RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

"zizi" sound coming from the front passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-11, 06:16 PM
lserlohn
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default "zizi" sound coming from the front passenger side

Hello all,

My car was towed by a tow company due to violation parking. After I got my car back, I found there was a "zizi" sound, or "squeak" comming from the front passenger side. I have never heard of it before. The "zizi" sound happened only several times when the car was a bit shaking caused by the un-flat road.

I am wondering what they did on my car when they were trying to tow my car? Loosen the hand brake?

T
Old 08-22-11, 06:41 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm guessing you aren't a French speaker.

Check under the car for obvious breakage or get it to a mechanic as soon as possible, might be serious.
Old 08-22-11, 07:04 PM
carguy07
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 66 Posts

Think it could just be a rusty rotor from sitting? Does hitting the brakes change the sound?
Old 08-22-11, 07:20 PM
lserlohn
Pole Position

Originally Posted by carguy07
Think it could just be a rusty rotor from sitting? Does hitting the brakes change the sound?
The sound does not come up often, so stepping on brakes will not cause any sound.

The only way to make the sound is to drive the car on a rough road to let the car wave.
Old 08-23-11, 06:38 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 162 Likes on 138 Posts

You need another person to be outside and listen while you go by or vice-versa to locate it. There's rarely any other way.
Old 08-23-11, 07:35 AM
salimshah

Received 1,050 Likes on 948 Posts

You need to do few things:

1. Research the liability limitation of the company that towed and stored your vehicle. Typically [for FWD] the tow truck would lift the the front wheels and depending upon clearances they may even strain the transmission by dragging or sliding the front wheels of the vehicle being towed.

2. Look closely at the waiver you may have signed when you picked up the vehicle.

3. Get your vehicle on a lift or raise it and crawl under it. Look for damages, cracked plastic panels/shrouds etc. Look for bent suspension members. Take photographs and or repair estimates.

4. Please confirm, but my understanding is that Lexus ONLY recommends towing on a flat bed (all 4 wheels off the road) and the towing company "should" know this.

5. Check with city/town-ship/campus_police etc., how they regulate the towing companies and how the liabilities are established. You are trying to trace who authorized/called the towing company. Lot easier if you got a ticket.

Do item #3 as soon as possible. If you delay it, your claim (if any) may be denied.

Good luck and I sincerely hope that it is something minor.

Salim
Old 08-23-11, 01:58 PM
lserlohn
Pole Position

Hello all, Thanks for your help.

Today I examined my car again, I found the little sound (high pitch, sound like the brake noise, but only lasted less than one second a time) happens intermittently even I park the car with engine on.

Meanwhile, because the sound is so little, I can not hear it outside the car, because the engine and driving belt makes much more noise.

I guess it is a electrical problem inside the car, just like the clicking noise from the glove box, but that is a different sound.

Other than that, the car drives well as before. I will lift my car tomorrow.

Thanks.
Old 08-23-11, 03:37 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 311 Likes on 270 Posts

That's a tough one. I think we all worry and listen more acutely for noises (potential damage) after these jerks steal our car. It's probably nothing to do with the towing, but get the car raised up and have a good look around for anything obvious.
Old 08-23-11, 07:00 PM
salimshah

Received 1,050 Likes on 948 Posts

Originally Posted by lserlohn
Hello all, Thanks for your help.

Today I examined my car again, I found the little sound (high pitch, sound like the brake noise, but only lasted less than one second a time) happens intermittently even I park the car with engine on.

Meanwhile, because the sound is so little, I can not hear it outside the car, because the engine and driving belt makes much more noise.

I guess it is a electrical problem inside the car, just like the clicking noise from the glove box, but that is a different sound.

Other than that, the car drives well as before. I will lift my car tomorrow.

Thanks.
It can be the infamous air servo ,,,

Salim