RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Subwoofer Install Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-02, 06:41 PM
Jonnystan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ALMOST DONE!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Subwoofer Install Pics!!!-lex-during-install.jpg  
Old 08-19-02, 06:44 PM
Jonnystan
Driver

I sent the wires for the sub imbetween the rear seats. Here is what it looks like.
Attached Thumbnails Subwoofer Install Pics!!!-sub-wiring.jpg  
Old 08-19-02, 06:45 PM
Jonnystan
Driver

Here are the subs in the car.
Attached Thumbnails Subwoofer Install Pics!!!-subs-in-car.jpg  
Old 08-19-02, 06:46 PM
Jonnystan
Driver

mmmmmmmmm........INFINITY........PERFECT............mmmmmmmm
Attached Thumbnails Subwoofer Install Pics!!!-close-up-subs.jpg  
Old 08-19-02, 07:39 PM
Jonnystan
Driver

Well there you have it. From start to finish...the installation. This was a general overview, I have more pics if you want them. Enjoy!
The following users liked this post:
blacknoi (06-15-21)
Old 08-19-02, 07:44 PM
HarrierRX300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to say, MAN, that is one easy to follow guideline to install I have ever seen. Excellent, excellent. Good job. Much props to you jonnystan. Now you got the lows, ever thought about mounting some tweeters for the rear doors? We don't have any, only the fronts...=)
Old 08-20-02, 10:08 AM
Jonnystan
Driver

Haha thanks for the props.

I have actually thought of installing some component speakers in the rear...but of course it has just been thinking, nothing defenite. I cant decide whether they should face rear-ward or forwards (kinda creating surround sound?).
Old 08-20-02, 11:07 AM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Jonnystan
Haha thanks for the props.

I have actually thought of installing some component speakers in the rear...but of course it has just been thinking, nothing defenite. I cant decide whether they should face rear-ward or forwards (kinda creating surround sound?).
I said GODDAMN Jonnystan that's hot! I'm really impressed with the job you've shown here - thanks for the info too. I haven't ever really had the bug to upgrade the stock sound system because it's pretty slammin' right outta the box (compared to most stock systems and even some aftermarket one's), but I wouldn't be opposed to addin' a bigger/better sub at some point... not my top priority for the RX, but you've got me inspired to think about it at some point.
Nice work visually - and it sounds great too?
ck
Old 08-20-02, 11:43 AM
Swing913
Pole Position

That was a nice detailed install, any feedback on the Infinity 12" Subs, have you try any other brands? I am not sure if Infinity is the best brand for subs. Have you installed a head unit or something like that??
Old 08-20-02, 12:37 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Looks great jonnystan. I don't see how you can take apart the RX like that to work on it...it pains me :eek:

How hard is it to disconnect the subwoofers and take out the box for more cargo room?
Old 08-20-02, 03:01 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

BEAUTIFUL WORK MAN!!!

hey PM me or something cuz i'm gonna receive my stuff soon and i think i'll need to call you for some help =P

check out my other post, i'm going to need help on that one... again beautiful job... was it hard? took how long? how about removing the seats and such?
Old 08-20-02, 04:57 PM
Jonnystan
Driver

Swing- As far as the Infinity Perfects go, they have been the best all around subwoofer I have found. They produce excellent SQ (sound quality), but when you push them they also produce excellent SPL (sound pressure level or "boom"). I have tried Jensen subwoofers and Sony....neither stood up to Infinity. Now if you are looking just for SPL, I would consider maybe some Fosgate subs or and MTX sub...or you can get a more specialized sub whose name is not a big. But when it comes to SQ, Infinity is the top-dog. Most of the time I like my music to sound good for ME, hence the great SQ they produce, but every once in a while I like to really crank the system, and they are def. good for that.

I have not installed another head unit. I dont like the thought of useless buttons on my console. The factory head unit is nice enough to get the job done (it is after all made by Pioneer).

LexRX- I too was apprehensive about pulling all the panels off and stuff, but as long as you take your time and dont force anything, its a piece of cake.

If I want to take out the box I just disconnect the wires and pull the box out giving me cargo room. Would take about 30 secs.

Spinteews- Alright I will get up with you so I can help you with the install. It really wasnt hard at all. This is only the second system I have installed all by myself, and I did not hit a single snag.....Thank God. All in all it took about 15-18 hours to do the install....most of which was just figuring stuff out.

As far as removing the seats....
This is a bit tricky. If you feel under the carpet directly behind the seats, you will feel a small board. Pull up on this. Now you should see a bolt with a strap that holds the seat. This strap is what keeps the seat from sliding any further forwards. Remove the bolt. Now you can slide the seats forward and you will be able to see the bolts holding down the seat. There are 2 of them and they are 14mm I think. Remove these. Then remove the small plastic covers on the front of the seats (they pop off on the sides). This will expose the bolts. Take those babies and your seat is disconnected!! Fold down the seat and pull it right on out!!

I recommend taking the single seat out first and then you will have more room to get the larger seat. It will take two people to get it in and out.
Old 08-20-02, 06:40 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

right on... i'm keeping these tips handy... i 'm one step closer to beautiful music
Old 08-20-02, 06:41 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

another thing, do i HAVE to take out the seats?
Old 08-20-02, 09:08 PM
Jonnystan
Driver

Ahhh good point. You only have to take out the seats if you are planning on mounting the amp under the seat. If it is going in the trunk, say for example, on the actual box, then NO, you do not have to remove the rear seats. Where you mount is up to you...I just wanted it out of the way so I can have more trunk room.

Quick Reply: Subwoofer Install Pics!!!