lines and whatever is underneath the plastic box............i'll hack and cut, but i'm scared of that thing for some reason lol. i'm going with a dual tip stainlesss exhaust.
Old 05-24-02, 07:55 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

HAHAH family group buy... thats the way to go

man, where you getting all this money to do all this?? LOL i can bearly do anything next haha.

i'm looking into the manik's and i was wondering, do you guys think the JAOS rear bumper guard would look nice on the rx?

if so i'm gonna get it, friend of mine can get me a decent deal but i gotta know by sunday... any suggestions?? i'm thinkign about it

shonuff, how goes the eyelids?
Old 05-24-02, 08:07 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

That is the only think I could think of. The box protected the wires and lines that ran around the back.

Where is that tint shop - not a bad deal for the Maniks...installed. As for the price for all 10 windows, I'd like to get that deal

If you can find a nice looking dual tip exhaust (like the MDX's) it look cool. I want that if not the RMM one. My problem would be fitting it with the trailer hitch. I don't know if I can squeeze a dual tip one on. I'm following in your steps Shonuff

Last edited by LexRX; 05-24-02 at 08:09 PM.
Old 05-24-02, 08:27 PM
Shonuff
Pole Position

thanks for the good words guys.

the eyelid thing is dead......i posted it on another thread. nopi kept telling me they were on the way, week after week after week. i called them the other day and they finally told me to forget aboit it. they have been on back order for a while and erebuni has been giving them problems for a while. so unless you know where to find some other ones???? i want to order a set cause i know my guy can take a mold and make them for cheaper. any ideas?

i'll post a pick of my dual tip exhaust when it gets here.

nick: come on down to sunny corpus christi.........i can get you the same deal hahaha. the general manger is pretty cool. gonna give me the ventshades for 55$ dunno if i want them though.
Old 05-24-02, 08:31 PM
Shonuff
Pole Position

spin:

Silversport Edition Millennium
Silver Metallic 2001 RX300 AWD
Philips Ultinon 6000k HIDs
Weapon R Intake/Cold Air Box
RMM Exhaust
RMM Style Bar Chrome
Factory Mirror Tint on Front Windows
Red Calipers

you're the man with the money. i wanna be like you hahaha
Old 05-24-02, 08:39 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Corpus Christi eh? I think I'd loose my savings on getting down there I'd get to see your RX though
Attached Thumbnails Question about tinting windows-map.jpg  
Old 05-24-02, 08:47 PM
Shonuff
Pole Position

16 hour drive...............use to do it when i was stationed in south carolina. use to drive right thru atl. you can do it nick!!! haha just imagine how long you will get to light up the roads with your hid's!!!!
Old 05-24-02, 10:14 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

16 hours:eek: I'll turn on my HID's due southeast - tell me if you see em
Old 05-25-02, 12:32 AM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

HAHAH, shonuff, your the one with all em CUSTOM mods =)

cant beat thos...

hahah good one Nick, can i try to point my HIDS east?? mabbie we can do something like a Lexus signal instead of the bat signal

Quick Reply: Question about tinting windows