RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Long and behold...a new rx300 owner.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-02, 07:31 PM
pierce
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default long and behold...a new rx300 owner.

i've joined the rx300 family. will pick up my brand new 2003 awd rx300 with navigation on saturday. it's being prepped. now i'll have two lexus vehicles in my garage. first being the is300.

i've been battling between the rx300 and mdx. rx300 won out at the end. too nice of a price point to overlook. besides the difference in price and discount...the rx300 also road smoother and quieter and i thought handled better. and the luxury interior is light years ahead of the mdx. i'm thinking the rx300 will be more reliable in the long run. sweet ride!

surprisingly enough...i even got a $500 loyalty discount since i've been a lexus customer before. didn't even know about this. cool!
Old 12-06-02, 07:35 PM
pierce
Rookie

oops. almost forgot. if you are interested in a 2003 awd rx300 with navigation...this is the time to purchase. with the december to remember sales event going on...there are deals galore!

if curious...i negotiated the price down to $38500 from $42741 msrp. i got a tow hitch thrown in for free. also...i got the lexus loyalty $500 discount after my persistent negotiation. so i got it for $38000.

4.8% financing for 60 months...not bad. beat out peoplefirst.com.

if you don't have a rx300 yet...go get one! it's the best time now...
Old 12-06-02, 07:38 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by pierce
if you don't have a rx300 yet...go get one!
Now that's eloquence! Congratulations.

Post up some pics when you can.
Old 12-06-02, 07:59 PM
pierce
Rookie

will do. i pick it up on saturday...so i'm taking pictures right after. especially when it's nice and clean. so excited.

it was a long fought decision...but i'm glad it's over. i'm sure i've made the best choice.
Old 12-09-02, 11:53 AM
w4rjd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What area of the country are you located?
Old 12-09-02, 12:11 PM
pierce
Rookie

i'm in northern new jersey. why?
Old 12-09-02, 12:15 PM
pierce
Rookie

here's a few pictures of my 2003 rx300. got the cool navigation system with it. sweet!

Last edited by pierce; 12-09-02 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-09-02, 01:22 PM
w4rjd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in Central Florida and our local dealers are not making those kind of deals. These guys want to discount $1500 or so.
Old 12-09-02, 02:15 PM
pierce
Rookie

the lexus dealers in your area should come around soon. with the rx330 coming out...the dealers are bound to discount the rx300 models.

with the stiff competition and the new rx330 being introduced...majority of lexus dealers will continue to offer discounts on the rx300 models. even if you look at carsdirect.com or other similar sites...the rx300 prices are substantially discounted.

if you don't need the navigation system...the discounts are even better. i was debating on the navigation at first...but decided it was a cool system to have. i was quoted a fully loaded rx300 without navigation for under $36000. with the december to remember sales event...the best price quoted was $35500. that's an amazing price for such an excellent vehicle.

let me know if you have any questions or need some advice on the negotiation process.
Old 12-10-02, 02:16 PM
CHSMITHINS
Driver School Candidate

Default Pierce . . .

Good decision.

We're like you. We spent quite a bit of time deciding what and when to buy. There's so many vehicle options out there now it's mind boggling. We picked ours up Thanksgiving week.

We got the Nav also, a really fun toy. It also really comes in handy on trips to unfamiliar cities. We never ever pulled out a map and negotiated the LA freeway maze without a hitch. I've never enjoyed driving there so much.

We got the white and added chrome wheels. We were also told another reason for the current price softness (at least on the west coast) is due to the supply of new cars recently coming off the ships after the west coast dock strike/lockout. We paid just less than $500 over invoice but since have seen prices near or even below invoice for Southern Cal. We live in the Northwest and dealers here quote MSRP and claim won't budge. There's very little dealer competition here compared to the numerous SoCal dealers.

Every zone of the country is different. If one can do any travelling to buy a car, check pricing outside your immediate area for sure. The Internet's the way to go.

Have fun with the new car.
Old 12-10-02, 04:08 PM
pierce
Rookie

thanks! my wife and i fight for the rx300 every morning now. she usually wins out. my consolation prize isn't shabby though. which is the is300. such a fun car to drive. handles like a race mobile.

but i've been itching to take a long road trip to use the navigation system. so far...only entered local destinations. still fun though.

the only complaint i have so far is the audio controls. takes more effort to switch stations and cd tracks on the screen. but i'll get use to it.

as far as regional differences in pricing...i agree. i casually touched base with dealers away from the tri-state area. and the prices were a bit cheaper. but not signficantly to buy it from them. i just decided to stay local and got the best deal in the area. the tri-state area is hot bed for luxury vehicles. so lexus, bmw, infiniti, volvo, jaguar, mercedes, acura, audi...all go for top dollar in this area.

but going through the internet process helped. got extremely competitive offers without having to do much leg work or negotiation.

btw...what was the final price you paid?
Old 12-10-02, 05:09 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

congrats on your new car and welcome...

hahah man i want to be like you... a rx3 and a is3... damn why wont my sis trade her car in for a is3 LoL...
Old 12-10-02, 06:13 PM
pierce
Rookie

the is300 is such a smooth handling car. it's definitely the best performing car i've owned.
Old 12-15-02, 09:50 AM
pierce
Rookie

how long does everyone plan to keep their rx? i'm hoping mine will last at least 8 years with 120000 miles or so. from reliability and longetivity reviews...it seems like it shouldn't be a problem. i hope both my rx300 and is300 last for many miles and years to come.

no more money for anything else. hehe. but it's sure nice to have two fine vehicles from lexus.
Old 12-20-02, 02:11 PM
CHSMITHINS
Driver School Candidate

We plan on keeping ours at least as long as our '88 Aerostar, if you can believe that. That has been one fantastic vehicle, 220,000 miles and still going strong on just routine maintenance! It was time to put the old girl out to pasture. She'll still do some of the dirty work that we won't want done in the RX, however.

We're a bit older now with no kids at home but still wanted the flexibility of the room behind the rear seats for "stuff". The RX fits the bill perfectly as we also wanted a luxury car and all the fluff that the Aerostar just wasn't designed for. The smaller size of the RX works for us, too.

We also have a BMW 3-series convertible for the summer fun.

Quick Reply: Long and behold...a new rx300 owner.