RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

money no object.... what would u do to ur RX300

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-02, 01:41 AM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default money no object.... what would u do to ur RX300

if u had unlimted money to spend on ur rx what would u do to it.

id do suttle things like
body kit,
22 rims, (the ones that still spin when u stop)
full exhaust
turbos, or supercharger, or nos, or all three. lol
put airbags or hydrolics at all 4 corners
then do a complete full stereo job, all from audiobahn. maybe like 4 or 6 12'' subs, three way components in front and rear. multipal amps etc, fiberglass install with kicks etc
then put tv's in the headrests, and a 10'' one overhead for the rear, then up front id put tvs in the sunvisors. then have PS2, X-Box, and game cube, plus a dvd and vcr for the hell of it. this way all 5 tvs can play something different.
add another tv in the rear view mirror. for back up and any other game, or movie
also i would add another sunroof for the rear seats
strobes in all exterior lights, (simulating emergency vehicles)
redo leather to a much better kind, (not sure which)
change all wood and steering wheel to real carbon fibor. (matches color scheme of black on black or silver)
hmm i think thats it, theres prob so much more id do, but i am having a brain freeze. ill add more later.
SO WHAT WOULD U DO!

PS. if anyone does one of these. i want the credit for the idea. lol
Old 09-10-02, 12:34 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MONSTER TRUCK!
Attached Thumbnails money no object.... what would u do to ur RX300-rx3120.jpg  
Old 09-10-02, 01:17 PM
wwest
Lead Lap

Default Mods/useful

Replace the fluid in the viscous clutch so it has a more reasonable, higher, attack rate and add an over-running clutch so the stiffened VC didn't couple the front BRAKING HP to the rear.

Redesign the rear strut/suspension system so snow chains could be safely used.

Or none of the above and simply rewrite the TRAC firmware to duplicate the Sequoia AWD functionality.

Add a bi-xenon capability.

Add an "economy mode" to the climate control such that the A/C compressor doesn't needlessly run below 55F. That would also require a redesign to ALWAYS use HEAT to defrost/defog the windshield.

For RXes with Nav rewrite the "control panel" ECU firmware to religiously (color, contrast, character/icon size, etc.) replicate the non-nav display functionality.

Rewrite the Nav firmware to eliminate the many known bugs and make it's operation less operator intrusive and much more ergonomic operationally.

Add rear quarter panel remotely operated window winglets.

Last edited by wwest; 09-10-02 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-10-02, 01:29 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

wow very nice replys. yea so much more can be done to the rx, i like those rear window openers u talka bout and fixing all the bugs in teh nav and such.
how much also stupid things like, passenger seat memory, and like 12 way seats, also ac/heated seats and massagers, also telescoping steerin wheel. of course powered. oh and the seat belt height ajustments to be powered. and also the seat headrests can be powered. also how about a manual rx. or at least the option of a steptronic transmission. and along mated to a V-8
Old 09-10-02, 04:30 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

DJ, I like your "subtle" mods I wouldn't follow this pic exactly, but it looks pretty good.
Attached Thumbnails money no object.... what would u do to ur RX300-rx.jpg  
Old 09-10-02, 06:13 PM
RX300wannabeIS300
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Here's a thought... If I'd have unlimeted $$$, I'd sell my RX300 and buy X5is. C'mon... fire away!!

By the way, that pic above from Paddy Wagon is by far the best on this site!

Last edited by RX300wannabeIS300; 09-10-02 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-10-02, 09:20 PM
Swing913
Pole Position

hEY LexRX, where did you find that picture? I want to get the front bar, can you post up the site pls, thanx.
Old 09-10-02, 10:17 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

swing 913, its from the rod millin store. i think the web site is Rod millin .com but im not sure if that is the correct spelling, sorry,.
Old 09-11-02, 12:11 AM
wwest
Lead Lap

Default ME...!!??

I'd buy the Cayenne and transplant a GS300 engine with a variable speed hydraulically driven supercharger.
Old 09-11-02, 12:34 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

This is the website that I got the picture from. It isn't in English. I believe the company is Delta that makes those large diameter side tubes and A-bars. You can go to http://www.delta4x4.com, but it's in German. The company does ship to the U.S. Do a search for Delta 4x4 and you should come up with some results of domestic aftermarket companies selling these.
Old 09-11-02, 08:23 AM
LophatRX
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Money no object

Pretty Good Reply DJ,

I would definately put Airbags all the way around, and maybe a 2 inch body drop. Would probably only put 20's but they would be HRE's or Veilsides. A Brembo slotted big brake upgrade to maybe 16 up front and 14 out back. Definately a supercharger. Duel 4 inch tips with 2 1/2 pipes from the HEADERS back.
Change the rear hatch so it opened sidewayz instead of up, remove the odd side plastic and have it filled with sheet metal then painted to match, since mine is the 2002 Idigo Ink Pearl( I think that is the name)....which is just the politically correct way of saying blue...( LOL). Replace the front and rear bumper with airdamn up front and rear skirt all painted to match. Fill in the license frame section and have it relocated to the rear skirt.
Remove the Luggage racks and put a full power sliding rag from just behind the factory sunroof back. Factory HID's, and Small stereo system with the TV's and the works. But only a two 12 Kicker Solo baric square subs and replace all the factory mids with Infinity seperates and tweeters. And run about 1000 watts through the system.
Tint the front windows to match the side and back.
And for now that would be it. ( Isn't that enough) LOL.

Here is a good fake image to get me started.....=)

P.S. Excuse the crudeness I made this in about the same time it took me to type this message. =P
Attached Thumbnails money no object.... what would u do to ur RX300-rxbackview.jpg  

Last edited by LophatRX; 09-11-02 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-09-02, 06:47 PM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Talking Reviving this thread!

The RX3 forum seems like its kinda died lately - maybe everybody is too busy doin MODZ and not sittin on the PC like me... Well, I can't help it when I'm at work from 8-5, and if ya can't be moddin, might as well be researching modz and dreamin about 'em!

I really like LophatRX's rendition - I think the RX looks sweet dumped w/ front air dam, rear skirt, and ESPECIALLY dual exhaust!

Okay, I'm gonna take my stab at this now, but I'm gonna keep it somewhat conservative and reasonable, more about what I'm ACTUALLY gonna do at some point...

My ideal RX:

1. Millenium Silver - I'm currently undecided if I prefer the monocolor look in all silver, or the two-tone look w/ darker grey sparkle paint on the bottom panels... either look is sweet, but kinda prefer having the two-tone paint.

2. Lighting: HID's, change parking lights to blue to match HID's, yellow ion foggies, cleared front sidemarkers w/ blue bulbies to match HIDs and parking lights, '01 and later style tailights (Altezza-style) w/ Phillips Silvervision bulbs, REMOVE the orange turn signal lens, all other lights (interior, reverse, vanity, license plate, etc.), changed to superwhite.

3. Body modz: rear spoiler & front air dam only - there's a great looking pic of a silver RX in the gallery w/ just the front air dam and no side skirts - I think it looks better/faster/tougher w/o any additional sideskirts... For the grill, the Tom's grill is my favorite, but w/o the tom's logo attached. The luggage rack should also be taken off IMO. As for hardware/emblems, I like Chrome all the way, and everything should be removed except the "L" on the rear, the "L" on the wheels, and MAYBE an "L" on the grill.

4. "Sid-did-it-for XXXX" pinstripe (some may know what I'm talking about here)

5. OEM-style chrome rimz - I know I'm gonna get some hate here, but I've really come to like the look of a bit more tire on an SUV (specifically an RX) such as w/ our stock 16" rimz... Plus they weigh less so the RX will be faster. I don't mind bigger rimz though if the RX is DUMPED, but still like the look of more tire... This leads me to the next item >>>>

6. Lowered 1.5 to 2" (electronically adjustable suspension like on the LX470 would be even better, but not as realistic)

7. Performance - although a supercharger or turbo (any blower really) would be nice, realistically I'll never spend that kind of $$$ on an engine mod - I'd buy another car before I'd do that... I've been happy with the WR intake and cold air box, looking forward to my RMM Exhaust which is on it's way, and am strongly considering an ECU or other air/fuel controller in the future.

There's probably more, but that's good enough for now - gotta get some work done here!
Old 10-10-02, 03:06 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

SUPERCHARGER!!!

haha thast all i ever wanted in life...

o btw, that Delta 4x4 A-Bar and side steps... are EXPENSIVE... cost WAYYYY to much it took me like a month to translate and talk to them about it and it ended up to be 900 for the side steps... HORRIBLE!!!

but those rims look beautiful on the rx3
Old 10-10-02, 03:12 PM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Originally posted by spinteews
SUPERCHARGER!!!

haha thast all i ever wanted in life...

o btw, that Delta 4x4 A-Bar and side steps... are EXPENSIVE... cost WAYYYY to much it took me like a month to translate and talk to them about it and it ended up to be 900 for the side steps... HORRIBLE!!!

but those rims look beautiful on the rx3
Would look real nice no doubt... but I've given up on barz and rimz on the RX - those modz both weigh a ton and slow you down - all I want is SPEEEEED. I know, I know - shoulda bought a IS, but unfortunately with an IS you can't tow a friggin boat or be truly safe in WI during the winter... Maybe if I got back to work instead of spending all my time on the CL forum I'd make enough $$$ to afford another car... Hmmmm...