RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

p1150 cel code again?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-16, 10:18 PM
hsmac
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default p1150 cel code again?

Hey guys, I don't know what's going on with this car but maybe everything is breaking down at 150k miles? Seems like in the past couple years i've needed repair work on 6 things or so, and the worst part is the next problem occurs within days after fixing the first, or in this case on the same day. I've barely driven this car in the past couple years due to all the problems.

I just finished a brake job today and of course as i'm testing the vehicle the cel light pops up. p1150 it says, and i look it up and someone says it the oxygen sensor. problem is, i look up the part number, and this is the exact denso sensor i had replaced a couple years ago. i'm estimating i've driven the car 5-10k miles during this time at most. even if i'm wrong and it were much more, this part shouldn't have failed so soon right? the first one lasted the 150k before it failed. is this part being used in multiple places? I had the one underneath the vehicle near the middle front of the car changed if i remember correctly.

Could something else be triggering the code? We don't change anything really unless it fails so everything is old. I also had a rough idle a few months ago and sprayed some choke cleaner into the valve since I couldn't get the screw off to clean it properly.

**I don't remember what the exact code(s) were when I had the last sensor changed**
Old 02-11-16, 10:24 PM
isfdude
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Maybe the wires are broken.
Old 02-11-16, 11:09 PM
salimshah

Received 1,072 Likes on 965 Posts

Some sensors are in pair (V6 ,,, 2 banks) so age related stuff happens in pairs.

It is important to write down the history. There are blank pages in the owner's manual

Salim
Old 02-12-16, 12:47 AM
artbuc
Instructor

Received 102 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by hsmac
Hey guys, I don't know what's going on with this car but maybe everything is breaking down at 150k miles? Seems like in the past couple years i've needed repair work on 6 things or so, and the worst part is the next problem occurs within days after fixing the first, or in this case on the same day. I've barely driven this car in the past couple years due to all the problems.

I just finished a brake job today and of course as i'm testing the vehicle the cel light pops up. p1150 it says, and i look it up and someone says it the oxygen sensor. problem is, i look up the part number, and this is the exact denso sensor i had replaced a couple years ago. i'm estimating i've driven the car 5-10k miles during this time at most. even if i'm wrong and it were much more, this part shouldn't have failed so soon right? the first one lasted the 150k before it failed. is this part being used in multiple places? I had the one underneath the vehicle near the middle front of the car changed if i remember correctly.

Could something else be triggering the code? We don't change anything really unless it fails so everything is old. I also had a rough idle a few months ago and sprayed some choke cleaner into the valve since I couldn't get the screw off to clean it properly.

**I don't remember what the exact code(s) were when I had the last sensor changed**
Same part number but was it installed in the same bank? Who installed it? Did they get anti-seize on the business end?
Old 02-12-16, 01:58 AM
carguy07
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by hsmac

That would make me think you had B1S1 replaced since B2S1 is replaced from the top. The code you have now is for B2S1 up front by the radiator. Which like artbuc said is the same part #.
Old 02-12-16, 03:02 PM
hsmac
Pole Position

Originally Posted by carguy07
That would make me think you had B1S1 replaced since B2S1 is replaced from the top. The code you have now is for B2S1 up front by the radiator. Which like artbuc said is the same part #.
ok after some research it seems like both b1s1 and b2s1 both use the same part. makes sense now but i can see why others get it mixed up. seems like it's not a big deal and doesn't require immediate attention? does anyone know how long it'd take to DIY
Old 02-12-16, 06:12 PM
carguy07
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 66 Posts

This covers just about everything: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...el-sensor.html

If you're in limp mode it's a big deal. IMO
Old 02-14-16, 02:24 PM
hsmac
Pole Position

Originally Posted by carguy07
This covers just about everything: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...el-sensor.html

If you're in limp mode it's a big deal. IMO
thank you sir.

Last edited by hsmac; 02-14-16 at 09:41 PM.