RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Successful Key Transponder Programming!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-21, 09:21 AM
slothman
Rookie

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Guys and Gals, I found an ALTERNATE METHOD for remote FOB programming. This is the ONLY way that worked for my 03 RX300. Please first make sure the key can start the motor and is connected to the immobilizer.

Open driver door (all others closed)
stick key in, pull key out (do not turn) for one second
on wood grain panel, press lock button ONCE
then on lock "****", move it back and forth NINE times (it will end on the red side)
close door, then open door
on lock ****, move it back and forth TEN times (it will end on the red side)
key in ignition, turn on/off, then AGAIN on/off, key out (do not start the motor)
the lock will move, indicating program mode
on the key FOB, press and hold lock and unlock at the same time for 2 seconds
then press any key for 2 seconds

for whatever reason, this was the method that worked. When I used the power lock button, it would not go into program mode. When I used the "****" next to the door latch, it worked on the first try !! Please share this in the sticky !!!
The following 2 users liked this post by slothman:
Axeman (03-22-23), salimshah (09-06-21)
Old 11-29-21, 08:13 PM
SlammedRX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will broken door actuators affect this process?

Hello all, first post after lurking for years.

I have bad door lock actuators that work intermittently. I have been attempting to program the wireless remote using the lock/unlock 5 times process and to no avail. I’m really stumped by this guys. Have done just about every last thing to this car but can’t get the new fob to program.

car will not cycle door lock after turning key to on and then lock.

I have already successfully programmed the immobilizer to the key, just need remote.
Old 11-29-21, 08:25 PM
SlammedRX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh my word this works.

Originally Posted by slothman
Guys and Gals, I found an ALTERNATE METHOD for remote FOB programming. This is the ONLY way that worked for my 03 RX300. Please first make sure the key can start the motor and is connected to the immobilizer.

then on lock "****", move it back and forth NINE times (it will end on the red side)
key in ignition, turn on/off, then AGAIN on/off, key out (do not start the motor)

for whatever reason, this was the method that worked. When I used the power lock button, it would not go into program mode. When I used the "****" next to the door latch, it worked on the first try !! Please share this in the sticky !!!
got this method to work after almost pulling all my hair out. Thank you so much.
Old 11-29-21, 09:08 PM
slothman
Rookie

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SlammedRX
got this method to work after almost pulling all my hair out. Thank you so much.
no problem ! took me a while as well hahaha
Old 03-22-23, 12:24 PM
Axeman
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Daddy-O
Thanks, ederny, I hope all goes well with the new key(s).

So, does this make all the key functions work?
Start, lock/unlock doors, and panic button?

Here are those instructions:

Programming replacement keys. 1998 and up Lexus models

-Enter the car with a working pre-programmed key and close all doors.
-Simultaneously depress and release both the brake and the accelerator pedals.
-Within 5 seconds, insert the working pre-programmed key into the ignition. Do not turn the key.
-Within 15 seconds of inserting the ignition key, depress and release the accelerator pedal 5 times.
-Within 20 seconds, depress and release the brake pedal 6 times.
-Within 10 seconds, remove the working pre-programmed key from the ignition.
-Within 10 seconds, insert the newly cut transponder key into the ignition.
-Depress and release the accelerator pedal one time. The security light should now begin flashing to indicate that the computer is reading the new key and programming the system.
-Leave the new key in the ignition for at least 60 seconds. When the security light stops flashing, the programming process should be complete
-Start the vehicle using the new key to verify that programming was successful.
I bought all new identical keys, a new ECU with a new "Virginized" Eeprom (IC900) chip. As promised the vehicle was in Auto registering mode or learn mode, and 1st key programmed perfectly, but I couldn't get an additional key to successfully work to deactivate the immobilizer and start the vehicle, but it wouldn't register the other new keys when initially programming during, auto registration mode. Since, I tried the pedal dance outlined, as well as a couple other methods I've researched to no avail. One of which is In the screenshot below, the pedal dance with the brake accelerator here was also on a locksmith site, but he states the accelerator should be depressed SIX times and the brake should be depressed SEVEN times. Nothing yet has worked.

My vehicle is a 2003 RX300 made in Japan. The key that did register would be a Master key in the ECU, is that right? As for the picture below, it doesn't seem to be applicable because only one kid was registered, however I believe the hex entry for the valet lockout is programmed to that chip. Could it be possible that that entry is preventing new transponder chips to be programmed correctly?
"Everything looks easy on YouTube"

Last edited by Axeman; 03-22-23 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-22-23, 01:19 PM
Axeman
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slothman

You're the KING! My back door actuators need some attention, but this method worked perfectly for me! Thanks a million! Now if I could just get more than one key transponder programmed ARG