RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

What do you RX300 owners do for a living?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-02, 12:49 AM
Lucent
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Financial Analyst/DBA
Old 10-03-02, 11:48 PM
whitels
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife who drives the RX is a VP for a financial institution.
Old 10-04-02, 03:10 PM
kirk

I'm a software developer (Java, .Net , Lotus Notes) and my wife is a Sales Consultant for a residential plumbing & appliance company (though her degree is in Psychology and she's thinking of getting back into an Industrial Psych postition).

Kirk
Old 10-08-02, 01:54 PM
EnzoRX
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a CPA who works in San Francisco. My fiance mainly drives the RX300 now as her commuter car.

Man, it must be nice to be driving an RX300 when you are in high school and university. I wish I drove something that nice when I was in uni.
Old 12-05-02, 10:15 AM
pierce
Rookie

i plan on buying a 2003 rx300 with navigation by this weekend. maybe even today. excited!!

i am a web applications developer/designer.
Old 12-06-02, 09:23 AM
Chuckieb
Driver School Candidate

Project Manager for an IT consulting company. My wife does the same for a different consulting company
Old 12-06-02, 03:03 PM
LeeRX
Driver School Candidate

I'm a CPA working for a mid-sized accounting firm.
Old 12-06-02, 03:40 PM
Goncookoo

HAHA, I thought LexRX changed his handle to LeeRX, but alas its another person!

Anyway, I'm a financial software engineer for this company in Natick, MA (most engineers should be able to figure this out, also, NPR broadcasts our paid sponsorship commercials).
Old 12-06-02, 11:58 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Originally posted by Goncookoo
HAHA, I thought LexRX changed his handle to LeeRX, but alas its another person!

Anyway, I'm a financial software engineer for this company in Natick, MA (most engineers should be able to figure this out, also, NPR broadcasts our paid sponsorship commercials).
It does look awfully similar, I'm still who I say I am Welcome Lee.
Old 12-10-02, 01:54 AM
4u2nv
Driver School Candidate

im currently working for a new car dealer as a service technition
for Volkswagen,bought my rx300 in feb of 02 w/22k miles
for a price tag of $25,600 w/out tax from my used car manager
yes i still live with my folks im 20 years old,but least i take care of my vehicles right.
Old 12-11-02, 02:31 PM
mdw131
Lead Lap

My sister drives the RX in our family. My dad originally had an RX but he gave it to my sister to go for college as he made a deal with her. His deal was if you pick a college that offers you a full ride(scholarships) then I'll get you any car you want. His rationale was it was better to spend the 4-5000 a year on lease payments then 30,000 grand. She wanted a Boxster but my dad said no as they wanted 5000 down for 500 a month so he gave her his used RX and he got a new GS. She drove that for two yeas until the lease expired last year and she got a new RX the silversport.

Last year I went to college and the same deal was on the table. So I took his GS300 and he got a new Jaguar XK8. The lease expired this past summer so I got a new GS.

Since my dad finances this all I guess Ill say his profession. Hes a colombian drug dealer....Alright hes not but I have a neighbor who is. He somehow owns a Ferrari 360 Spider, Bently Azure, Rolls-Royce Seraph, Porsche Turbo, Range Rover, and a couple Mercedes.

Anyway my Dad owns a medical supply company. Specifically for when people have knee surgery or shoulder surgery, he provides the machine that Continuously Passively Moves the limb hence the name CPM's. He also provides them the ice cooler and brace(if needed). He started in Miami, put a national company servicing the area out of business, and now has spread to Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Tampa, and soon Orlando. The best part is he is doing this all while going to Law school full time. I swear he is a massochist.
Old 12-12-02, 11:25 PM
Jonnystan
Driver

I am a Pre-Med student here at beautiful Appalachian State. I am a freshman, and my deal was kinda the same as listed above: scholarship=car. Thanks dad
Old 12-13-02, 01:14 PM
kutscher
Lead Lap

Default What Rx School

I am an assistant professor of pharmacy as well as a psychopharmacologist. Are you going to do a residency? That is when I purchased my GS, and hopefully I will get an RX real soon!
Old 12-13-02, 05:44 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Default What I do

I'm the Asst. Controller for the Real Estate division of Fortune magazine's "Most Respected Company".

The RX is actually my wife's, and she is the Controller for Lexus of Manhattan.
Old 12-14-02, 06:13 PM
minow
Driver School Candidate

Hello Kutscher -

I'm not sure if you were addressing me or the other pharmacy students, but I go to Wilkes University Pharmacy program in PA. I'll be heading into Nuclear pharmacy hopefully. Can't wait till May to graduate and take the boards. The closest I come to getting an RX is just the net for now. I have to take care of business (Rotations, Boards, landing a nuclear job) before I can seriously think of an RX. Can't wait for my turn. At this point anything is an upgrade to my beat up 87' Tercel, but it really does a great job. I can't complain, no serious repairs needed throughout the years I owned it.

Well, back to reviewing my notes for the boards.

Quick Reply: What do you RX300 owners do for a living?