RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Power Windows Not Functioning from Driver Control

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-24, 05:44 PM
MCPlexus
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Windows Not Functioning from Driver Control

Hey everyone.

I own a 2005 Lexus Rex 330. Today, I noticed that the windows would not roll down using the controls from the driver side. I attempted to reset them by rolling the windows, halfway down and all the way down then rolling up and holding for multiple seconds. Unfortunately, it has not worked despite trying several times.

I removed the power control box from the driver side to make sure that all cables were connected and not damaged, and everything seemed normal.

I’m reaching out to see if anyone has any additional suggestions that might help resolve this issue.

Thanks for all the help!
Old 01-25-24, 06:14 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by MCPlexus
Hey everyone.

I own a 2005 Lexus Rex 330.
Did you mean Lexus RX330?

Today, I noticed that the windows would not roll down using the controls from the driver side. I attempted to reset them by rolling the windows, halfway down and all the way down then rolling up and holding for multiple seconds. Unfortunately, it has not worked despite trying several times.

I removed the power control box from the driver side to make sure that all cables were connected and not damaged, and everything seemed normal.

I’m reaching out to see if anyone has any additional suggestions that might help resolve this issue.

Thanks for all the help!
Check the power-window switches on the driver's door-panel and see if one of them has a "X" marked on it...and make sure it is not pressed down. Pressing that button will lock out operation of some or all of the windows (for child safety). I have seen some Toyota-sourced vehicles where pressing the button will prevent all operation of the windows, even from the drivers's seat.....other vehicles allow just the rear windows to be deactivated.

If it is not the lockout button, and the button is operating properly per the Owners' Manual, then the window-regulator, an electronic device, may be bad. Failure of the regulators is common....I had one fail on my former Subaru Outback after just a couple of years. Assuming the part is still available, it is generally not a major or expensive repair...usually just requiring a quick disassembly of the inner door panels.

Last edited by mmarshall; 01-25-24 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-25-24, 06:18 PM
MCPlexus
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the reply. I meant to put Rx 330 but looks like autocorrect got the best of me.

i’ve made sure that the child lock button is not down. I’ve had windows act up in the past, and generally the reset that I discussed above resolves the issue.