RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Which alarm is best for the RX?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-02, 02:38 PM
CammOLiPZ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Which alarm is best for the RX?

I have the Viper550 with motion sensors and window modules installed by a local stereo shop. I'm experiencing weird alarm glitches when used in conjunction with the factory alarm. For instance, with the Viper, sometimes the windows will roll up all the way then down a quarter way when pressed armed. This doesn't seem right and that it's intermittent. I can't reproduce it whenever brought in for service. So I was wondering if there are any apparent incompatibilty issues experience by others that have the same components installed? Or success stories from others that have different alarms that works like a charm.
Old 07-08-02, 03:31 PM
commack4
Driver

When I installed my window weathergards a similar problem existed. Try to see if there is an obstruction in the window channel causing the safety to kick in and lower the window half way. In addition, there is a function built into the factory remote, holding down the disarm for a longer period will cause all windows and the moonroof to open. The first area I addressed sounds more like your problem.
Old 07-08-02, 05:29 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

also, check where you got your alarm installed. mabbie they did something wrong?

btw, how does the viper aftermarket alarm work with the stock Lexus keyless options? Do they get in the way, or does the alarm overrides all of them and the viper is the primary one now?

thanks cuz i'm thinking of a aftermarket alarm like clifford or something if i get a system...
Old 07-09-02, 12:10 PM
CammOLiPZ
Driver School Candidate

commack: i'll have them check for any obstructions/safety triggers, thanks.

spinteews: I now have TWO working alarm systems, which is NOT exactly what I had in mind to begin with. You can arm both alarms and they will both trigger at the same time. The disadvantage is that whenever the Viper chirps, it'll set off the factory alarm to full blast. What I intended to have is for the Viper to give out chirping sounds through its siren before commiting a full blast into the factory's horn. But unfortunately, the Viper doesn't support multiple siren outputs.