RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

some vibration and braking problems, please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-10, 08:41 PM
jetblk328i
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some vibration and braking problems, please help

Hey guys, recently i have been discovering some vibration and braking problems on my 99 rx300. I was wondering if some guys here could shed some light on these problems before i go and bring it to the dealer.

1.Car vibrates whenever I operate the one touch windows. doesn't matter up, down, or which gear, which speed. I can feel and hear a brief vibration.

2. Car vibrates whenever certain times whenever A/C is on.

3. When car is at higher speeds 65+ and with constant force on throttle, it feels that sometimes the throttle is working and sometimes its not. Its hard to explain but you can feel the car surging ahead sometimes and sometimes it isnt. Its kind of like cruise control on a road with some minor inclines. It isn't as noticeable but its a similar feeling.

4. I just got this problem yesterday, oddly enough, 2 days after i went and got my state safety and emissions testing done at a local meineke. When i use the brakes at lower speeds (below 40), i can hear kind of a rustling/scratching noise coming from the front brakes, its kind of like a dry leaves sound. Then, when the car slows down more, frequency slows down and it sounds more like suspension flex/squeak sound over and over again until i stop. The inspection involves removing the tires and checking the disks so i wonder if they purposefully screwed something up.

Thanks!
Old 06-24-10, 11:50 PM
code58
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

[QUOTE=jetblk328i;5593321 I just got this problem yesterday, oddly enough, 2 days after i went and got my state safety and emissions testing done at a local meineke. When i use the brakes at lower speeds (below 40), i can hear kind of a rustling/scratching noise coming from the front brakes, its kind of like a dry leaves sound. Then, when the car slows down more, frequency slows down and it sounds more like suspension flex/squeak sound over and over again until i stop. The inspection involves removing the tires and checking the disks so i wonder if they purposefully screwed something up.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Could be, but sadly, it's easily a 50% chance that's it's just sloppy workmanship by the mechanic that did the safety inspection. The reason I do all my own work (though I know you can't do your own SI even if you were totally qualified to). I had a safety inspection mechanic do $100's of dollars worth of damage to my car years ago when I had an inspection done. Pretty sad! If I hadn't watched him do it he probably would have denied it. Still had to argue with them to get it fixed.