RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Hey Jonnystan - get your RMM yet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-02, 07:04 PM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Jonnystan - get your RMM yet?

I'm still waiting for mine and I was told it would be delivered today at the VERY latest by Eric at RMM... Hrmmmmm.....
ck
Old 08-27-02, 09:28 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

Eric is a good guy, he was the one i talked to also about my front bar and my exhuast... good luck
Old 08-28-02, 12:19 AM
Jonnystan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya I called him last Friday about the exhaust-here is the deal:

He said that they were backordered. Apparantly they were not stocked with any because they are rarely ordered...and now they have three orders! Mine, yours, and some other guys. Anyways, one part they needed to make the exhaust was on backorder...therefore causing the delay. They said it would be a maximum of 2 weeks before they ship, and that was Friday I believe. So I guess we have got some waiting on our hands. I am hoping they will upgrade our shipping method or something since we are having to wait so long....but I dunno.

Spin- Eric is really nice and helpful isnt he?
Old 08-28-02, 10:38 AM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Yeah Spin/Jonny,
Eric is a really nice guy - I called him last night... I feel bad for him because it sounds like he got bum info from the guy they outsource this product to. He was very apologetic and stated they'd get it out the door to us as soon as they arrive...
Eric told me the same thing - that they were on backorder and there are 3 orders, which is somewhat rare since they sell very few during a whole year of this exhaust... he also told me it's taking so long this time because the subcontractor that's building the exhaust just moved into a bigger shop and is taking longer to set up the tooling than was expected...
Being in sales I can understand all of this - you promise something to a customer based upon the best/most up to date info that you have at the time, but sometimes it's out of your hands.
Oh well, at least we know the product is well worth waiting for... but that just makes it all the harder to wait, right??!!!
ck
Old 09-12-02, 01:19 PM
Jonnystan
Driver

What is the deal this is taking forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????
Old 09-12-02, 01:33 PM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Yeah man I'm gettin a little miffed. I'll call today and rattle the cage a bit. I'll let you know what I find out - aight?
Old 09-16-02, 02:10 PM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

So I called last week Friday - can't remember who I talked to, but it wasn't Eric because he was off... I was told that the guys at RMM store were told by the machinist who is making the exhausts that they would be in by the end of the week last week... well, that was Friday and they still weren't in, so I'm hoping early this week.

Something else I learned was that there were serious quality control issues with the previous machinist that was making the RX3 exhausts for RMM, and that RMM had to reject a ton of them, leading to the switch in manufacturers, and ultimately the delay we are experiencing now... that and the fact that the new manufacturer moved into another shop in the meantime, which slowed production even further.

It all sounds believable enough, but who knows... All I know is that I'm thinking 2 weeks is my HARD deadline for this thing and I'll start looking elsewhere... This thing has been pushed back too many times.
Old 09-16-02, 03:17 PM
Shonuff
Pole Position

there is a rmm exhaust on ebay for the rx.....................
Old 09-16-02, 03:22 PM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Shonuff
there is a rmm exhaust on ebay for the rx.....................
A new one or a used one?
Old 09-16-02, 07:33 PM
Jonnystan
Driver

Ya it is used....but the tip has been painted black.

As if I werent already pissed because of the wait....i got my credit card statement and they have already charged it!!! Good companies shouldnt charge a card until they ship. I am sorry but I wont be buying RMM's grille like I had originally planned...

Eric seemed like a good guy when I talked to him...but I too called Friday and whoever I talked to was anything but nice. In fact he was just an @$$.
Old 09-17-02, 04:14 AM
Shonuff
Pole Position

the tip is black........but it is painted over chrome. all you need is some steel wool, paint will rub right off of the chrome. same thing goes for the rx grill.
Old 09-17-02, 10:47 AM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

I can't remember the name of the guy I talked to on Friday, but maybe he was an *** because he thought that you and I were the same person calling twice? That's really no excuse to be an *** though...

And hey, if they charged your card already, I'm not even sure that's legal - in fact I'm 99% sure it's NOT legal to charge the full amount here in WI - the most a vendor of any kind can charge for goods prior to delivery is 20% held in good faith as a down payment. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure what they did IS NOT legal... And whether it's legal or not, sure seems like a BAD business practice to me.

You know what another bad business practice is? Promising an ABSOLUTE deadline 3 different times and missing it all 3 times!

Jonnystan - if you want to, you can PM me and we can conference call them together - I can dial them in with both of us on the line from my office phone. I'm getting tired of the runaround.
Do they think that customers don't talk to one another or something? I think we ought to make it very clear that the opposite is true. Let me know what you think...

Anyone else here on CL have any opinions/ideas as to the best way to approach this situation?
Old 09-17-02, 05:55 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

hrm, i have also talked to somoene before other than eric and ya, he as an *** also...

but ya, i dont think they can charge you guys yet until the item is shipped. Talk to eric and work something out. Since you guys getting all these delays ask him for some kind of compensation... tell him you guys know people who have purchased stuff from him before and see what he can do...

good luck
Old 09-17-02, 06:15 PM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Originally posted by spinteews
hrm, i have also talked to somoene before other than eric and ya, he as an *** also...

but ya, i dont think they can charge you guys yet until the item is shipped. Talk to eric and work something out. Since you guys getting all these delays ask him for some kind of compensation... tell him you guys know people who have purchased stuff from him before and see what he can do...

good luck
good advice spin - thanks! I think jonnystan and I are going to conference call them together on Friday and see what we can do.
Old 09-22-02, 04:59 PM
leolexus
Driver School Candidate

CK1_RX3 & Jonnystan-

I feel your pain. I must be the third person that ordered the exhaust. I've been talking to Eric for the past three weeks and getting the same run around.

I plan to call them on Monday morning and try to speak to a Manager/Owner. Based on that conversation, I'm may follow up with a letter detailing the conversation with hopefully a resolution that they will promise to. I have already started looking into reporting them to BBB.org for both internet and local sales.

I will let you know what happens.

Quick Reply: Hey Jonnystan - get your RMM yet?