RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

P0125, P1150, and P1155

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-11, 01:52 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

Sorry, I was away for a day, taking care of some business.

The car will always adjust but does more so early on. We also have an 06 4Runner and it does the same thing.

I actually found that when I used to race, it made no real difference if I floored it after resetting it. If I drove it as I mentioned it above, it got the best times. The only variable that would help a bit better would be loading the vehicle down with people after resetting it (i.e., taking my cousins/friends up to the track with me). Since I don't do that anymore (there's not a 1/4 mile track in this county or the next), I follow the procedure I mentioned before).
Old 10-15-11, 07:33 PM
AdamArnold
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered the DENSO (Thank you!) front A/F sensor from amazon for 85 bucks, but the woman came home with a car she said she never wants to drive again. Stalling all the way home.

So I had to go see Manny, Moe, and Jack, and take it in the **** for a new sensor I could change that day and save this awful car from a trade in or scrap heap....(oh the drama!)

I was more worried about the scares of frozen threads, that I disconnected it, took a hand jigsaw and cut around the bottom of that brass tit. Half way around, cause there is ceramics in there. Bust it with a hammer, and now I can get my 5 point 1/2" impact socket and breaker bar on it.

It seems temping to use that 1/4" special sensor socket, but one of the sides is missing, and that smells like a one way ticket to Stripsville, population me. I'll guess those are more inclined for installing.

PB Blasted the heck out of her for two days, even squirting it down the new hole I made from the titectomy. Hell, if it can get in there from the inside, I'm all over it. Also used another members idea of wrapping the flat part of the hex nut while applying the PB Blaster. I beat that tit silly in that department!!!

The next morning, with an aching butt from the Pep Boys experience, I came over with my socket and breaker bar, ready to do Battle. Put the socket on, gave a light beginning pull, and it came loose and I took it out with my fingers!!!!

Installed the new Bosch, reattached the Negative Lead. She started, it kept running, I reset the clock and radio. Take it for a spin. No Stalls, No dash lights, just a fine, smooth machine.

This Lexus is the first one I have ever driven, and I put 40k miles on her, taking my fiance(4th stage Melanoma survivor of 4 year) back and forth from West Palm Beach, to the Moffit Clinic in Tampa for scans 3 times a year (No Cancer). 5 hour drives, I've gone both ways in a day twice. That car is the nicest, fastest, smoothest car I have ever driven. So when she started talkin' trade in, I had to jump on getting her back to her glory.

She now loves the car,

So endeth the lesson...

Thanks to all
Adam Austin Arnold
http://www.youtube.com/user/tx644
Old 01-29-17, 03:45 PM
Hec418
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 lexus es300

Someone please help me. I purchased a oxygen sensor because i was getting a P1155 code i know its the front 02 sensor by radiator. I bought a Denso 02 sensor from ebay it came from California. I replaced it and i resetted the with scanner. Codes went away for atleast until i drove to next town over. Then 2 different codes came up now P1150 and P0125. Im lost and dont know what to do next. Theses 02 sensors are not cheap but need a fast fix inspection due Feb 1 2017. What is the issue now. Also when i was installing 02 sensor the back part behind the the where you put the wrench feels like it got loose it wiggles. Did i break it? HELP ME !!!!!