RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

What happened jeez.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-24 | 06:17 PM
Lxsdrvnmecrzy
1st Gear

Default What happened jeez.

bought a car for my daughter in the summer ice cold air nice 350... clean . I thought i got a really good deal 7200. I noticed what looked like dried antifreeze droplets on the top mount and a little bit on the fire wall . Oh no 😢 im thinking this water pump is leaking and the pulleys are slinging it up the motor. Well i let her drive it anyways and ill keep checking the levels every other day cause i researched and was dreading doing this on my concrete driveway. My bad .... anyway let it go until fall well baby girl comes home and is like dad i don't have any heat. I was like oh lord ive done let the car get bone dry or something. Turns out i cant figure out why . So i started with thermostat nope. Then water pump . And of course here comes the Christmas tree dashboard of death. I thought i must not have got all the air out. Nope its overflowing from the reservoir. Im like wtf now... i figured ive done blown the head gasket its pulling air from somewhere cause i can't get the the air out of this car. So i did the cheapest route till i could find a motor and put blue devil in. Much to my surprise it fixed the small leak i assume that it was on the exhaust side.she drove and even had heat. About a year goes by and here come the lights again. Up to date now. Battery shorted , turns out alternator caused it and went out as well . So now both new ....i realized the tensioner pulley and bracket was bad ohhhhh well what do ya know water pump leaking again soooo did it all at the same time.so new battery new alternator new tensioner pulley and bracket and water pump. Cold cold week for me on the concrete driveway. Fire it up and all is good but now needs power steering pump and bank 2 sensor 1 02 sensor. Drove back Nd forth to work for about a week with cel on so go get code checked. Now we have a cam sensor issue researched and did all the testing w volt meter. Everything checked out . Go get another diagnostic and not only cam sensors but now a crank sensor im just smh... f it ill buy them .... by the way cars runs decent with all these codes hows this thing running so good. Oh well today i come home and replace a couple sensors and fired it up awesome no codes . Oh yes i can take this crank sensor back and get some money back.... go tell the wife i have fixed the car go back outside and the gd light and vsc on again....arrrrgggg. i just closed the damn hood and came in my building starring at the walls for a bit lmao. Im at a loss with this car .... i dont wanna track down a short in the wires man im a parts changer fat dad... im over it .... but i have alot of invested and i can't stand that i can't fix something but if i spend more money on this car Jess.... is gonna kill me ... any suggestions 🤔
Old 02-10-24 | 02:45 AM
Mesquite77
Advanced

Year and mileage? And maybe a short version of current issue with ODBII scan codes?
Old 02-10-24 | 03:15 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

anyone with a TLR version?
The following users liked this post:
RadiantX45 (02-12-24)