RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Help please... powered subwoofer install problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-11, 07:48 PM
paintrain
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please... powered subwoofer install problems

could use some expert help here PLEASE

so i bought an amplified bazooka bass tube and tried installing it today. i am using a fast-9999 connector that was included in the kit which wires directly to your factory stereo wire harness with 6 quick connectors. apparently this connection allows you to skip drilling the firewall since the sub draws power form the 12v source in the factory stereo harness. so says the box n directions.

the first problem i ran into was finding a correct wiring diagram for the stereo which i luckily found right here on CL after some searching.

the second is now that it is all connected, wires ran and hidden, i am gettin very little volume out of the sub but it is noticeably audible with the stereo volume **** around 9 or 10 o'clock and is drowned out by the rest of the speakers if turned up any higher.

my concern isnt the ground (i scrapped a small area of primer away in the spare tire compartment and grounded it with a self tapping screw and a large washer.) but i feel like the remote wire that i connected to the corresponding fast connect isnt the correct/best one to use. it is the A1 slot for accessories "ACC GRY/RED" wire.

Im wondering if there is a better spot to connect the remote wire for the amp'd sub since the antenna is useless being that it is down in CD and Tape modes. Its late and i dont feel like pulling the dash out again until morning so hopefully one of u west coast guys will see this and have an answer for me in the morning. it would be great just to here some useful ideas

wiring diagram i used and found here on CL is right here...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2000 RX300 audio diagram.pdf (51.2 KB, 180 views)
Old 08-03-11, 06:27 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 317 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by paintrain
Its late and i dont feel like pulling the dash out again until morning ...
You should be able to get at all of the necessary connections at the amplifier in the rear hatch floor area. Not sure why you are having to pull the head unit/dash? Do you have a voltmeter to check the remote is providing 12v?