RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Alarm going off every time I open door, and can't program remote

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-21, 06:36 PM
Canagraph
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3UPINTHI
I have a 1998 GS300 that uses the same actuators as this model RX300. I purchased aftermarket actuators and installed them and my key fob didn't work either. I found a thread that said the aftermarket ones will usually make the key box to stop working and to take apart the oem actuator and replace and install the motor from the aftermarket. I did this to both the driver and passenger front and now my key fob works again. There are YouTube videos on how to do this, it's very easy.
Thanks for your reply. Yeah, unfortunately I'll have to take apart my door panels again and return the actuators and replace the motor inside the OEM actuator as well.
I cannot stand having the alarm/anti-theft issue, it's very annoying. I had to unplug the the alarm horn to stop it from going off, haha.

Thanks again, mate.
Old 08-04-21, 07:08 PM
GS3UPINTHI
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3UPINTHI
I have a 1998 GS300 that uses the same actuators as this model RX300. I purchased aftermarket actuators and installed them and my key fob didn't work either. I found a thread that said the aftermarket ones will usually make the key box to stop working and to take apart the oem actuator and replace and install the motor from the aftermarket. I did this to both the driver and passenger front and now my key fob works again. There are YouTube videos on how to do this, it's very easy.
Originally Posted by Canagraph
Thanks for your reply. Yeah, unfortunately I'll have to take apart my door panels again and return the actuators and replace the motor inside the OEM actuator as well.
I cannot stand having the alarm/anti-theft issue, it's very annoying. I had to unplug the the alarm horn to stop it from going off, haha.

Thanks again, mate.
I just did mine yesterday and now I'm having an issue with alarm going off occasionally. If it continues to do this I'm going to end taking the 2 rear aftermarket door actuators out and replacing the the motors on them. Hopefully that fixes them. Don't want to dish out $600 for something as simple as door actuators. Good luck!
Old 08-07-21, 06:55 PM
vr4/sc400
Driver

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Hate to break it to you guys but that listing is for Chinese Knock-Offs.
Pretty tricky, they printed out OEM stickers to put in their pictures but I have seen enough actuators to tell the difference.

Here is a tutorial to explain some of the problems you guys are experiencing.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...-tutorial.html

Your best bet is to buy some motors and rebuild your original OEM actuator. Way too many fakes going around these days.