RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Legal help

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-03, 10:16 AM
AngeloOLD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Legal help

Hello, i am Angelo from Italy, and this is my story, may be someone can help me.

I own a RX300 year 2001 european model without a cd changer.
Here in Italy is impossible to find a cd changer for my car, so i found in internet a Panasonic cd changer
that is perfectly compatible with the original and with the same functions.

On decenber 2001 i contacted the seller, in Michigan, that assured me about the perfect compatibility of the cd changer and i was invited to send by bank money transfer USD 342,85.

On december 19 2002, the seller received my money, ( i have the bank document where is written the beneficiary credited), but the seller did not ship me the cd changer i have payed, although i have asked for it a lot of time, and send him the copy of my regular payment.
This is my bad story.

Can someone help me? i really do not know what to do. I am so far from Michigan.
How can i have my money back or the cd changer?
Thank you for attention, and sorry for my bad english.
Bye
Angelo from Italy
Old 03-10-03, 02:24 PM
laceltris
Driver School Candidate

It looks like you did not use a credit card, and instead paid for the cd changer with a bank wire.

If you did use a credit card, the first thing to do is to call the bank and dispute the charge. If you used some sort of paying service, you may be able to file a complaint with them to get your money back.

If you purchased the changer through an auction site (like ebay), I would contact them and file a complaint. Depending on how you found the seller, you may be able to file a complaint with the service that listed them.

If it is a real business that you were dealing with, you may be able to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Their website is http://complaints.bbb.org/Welcome.asp They may be able to help you.

I think those are the things you can do from Italy. It is very unfortunate that there are some bad people on the intenet who take advantage of others. I hope that you get your money back. I am sorry that I am not able to offer more help.
Old 03-13-03, 10:40 AM
AngeloOLD
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for answer and thank you for help.
I probably have done a mistake to trust in the seller.
I followed the istructions for payment of international buyer
and did a BANK WIRE TRANSFER with beneficiary
Global Autoshop
2939 South Rochester Rd. #225
Rochester Hills, Michigan 48307
USA
but, of course, never received the object i have paid.
Thank you again
Bye
Angelo from Italy
Old 03-13-03, 01:13 PM
jen9
Driver School Candidate

Have you tried something as simple as contacting the seller via email AND telephone? They have a fairly complex website & I note that they are "business verified" with Paypal, both of which give me hope that this was not a scam, but perhaps an "honest" error somewhere? I pulled the following contact infor from their website:

» sales@globalautoshop.com
for order inquiries

» info@globalautoshop.com
for general information

Phone # is (413) 487-4588
Old 03-13-03, 02:43 PM
AngeloOLD
Driver School Candidate

Thankx for your kindness answer.
Oh yes, i have sent a lot of e-mails, but it is from january 28 that i do not receive any response.
I send also a fax of my bank document where is clear the bank wire transfer and the benefiaciary.
I hope that all is only a mistake.
bye Angelo
Old 03-15-03, 02:13 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 317 Likes on 275 Posts

Well, I'm always suspicious of "businesses" that only accept Paypal. Paypal specifically prohibits you from claiming back through your credit card company (VISA, Mastercard, etc). While individuals can make a case for not accepting major credit cards (they don't have credit card sales accounts), I don't believe legitimate businesses can. I realize that this doesn't help you any but keep this in mind for future web purchases.

Try contacting them by phone to find out what's going on (you may be on hold for a while - may be an expensive call). Post your outcome.

Keith

Last edited by sktn77a; 03-15-03 at 02:13 PM.