RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

where's the amp at

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-02, 01:45 AM
Jonnystan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spin- Yes I believe that is correct. Check with Shonuff though because you may be able to do it from the spare tire area...and not have to remove the rear seats.
Old 08-23-02, 04:12 AM
Shonuff
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can reach it without taking out the rear seats..........but it is a pain in the ***. even with the seat out it is going to be hard to pull out the metal piece that covers the amp............

there is no performance loss of taking the line straight off of the sub................i have to check my wiring diagrams for the remote wire.
Old 09-05-02, 01:39 AM
sinista
Driver School Candidate

I got a local car audio place to run the remote line and the rca's. Cost me $75 which wasn't too bad.

sinista
Old 09-05-02, 01:45 AM
sinista
Driver School Candidate

Jonnystan,

Would I have to remove the rear car seats to get at the ground that you used? For the last two days I've just been running my amp off of a temporary ground, but once I get the box in, I'll have to wire it differently. I'd like to keep the wires as out of site as possible. I wasn't able to determine from your pics where the ground was exactly. Thanks

sinista
Old 09-05-02, 02:48 AM
Jonnystan
Driver

You may be able to pull the driver side rear seat forward and get to the ground. If not just remove that seat and pull back the carpet...you cant miss the ground (there are 2 other wires being ground to it).
Old 03-04-03, 06:35 AM
RX300VA
Driver School Candidate

Smile Audio Mavens - New RX300 owner/amp question

Hi,
I've been reading this thread with great interest. I have a 2000 RX300 with the Premium amp, and might be willing to make some modest improvements in the stereo. Is it possible to easily swap the RX300 Nakamichi amp (slightly more powerful) with the stock "Premium" amp? This should be pretty much plug 'n' play, I would think. Then, I am thinking about the DynAudio 240 speaker system, mentioned in a previous thread - if I could find an install shop in the Northern VA area that I'd trust to custom-mount the tweeters, in particular. Does this sound like a worthwhile project?
Old 03-04-03, 11:40 PM
salimshah

Received 1,072 Likes on 965 Posts
Default Re: Audio Mavens - New RX300 owner/amp question

Originally posted by RX300VA
Hi,
I've been reading this thread with great interest. I have a 2000 RX300 with the Premium amp, and might be willing to make some modest improvements in the stereo. Is it possible to easily swap the RX300 Nakamichi amp (slightly more powerful) with the stock "Premium" amp? This should be pretty much plug 'n' play, I would think. Then, I am thinking about the DynAudio 240 speaker system, mentioned in a previous thread - if I could find an install shop in the Northern VA area that I'd trust to custom-mount the tweeters, in particular. Does this sound like a worthwhile project?
The difference in Power output is so small that the effort is not worthwile. The Wattage follows the square law. ie twice of 8watts is 64 watts. Slightly more powerful is like a drop in a bucket,

Salim
Old 03-05-03, 02:04 AM
LophatRX
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hey Jonnystan

I was reading the posts, and was wondering how you like your Infinity Subs? What kind of box are they in and what kind of amp are you pushing them with.
I was looking into this similar idea of tapping into the factory amp, but if it doesn't push that much power then I will add another. I am wanting to replace all the factory mids with Infinity Kappa mids. But not sure if the output would be enough to power them. I think they should be alright, because over all the factory system in my 02 sounds pretty loud, except the bass (of course). Most of my friends are impressed, but I want to get rid of the distortion that you do get it you turn it up too loud. (My guilty pleasure)

Last edited by LophatRX; 03-05-03 at 02:08 AM.
Old 03-05-03, 02:05 AM
LophatRX
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hey Jonnystan

I was reading the posts, and was wondering how you like your Infinity Subs? What kind of box are they in and what kind of amp are you pushing them with.
I was looking into this similar idea of tapping into the factory amp, but if it doesn't push that much power then I will add another. I am wanting to replace all the factory mids with Infinity Kappa mids. But not sure if the output would be enough to power them. I think they should be alright, because over all the factory system in my 02 sounds pretty loud, except the bass (of course). Most of my friends are impressed, but I want to get rid of the distortion that you do get it you turn it up too loud. (My guilty pleasure)
Old 12-03-11, 12:04 PM
saudiboy
Pit Crew

Sorry, if this has been addressed elsewhere (did a bit of a forum search), but how do you remove the metal piece which covers the amp?
Old 12-03-11, 08:47 PM
amblyn
Rookie

Originally Posted by saudiboy
Sorry, if this has been addressed elsewhere (did a bit of a forum search), but how do you remove the metal piece which covers the amp?
maybe i like doing things the hard way but when i installed 12 inch sub and amp i tapped into wires from amp behind passenger seat i took rear carpet out unclipped carpet flap behin seat folden seatsdown unplugged harness tapped it plugged it in and boom boom boom only issue i had was finding where to put remote turn on (could not find int. fuse box for the life of me) so used cig lighter with switch my sub starts to humm if volume down.

no removing seats or spare tire or metal cover.

any one have idea how to prevent humming when volume down