RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Subwoofer Install Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-02, 09:06 PM
Jonnystan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paddy- That is a GREAT price. It retails for $400 on Crutchfield.

To install the basslink-
You would just follow the guide I already made. Only difference is you wouldnt have to run wire to the subs separately. I had a cool idea-not sure if it would work.....but there is alot of room under the rear seats....more than it looks. I wonder if it would be possible to wire one or two of those under the rear seats. That would be a tight install! Just wondering guess I should check the measurements.

Also- Everyone check out the ebay auctions. There are Headrest TVs specifically for the RX selling. They are already in the headrest...looks really good. $650 for two screens already installed...dont quote me on that.
Old 08-22-02, 09:27 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Basslink...Couldn't you just run a line from the stock sub through a converter? Don't have to mess with the stock amp or the back seats.
Old 08-22-02, 09:49 PM
Jonnystan
Driver

Absolutely. I was just saying the seat thing as an idea. You can run all wires without removing the rear seats. You would have to remove the front seat to get to the sub. It is very easy though.
Old 08-22-02, 10:33 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Have to remove the seat to get to this wiring harness?
Attached Thumbnails Subwoofer Install Pics!!!-wide-subwoofer-1-.jpg  
Old 08-22-02, 11:54 PM
RX300TC
Pole Position

Originally posted by Paddy Wagon
Basslink...Couldn't you just run a line from the stock sub through a converter? Don't have to mess with the stock amp or the back seats.
Don't need a converter... the basslink's have both line level and speaker level inputs.

Unless there is something wrong the units, I'd say you found a kick-a** bargain.
Old 08-23-02, 12:09 AM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

I just looked thru online discounters...Can even get a 3 year extended warranty for $19.95 more

http://www.dealtime.com/DealSearch/G...&PrdId=2106034

http://www.streetprices.com/Electron.../SP727775.html

http://www.bizrate.com/marketplace/s..._id=200&sort=5
Old 08-23-02, 01:41 AM
Jonnystan
Driver

I think you need a converter. I opened up the stock sub and there is no amp inside which means that the input is already amplified. If it were too strong a signal you could blow the Basslink. You might could get by, but to be on the safe side I would go ahead and spend the $23, if for nothing else peace of mind.

I would imagine you want to take the stock sub out anyway (why have a useless sub under there), and to do this you have to remove the seat. So since you have to do that anyways, while your under there might as well go ahead and throw a hi-low filter in. At least in my opinion you should.
Old 08-23-02, 07:43 PM
FCobra94
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Bangin install dude! I'd be motivated to do the same but...mom probably won't appreciate the bass as much as I would

For everyone thinking of Infinity Kappa's you should alos check out the Audiomobile MASS series...I know you probably haven't heard of that brand but for the past few years these things have exploded onto the scene. If you check the forums over on www.sounddomain.com (which by the way is a fanstastic car audio forum) you will see that more then a a handfull of people have been replacing TWO 12" Infinity Kappa Perfects w/ ONE Audiomobile MASS 2012 and it has hit much harder and cleaner w/ the same amount of power being fed to those two Infinity's! :eek: Not knockin those subs because those were gonna be in my trunk at one time until I heard about the other ones...now I have neither cuz I ran out of money, but hey...what are ya gonna do They usually feed the pair or the one sub w/ a JBL Powervalve 1200.1 which puts out about 1375w RMS and that one sub will hold all that power by itself all day long...

For more info on those check out www.audiomobileinc.com

But yeah, keep us updated on future progress because the walk-through was fantastic
Old 08-24-02, 12:39 AM
Jonnystan
Driver

Thanks for the props

Having Infinitys is starting to kinda be a tradition of mine, so I doubt I will ever have a chance to put anything else in....but I will pass the word along to friends and the like about the other brand. Thanks for the input!
Old 08-28-02, 05:11 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

I went to Circuit City today and see that they are selling the Infinity Basslink now for $299. That thing looks MUCH bigger in person.
Old 08-28-02, 05:44 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

I'm just looking for some extra kick and woomph.

What about installing a second stock subwoofer?
I saw one on e-bay.
Old 08-28-02, 09:32 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

You wouldn't have the frequencty response with the OEM sub that you can achieve with a 10" or 12" sub. It's just not big enough to produce the low - booming - frequencies that can bring a smile while listening to your Jazz, Rock, Pop, etc
Old 08-28-02, 10:09 PM
RX300TC
Pole Position

Ok folks...

I have an old Audio Source Real-Time Analyzer (RTA) in a box somewhere (I use to do high-end home audio in another lifetime). I probably will be adding a subwoofer, but I want to see what the current frequency response is in the cabin. If my hunch is correct, adding a BassLink without removing the stock subwoofer will be kick-a**. The stock woofer can fill in the "high" low-end and the basslink can fill in the "low" low-end. Overall this should be great cuz it will lessen the strain on all the other components.

The only tricky part is finding the ideal crossover point for the Basslink... that's where the RTA comes in. I also have to pick up a calibrated pink-noise source on CD in order to complete the experiment.

I'll post at least an octave repsonse graph when I'm done. Should be interesting.
Old 08-28-02, 10:31 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Excellent idea, things work well with the right tools!
Old 08-28-02, 11:50 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by LexRX
I went to Circuit City today and see that they are selling the Infinity Basslink now for $299.
Hmmm. I'm taking a Long weekend starting tomorrow. I think I'll roll on over to Circuit City. If I can get the Basslink, remote (gotta have it) and installation for $400...Sold American!

Quick Reply: Subwoofer Install Pics!!!