RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models
Old 12-16-14, 10:50 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lexus IS Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

HALO Headlight, Clear side marker and LED rear reflector light installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-11, 06:17 PM
gazi001
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default HALO Headlight, Clear side marker and LED rear reflector light installed

I installed the HALO PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS HEADLAMPS CHROME. I tapped the parking light power source for Halo lamp wires. I used HID for low beam light. I replaced the oem front and rear side markers with clear lens with blue leds. Our RX's has two(2) rear red reflectors R/L without bulb. For the RX 330 and up Lexus uses bulb. So I replaced those with RED LED PARKING/ BRAKE LIGHT. I used the taillights for power source those lights . I have to open the rear bumper cover and trunk trims on both sides. I used the same way out the rear side marker cable goes. Here is some pics.
Attached Thumbnails HALO Headlight, Clear side marker and LED rear reflector light installed-1.jpg   HALO Headlight, Clear side marker and LED rear reflector light installed-2.jpg   HALO Headlight, Clear side marker and LED rear reflector light installed-3.jpg   HALO Headlight, Clear side marker and LED rear reflector light installed-4.jpg   HALO Headlight, Clear side marker and LED rear reflector light installed-5.jpg  

Old 06-18-11, 06:29 PM
gazi001
Lexus Test Driver

Here is more pics in the day time.
Attached Thumbnails HALO Headlight, Clear side marker and LED rear reflector light installed-6.jpg   HALO Headlight, Clear side marker and LED rear reflector light installed-7.jpg   HALO Headlight, Clear side marker and LED rear reflector light installed-8.jpg   HALO Headlight, Clear side marker and LED rear reflector light installed-10.jpg   HALO Headlight, Clear side marker and LED rear reflector light installed-11.jpg  

Old 06-18-11, 06:35 PM
gazi001
Lexus Test Driver

Here is more pics in the evening time with light on.
Attached Thumbnails HALO Headlight, Clear side marker and LED rear reflector light installed-12.jpg   HALO Headlight, Clear side marker and LED rear reflector light installed-13.jpg   HALO Headlight, Clear side marker and LED rear reflector light installed-14.jpg   HALO Headlight, Clear side marker and LED rear reflector light installed-15.jpg   HALO Headlight, Clear side marker and LED rear reflector light installed-17.jpg  

Old 06-18-11, 06:40 PM
gazi001
Lexus Test Driver

Here is some pics with rear red led with parking light on and next is brake pressed.
Attached Thumbnails HALO Headlight, Clear side marker and LED rear reflector light installed-18.jpg   HALO Headlight, Clear side marker and LED rear reflector light installed-19.jpg   HALO Headlight, Clear side marker and LED rear reflector light installed-20.jpg   HALO Headlight, Clear side marker and LED rear reflector light installed-21.jpg   HALO Headlight, Clear side marker and LED rear reflector light installed-22.jpg  

Old 06-20-11, 10:28 PM
Lorider680
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice. Where did youy giet those clear side markers? They look great. I put halos on another car of mine and they weren't as bright as I wanted. I really like your LED bottom reflectors and duel tips. I'm not one for blue lights but to each his own. I would put an amber light in there thogh. It lookds like form the pics provided, your chrome finish on the headlights might muttle some of your light into what looks like someoone driving with brights on. Car looks good. I haven't seen many with in that color.
F
Old 06-21-11, 07:22 PM
gazi001
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks. I bought those light from e-bay. Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_3981wt_939
Old 06-21-11, 09:41 PM
TriniLex
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

Where did you get the RED led bumper lights?

I hope the clear corners are better quality these days.
I purchased some just like these from my gs 300 and they leaked and turned colors withing a few months
Old 06-22-11, 05:58 PM
SethP
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Love the headlights and the rear leds. I too would be interested in knowing where you picked up the rear, red led bar.
Old 06-24-11, 07:31 PM
gazi001
Lexus Test Driver

I bought this red led rear reflector light from following: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_3806wt_1014
Old 09-11-11, 07:56 AM
thug9030
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Bump.. was it hard to replace the side markers
Old 09-11-11, 11:55 AM
SethP
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by thug9030
Bump.. was it hard to replace the side markers
i have seen some talk about this. and the fronts are pretty easy, maybe a 10 minute job per side. Though the backs are a lot harder to get to.
Old 09-11-11, 12:15 PM
thug9030
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by SethP
i have seen some talk about this. and the fronts are pretty easy, maybe a 10 minute job per side. Though the backs are a lot harder to get to.
i thought these markers would be like the older bmw car how you could gently slip over and use a flat-head and pop them out. will i be having to remove a fender or bumper of any sort to get these markers off
Old 09-11-11, 07:41 PM
gazi001
Lexus Test Driver

nop it was easy. Here is the details: Crawl under the wheel well of the side you will be replacing the side marker light. Remove the three screws from the wheel well, close to the fender.
Remove the two bolts on the edge of the fender. Remove the three bolts from under the bottom of the wheel well. Remove the three screws from the cowling, in front of the wheel well, and pull down the cowling.
Reach into the vehicle, and remove the side marker bulb, by rotating it, counterclockwise. Install a replacement bulb.
Push the cowling back into its original position, and reinstall the three screws to the cowling. Reattach the three bolts to the wheel well and two bolts to the fender.
Reinstall the three screws, to secure the wheel well.
Old 09-11-11, 10:29 PM
thug9030
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by gazi001
nop it was easy. Here is the details: Crawl under the wheel well of the side you will be replacing the side marker light. Remove the three screws from the wheel well, close to the fender.
Remove the two bolts on the edge of the fender. Remove the three bolts from under the bottom of the wheel well. Remove the three screws from the cowling, in front of the wheel well, and pull down the cowling.
Reach into the vehicle, and remove the side marker bulb, by rotating it, counterclockwise. Install a replacement bulb.
Push the cowling back into its original position, and reinstall the three screws to the cowling. Reattach the three bolts to the wheel well and two bolts to the fender.
thanks buddy I thought I had to remove the headlight and this and that but that does seem simple.
Old 10-23-11, 10:22 AM
mtom01
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gazi001
My rear side marker on the passenger side broke after I got hit; and the bumper got slightly dislodged too. Will the above steps work to replace the rear passenger side, - side marker. Mine is a 2000 Rx 300.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: HALO Headlight, Clear side marker and LED rear reflector light installed