RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

? VIP Car Club

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-03, 11:03 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? VIP Car Club

I have a ? for you guys....... there is a nice 2003 Harrier that wants to join my VIP car club. I have LS - GS - ES plus some other kind that are over here in Japan. Should I let him join?

Dont beat me up to bad........

His ride is nice..... all lexus stuff w/ 20"
Old 09-12-03, 08:54 AM
j4ydubs
Driver

Why not? The Harrier is a Lexus, just with a Toyota badge (I hear they're changing that though?). The Harrier even has options that the RX doesn't get.

John
Old 09-12-03, 02:18 PM
StrmRdr23
Pole Position

i consider it a VIP car...if you let the windom in, i think you should let the harrier in...it's not a big sedan but i would classify it as VIP
Old 09-12-03, 02:55 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

I agree w/ the Harrier being nice. (I want to get one) But as far as the VIP goes I started a club with the cars they have in the VIP style magazine. We got cars that are 1993 and newer: Next year the 1993 will not be able to be in the club 10 yr old cars only.

Its NOT about Lexus........ I would like to have his PiMpEd out Harrier in the club but I kind of need some ammo as to why he should be in it. So when I take it up w/ the other members they wont beat me up

Yes its kind of like VIP but over here its NOT VIP.

He has asked a couple of times about my club but I didnt give him an answer he wanted to hear. "Would You Like To Join". We just talked about our rides. Yes I changed the subject

Windom: You should see the windom we got its It was hard to say NO to that car. We only got one its a 1998 and one of my other members gave him my number which ment he approved.

Old 09-12-03, 05:50 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You are the club president, so it is up to you. If you want to keep your VIP clup true to the VIP magazine Sedan type cars, than so be it. That is true VIP and that is your choice. Here in Hawaii, I belong to a VIP car club, however, we are more JDM VIP inspired rather than true VIP style. Therefore, we are a bit more liberal with the types of cars we let in. In a way, we take a little bit of the VIP style with the big rims, nice body kits, JDM conversions, and such, but we are much more suttle and mild with the style rather than being full on VIP. In our case, we do have Vans and SUVs if they meet a certain style of modifications that we are going for and like. But again, we are in Hawaii and not Japan where the VIP style originated and members there might want to keep the original VIP theme going. We don't have that luxury since the VIP style is still very new to the US and we are a small club (The only one of its kind in Hawaii). Also, cost wise it would take a lot of money to duplicate the true VIP style since the cars still cost $20-$40K used.