RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Best exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-02 | 08:10 PM
loonyrobert3
Lead Lap

Default best exhaust

WAT IS THE BEST OR NICEST EXHAUST FOR AN RX?
Old 11-21-02 | 09:00 PM
salimshah

Most essential about exhaust ...

Sit and drive a bit in an RX which has the exhaust you might like to have.

Salim
Old 11-22-02 | 02:27 PM
leolexus
Driver School Candidate

I agree with Salim. If you have an opportunity to sit in and drive a car with the exhaust that you plan to drive makes a world of difference.

I have the RMM exhaust. You can read this thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=56136 on our buying process. But, there are not very many options out there for an exhaust for an RX300.

Obidon has a Ravin. Read this thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...&pagenumber=3.

WeaponR is in the process of developing a dual exhaust from the cat back for the RX300. According to Leo, they are shooting for spring of 2003.

Keep this in mind. Make sure that the exhaust is made for your car. Universal exhaust is crap in my opinion. I made that mistake in the past on another car. By changing your exhaust, you may need to make adjustments to your air intake to compinsate for the lack to back pressure.
Old 12-04-02 | 06:34 PM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

I would add that a TRD or K&N filter would be sufficient to compensate for the relief of backpreassure created by performance/aftermarket exhaust. Intake is even nicer gains, but not essential. If you just worried about a cool look and a cool sound, then you really don't even need to change from stock.

Also, someone posted a dual exhaust system for the RX that was for sale on Ebay a while back. Do a search and you'll find it - that one was KILLER. Absolute BOMB! Only drawback is that it'd require a bumper mod to accomodate the drivers side pipe.

Your other options are probably RMM or Flowmaster Raven.... Those are the only other ones that I know of.

I have the RMM and have been EXTREMELY happy with it in all ways (looks, sound, performance, fit and finish). IMO, it doesn't get any better on a single exhaust for the RX.
Old 03-20-03 | 02:37 PM
Creature
Driver School Candidate

How does the RMM exhaust for the rx3 sound?
Old 03-20-03 | 06:32 PM
ederny
Pole Position

Default Creat (Steve) what's wrong with....

...see the previous thread from LexRX entitled Sight & Sound. Just play the videos.